• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Beyond Midgar

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
What location are you most excited to see in this remake BEYOND MIDGAR which has its own special thread, deservedly.

I guess that last sentence should have ended with a question mark, but you know what I mean.

For me: Cosmo Canyon!

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I switch between being excited to see either Cosmo Canyon or the Forgotten Capital.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Cosmo Canyon

Ancient forest...just how they do the giant eating plants and all them bouncing frogs because they already look really funny :monster:

All of the Northern Continent: Bone Village, Forgotten Capital, Icicle Inn, Great Glacier, Gaea's Cliffs, the Northern Crater and Chocobo Sage's house!

Lex

Administrator
City of the Ancients, for sure. It had the right creepy-but-sacred lost to time quality in the original, and it's one area I'm fairly confident they'll be able to pull off in the remake. I think they'll be able to push that atmosphere even further. Specifically the overground shell part and the hidden crystal city that almost looks like its underwater. I'm in love with that place.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
All of the Northern Continent: Bone Village, Forgotten Capital, Icicle Inn, Great Glacier, Gaea's Cliffs, the Northern Crater and Chocobo Sage's house!

^This. I think there's going to be some gorgeous snowy landscape.

But I also can't wait to see Junon, especially during the attack. :D

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
Junon: I hope there's still the dolphin - I also want to see if they made it bigger more of a city. I also always liked Kalm.

Smaddy

Green Mage
City of the Ancients/Forgotten Capital/Sleeping Forest/That entire area with the shells. We see some of it in Advent Children, but to be able to walk through it? It's definitely one of my favorite game locations of all time.

The Northern Crater the first time you go there (walking in as well as the part where the WEAPONS/Sephiroth are). So pretty.

Getting more specific, I am curious to see how the Shinra Mansion in Nibleheim is going to look.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
That reminds me, I hope Nibelheim will look like Nibelheim. =P

The way they did it in Crisis Core kinda broke my immersion because it was separated into two areas and the mansion was just kinda tucked away in a corner. :huh:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Forgotten City (especially the underground portion), North Crater and Mt Nibel. Something about those spiky mountains always intrigued me.

Cat on Mars

Actually not a cat
In no particular order: Cosmo Canyon, Forgotten Capital, Icicle area, Nibelheim and Mt Nibel, Materia caves... and the cat room in Wutai:

0032-Wutai-Cat-Room.png

I want a room full of cats to pet after I've done chasing Yuffie. Well, I don't care if they get rid of the chase but I want to pet some cats.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I always thought it was interesting that Cloud had an actual "walking on steps" animation in that house, though nowhere else.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I've already said it a lot but GOLD SAUCER

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Mideel - mostly because I wanna see what a place looks like on the verge of being naturally consumed into the Lifestream, and I think that they could do some really cool stuff with it to make it feel different than the interior of the Mako Reactors & the interior of North Crater that're planetary wounds.

Mideel_postdestruction.png

(I feel the same about the natural Materia fountain on Mt. Nibel).

Mako_Spring.png

MtNibel-MakoSpring-ffvii.png

X :neo:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I've sat reading this thread for the past 10 mins going "yep, yep, yep, yep, yep" I can't think of a single location I don't want to see, except maybe the ropeway station at North corel because the music sucks :monster:

But I'd really love to see inside the Northern Cave, especially those weird organic areas and the gigantoid eggs....that I can't find a decent picture of :rage:

map.png

hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom