Before Crisis coming to 3DS?

Kobato

Pro Adventurer
If Cloud doesn't toss Sephiroth in the Nibelheim rector scene I won't buy it, and I'll raaaaaage at SE.

If Cloud doesn't toss Sephiroth in the Nibelheim rector scene I won't buy it, and I'll raaaaaage at SE.

Agreed. Though if I remember correctly, when Crisis Core was still in development the reactor scene WAS the Lost Order interpretation, until some guys played this early version and raged at it saying it should be like the original version. Thus the event was changed to the one we know (and love) today. I doubt SE would re-re-retcon this scene.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I doubt SE would re-re-retcon this scene.
I wouldn't hold my breath on this. =/ They seem to have a casual disregard for their own continuity, as long as the new thing looks "cooler".

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
My jokes were on topic thank you.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
oh come on. That's not funny, man. I can't even look. I'll be so angry if they do that.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
The more I think about it, the more I want them to leave it the fuck alone. I mean, from what I've seen it wasnt exactly a very pretty game, and the gameplay looked really shit...one step up from fucking Snake or something. Mainly I was interested because it was the Turks and it added some backstory.

I just dont trust them with it anymore, theyre liable to screw things up further...do terrible things like changing the Turks uniforms (again!) adding even more pointless 'new' characters that detract from the originals (the people we actually give a shit about!) etc etc etc

No sir, I don't like it.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Although it's STILL unannounced There's some more specific information on The phone itself. Hopefully this means that some of the Japan-only mobile phone games would be able to reach non-Japan regions, and it'd be especially nice to see them on an Andriod based OS, because that means that there's a much better chance of us seeing them. Still would prefer them as PS3 minis or a PSP game, but this would still be better than nothing. I can't imagine them ONLY devloping on that phone though.

Even still, they'd have to actually ANNOUNCE it first.... :awesome:

X :neo:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I'd rather have it on a 3DS that I'm planning to buy anyway for my daughter rather than a Playstation Phone - especially since I'm looking at the WP7 phones XD

But yeah, for now, that's only rumours so... I don't think they have anything like this planned; it sounds very much like their "oh maybe one day we'll redo FFVII - maybe not" type of thing XD

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So with the announcement of the PlayStation Suite set up for releasing PlayStation One, and new PlayStation Certified games for Android devices, I'm thinking that we've seen the service that will FINALLY put an end to the Japan-only cell phone games. Hopefully this will also mean that Before Crisis will have a method for being release out to everyone else.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Not just remake but rewrite.

From what I understand the script is fucking terrible full of retcons and nonsense.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Honestly, as much as I'd appreciate that, at this point, I'd even go for a straight PlayStation Suite version on my phone, just so that we can have some proper information about it on the site, since it's the least well documented title of the Compilation, and has always felt like a hole in our content.

I'd love a better version, but honestly, I'd just like to have S-E release it out to US/EU at all, now that they have a viable way of doing so.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah, and my skin needs more cancer.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
You actually think we should have more BC on the site? =(

Well-written or not, it still remains the one official Compilation title that we have the least amount of detailed information on accessible from the Front Page. Hell, I think our coverage of DoC Online Mode is probably better than our BC information. Since everything else has a fairly in-depth reference list that's not just relegated for Forum or Off-site posts, it seems a little lacking. Our summary page is entirely Off-site or Forum threads, unlike the ones for FFVII/AC/DoC.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
At the very least, the Before Crisis sticky should be updated. The top three links don't work and there are only links to the scripts up the the first half of Episode 22. Seeing as the Crisis Core sticky has links to all the cut-scenes and the Dirge of Cerberus sticky has links to not only its cut-scenes but also the Online Mode's scrips and cut-scenes it should probably be updated for conformity's sake. Currently, finding information about Before Crisis is like going on a scavenger hunt.

Here are some links I found:

Gunshot Romance now has the traslations for Episode 22-24 up -----> http://gunshotromance.webs.com/missions.htm

S and G translated Episode 25 -----> http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3717

I wasn't able to find the translated scripts for Special Episodes of Tseng, Reno and Legend, but S and G did write detailed summaries of them -----> http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=194

And here are all the translated Episodes on YouTube -----> http://www.youtube.com/user/HcloudXIII#p/u/33/UWdPIpvLHVk

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Well-written or not, it still remains the one official Compilation title that we have the least amount of detailed information on accessible from the Front Page. Hell, I think our coverage of DoC Online Mode is probably better than our BC information. Since everything else has a fairly in-depth reference list that's not just relegated for Forum or Off-site posts, it seems a little lacking. Our summary page is entirely Off-site or Forum threads, unlike the ones for FFVII/AC/DoC.

I know, I know. Our coverage of Maiden Who Travels the Planet is better even -- though I would argue that is justice.

Still, yes, I suppose BC's lacking some attention around here on a site that aspires to be fairly comprehensive. What do we actually need to say about it, though? Beyond linking to translations of and videos of the episodes, I mean.

It's not like it got its own Ultimania, after all. It barely even had a section in the FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania.

And, really, the only plot-related question I can think to ask about BC is "Why?"

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I know, I know. Our coverage of Maiden Who Travels the Planet is better even -- though I would argue that is justice.

I agree with both points.

Still, yes, I suppose BC's lacking some attention around here on a site that aspires to be fairly comprehensive. What do we actually need to say about it, though? Beyond linking to translations of and videos of the episodes, I mean.

I know that we've got the summaries on the forums, and I was thinking that it'd be a good idea to split them into parts and make them into frontpage content at some point. Sort of a basic reference guide for the events of BC, and the bottom could have links for the full translation / those YouTube videos. Essentially, if someone's curious about the events in BC, it'd give them something to go over on the front page that's a little bit more professionally laid out, as compared to the forum version.

It's not like it got its own Ultimania, after all. It barely even had a section in the FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania.

And, really, the only plot-related question I can think to ask about BC is "Why?"

The other thing that I'd been thinking about for a while is that, now that we've got a metric shitload and a half of content on the frontpage, we could go into the Timeline article, and hyperlink the hell out of it to point to other relevant content on the site.

For example: On the character's birthdays we could link to their Ultimania Profile translations. Other events, like DeepGround or BC-related, we could link to the summary of what happens in another article.

While we have a lot of good content, it might not be a bad idea to go back into some of it and start cross-referencing it, and I was thinking that without BC, that wouldn't feel quite complete.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I know that we've got the summaries on the forums, and I was thinking that it'd be a good idea to split them into parts and make them into frontpage content at some point. Sort of a basic reference guide for the events of BC, and the bottom could have links for the full translation / those YouTube videos.

http://thelifestream.net/tag/chapter-summaries/

? :awesome:

Granted, the "watch video here" links could be updated to also include the YouTube links, but everything you mentioned there is already done.

X said:
The other thing that I'd been thinking about for a while is that, now that we've got a metric shitload and a half of content on the frontpage, we could go into the Timeline article, and hyperlink the hell out of it to point to other relevant content on the site.

For example: On the character's birthdays we could link to their Ultimania Profile translations. Other events, like DeepGround or BC-related, we could link to the summary of what happens in another article.

Sounds good!

X said:
While we have a lot of good content, it might not be a bad idea to go back into some of it and start cross-referencing it, and I was thinking that without BC, that wouldn't feel quite complete.

The cross-referencing suggestion is a good idea, but what more do we need than what we have?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
http://thelifestream.net/tag/chapter-summaries/

? :awesome:

Granted, the "watch video here" links could be updated to also include the YouTube links, but everything you mentioned there is already done.

! :awesomonster:

I think that the updates to them sound like a good plan.

The cross-referencing suggestion is a good idea, but what more do we need than what we have?

I'm not too sure anymore. I'll have to go back through what we have more thoroughly. XD

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I would be so happy if they gave me this. Everybody is saying the 3DS sales are shitty, but whatever. Put it on Vita.

UltimiaCloudVII

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Well, I think they should make a game showing whet happened in the 1 year period between Crisis Core and Final Fantasy VII. But Before Crisis would be cool, mainly because it was never released in the US. So, it would be a great idea to put BC on the 3DS.

Well, I think they should make a game showing whet happened in the 1 year period between Crisis Core and Final Fantasy VII. But Before Crisis would be cool, mainly because it was never released in the US. So, it would be a great idea to put BC on the 3DS.

I agree that any playable version of BC would be very cool.
I don't think there's a year between BC/CC and the OG. BC extends several months (max) after Zack's death, and the OG game begins pretty much at the moment BC ends.

Top Bottom