Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Yeah, I ain't certain she's trolling, but it seems like it's a damn good chance given her history and the nature of her posts.

Honestly, it's stupid either way. Whether she was serious or not it's moronic to troll for attention, or to kill yourself because no one likes you.

Also, everyone needs to stop pretending they have some privileged knowledge on being depressed, I'm pretty everyone here has had some experience with it, some more than others. We all have our stories to tell, none more valid than anyone else's.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
And honestly, if we are getting trolled, big fucking deal. It'd be a lot worse if she was serious and actually killed herself. I've been so depressed I saw no point in getting out of bed for years (this is a large part of the reason I did not graduate college until age 25) and I still wouldn't be that upset if it turned out to be a troll.

I guess this is a good point. And just to be clear I don't think she was actually trolling as in, "LOL I GOT THEM", I just don't think she was really going to kill herself. I think she DOES need to get help, but for other reasons.

Just saw your edit, i retract my statement i guess
lol, it's okay it was my bad.

Also, everyone needs to stop pretending they have some privileged knowledge on being depressed, I'm pretty everyone here has had some experience with it, some more than others. We all have our stories to tell, none more valid than anyone else's.
Well I was asked :P
But this is true, everyone is different.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
@dacon.
Then what gives people the privilege to dismiss this as a troll attempt, we have all been there one way or another and dealt with it in different ways.

I made a thread on a forum once upon a time about it, thats how i vented because i couldnt deal with the idea of telling my family about my troubles.
Just because it could be an attempt at attention gives no one here the right to dismiss it and then ask others to dismiss it as well.
This could be potentially serious, even if she doesnt an hero she could still always have it in the back of her head.

If you seriously think its a troll attempt stop coming in here asking others to dismiss it as well. Just go post elsewhere :monster:

Honestly, I think it's better to offer sympathy unnecessarily to 100 trolls than fail to reach out to one person who needs it. Offering kindness to others doesn't make me feel like a fool.

And now, back to the serious business of crack pairings....

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah big fucking deal about people who have actually went through hardship and heartache and killed themselves being shat on by some attention seeking kid who insults all of the crap they went through by playing at being depressed and suicidal.

What a fucking joke. I'm sorry, but that shit isn't cool, if she's really depressed, then yes let's deal with it. If not, fuck you and the horse you rode in on. After all of the crap me and my friends have been through, I'm not going to tolerate someone shitting all over it because they just wanted attention. Sorry that doesn't fall in line with the ridiculous white knight culture perpetrated on the net.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
@dacon.
Then what gives people the privilege to dismiss this as a troll attempt

This is the internet, people do whatever the fuck they want. But as I said, it's a possibility, not a certainty. No one has any real privileges on the net.
If you seriously think its a troll attempt stop coming in here asking others to dismiss it as well. Just go post elsewhere :monster:

I never asked anyone to dismiss shit. This is that same ridiculous bullshit where people play the defensive and make shit up to try and justify crap.

I said I wasn't sure if she was or not, said why it would bother me if she was. I never asked anyone to believe me over anyone else.

That's the definition of a suspicion.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I agree with Dacon and with Quex heavily, but there's also still apart of me that DOES feel bad for the OP. I do want her to be okay, troll or not. She's received lots of helpful advice here, I hope she plans on using it. Pretty much, Aeris needs to post here and explain herself throughly instead of this vague posts she has been doing.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Because the last thing depressed people want is attention right dacon?

Because kids never play around on the internet for attention right gabe?

I never said I was certain, but you keep playing defensive back there mate.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I agree with Dacon and with Quex heavily, but there's also still apart of me that DOES feel bad for the OP. I do want her to be okay, troll or not. She's received lots of helpful advice here, I hope she plans on using it. Pretty much, Aeris needs to post here and explain herself throughly instead of this vague posts she has been doing.

Obviously no one wants anyone to actually kill themselves.

To be honest if you're really depressed you should be seeking immediate help from people, not saying you're gonna go kill yourself.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
To be honest if you're really depressed you should be seeking immediate help from people, not saying you're gonna go kill yourself.
Well I think the problem is sometimes when you're depressed, you don't think clearly. You don't think, "Hey I'm depressed, Imma go get help!" you think, "Oh god I suck, I don't deserve anything and should just kill myself." and such.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Honestly, it's stupid either way. Whether she was serious or not it's moronic to troll for attention, or to kill yourself because no one likes you.
Most reasons to kill oneself seem stupid to people with rational brains (the exceptions are terminal diseases that cause a lot of pain or memory loss or some other horrible consequences, or other situations where there is no escape and likely to be lots of negative consequences), but the key point is that the brains of most people who commit suicide are not rational. Saying "I'm as bad as Hitler" sounds absurd to someone with a rational brain, but acute enough depression where a person thinks that killing themselves is a rational decision makes it likely that the person who makes such a statement is incapable of rational thought, and thus won't realise how absurd the comparison is.

After all of the crap me and my friends have been through, I'm not going to tolerate someone shitting all over it because they just wanted attention. Sorry that doesn't fall in line with the ridiculous white knight culture perpetrated on the net.
We have no idea what else she's been through dude. All we know is what she's been through on the forum. As far as I'm aware she's never even talked about her real life shit, apart from saying:
Nobody likes me in the Real world.
For all we know she could have terrible real-world problems she's never brought up on the forum before. Not everyone shares all their trauma with people. Indeed, people who are depressed enough to want to kill themselves are unlikely to think anyone else cares enough to hear about their problems in the first place. If they thought people cared, they probably wouldn't be thinking about killing themselves.

If you're depressed enough to want to kill yourself you probably won't in a rational enough state of mind to think you need help unless enough people point out that you should get help.

So basically what Quex said in her last post.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
for fuck's sake people

the post says "I'm no worse than Hitler"

HOW IS THAT SAYING ANYTHING AT ALL. VERY FEW PEOPLE ARE AS BAD AS OR WORSE THAN HITLER. IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
for fuck's sake people

HOW IS THAT SAYING ANYTHING AT ALL. VERY FEW PEOPLE ARE AS BAD AS OR WORSE THAN HITLER. IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING

she very obviously meant "as bad as" or "no better than"

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Most reasons to kill oneself seem stupid to people with rational brains (the exceptions are terminal diseases that cause a lot of pain or memory loss or some other horrible consequences, or other situations where there is no escape and likely to be lots of negative consequences), but the key point is that the brains of most people who commit suicide are not rational. Saying "I'm as bad as Hitler" sounds absurd to someone with a rational brain, but acute enough depression where a person thinks that killing themselves is a rational decision makes it likely that the person who makes such a statement is incapable of rational thought, and thus won't realise how absurd the comparison is.

No shit. I myself realise how stupid suicide is, it hasn't stopped me from coming close to harming myself or ODing on some shit.

I looked at the context of what she said, the fact that she's done this before on other sites, and I said I had some suspicions. I am not certain, but there's something that didn't seem genuine about any of it. Of course context can fix this.

We have no idea what else she's been through dude. All we know is what she's been through on the forum. As far as I'm aware she's never even talked about her real life shit, apart from saying: For all we know she could have terrible real-world problems she's never brought up on the forum before. Not everyone shares all their trauma with people

Annnnd? That doesn't dispel my suspicions, or the fact that none of what she's said or done has made sense. She hasn't even attempted to tell anyone the real cause of her problems despite everyone show her their support, and this is the second time this has happened here.

Of course it'd be best if we had some context here. Instead of these threads making these declarations that don't help anyone help her.

Indeed, people who are depressed enough to want to kill themselves are unlikely to think anyone else cares enough to hear about their problems in the first place.

Or they know people care and they just don't give a damn. I sure as shit didn't.

If you're depressed enough to want to kill yourself you probably won't in a rational enough state of mind to think you need help unless enough people point out that you should get help.

Yet people have told her she needs help before and that they were available to talk about it in her previous thread , voiding this supposition entirely. You're making the assumption that some reason is entirely lost to her, when it clearly is not.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Annnnd? That doesn't dispel my suspicions, or the fact that none of what she's said or done has made sense. She hasn't even attempted to tell anyone the real cause of her problems despite everyone show her their support, and this is the second time this has happened here.
None of what anyone does when they're suicidal makes sense. Even if you've been suicidal before, different people react to depression differently.

I agree though that if we had more information it would be helpful.

Or they know people care and they just don't give a damn. I sure as shit didn't.
Fair point.

Edit:
Yet people have told her she needs help before and that they were available to talk about it in her previous thread , voiding this supposition entirely. You're making the assumption that some reason is entirely lost to her, when it clearly is not.
I should clarify: even if people have told you you should seek help, it might not sink in at first. You might need to hear it several dozen times. The first time a person tells you "you should seek help" you might blow it off, especially if you're depressed. If dozens of people tell you "you should seek help," or the same group of people tells you several dozen times, it might stand more of a chance of sinking in.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
for fuck's sake people

Try reading aarons post :D

@ Dacon i get what your saying and perhaps i am being a bit extreme. I dont like people to shit on my hardships and what not as well, but at the same time having been in that boat i'd hate for a single post in this thread that was taken in the wrong way to be the cause of loss of life.

If the threads not serious, then awesome. Its a shame that someone chose to use a serious subject as a ploy but atleast that someone is alive.
If there is something thats bothering her though, the worst thing we can do though is call her a troll :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
...Yeah.

Is there any purpose to this thread remaining open? Clearly she's still alive, and this was a bad idea. I dont think fanning the flames of this is needed.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
..."no worse than" means "better".

I obviously find the whole thing highly suspect, from empty words like those right down to the Aeris name change followed by a new user named Ms. Gainsborough - and that's not even considering what's happened in the past.

Either way, this attention is only fueling this behavior further. If people want to talk about the rationale and logistics behind suicide, this isn't the place for it, where all it does is either feed a troll or feed someone's mental health problems - which, as everyone knows, is not the way to help them.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
If there is something thats bothering her though, the worst thing we can do though is call her a troll :monster:

No, the worst thing anyone can do is say they don't care at all. I didn't say she was a troll for sure, just that it was a suspicion.

Mako, if there's a real problem here and she's reluctant to talk to anyone in her life, and insists on talking about it here, she needs to make a thread explaining what's bothering her specifically so people can talk to her and make some legit attempt at helping her cope.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
..."no worse than" means "better".
It's obviously a typo dude. Probably she said "I'm worse than Hitler," went to change it to "no better" and forgot to change the second word, or something along those lines.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
...Yeah.

Is there any purpose to this thread remaining open? Clearly she's still alive, and this was a bad idea. I dont think fanning the flames of this is needed.

Well I for one would like to hear more from Aeris, and find out what the real problem is here that's going on.

I obviously find the whole thing highly suspect, from empty words like those right down to the Aeris name change
I think the name change is what bothers me the most. It seems odd to me that someone who was going to suicide would take the time to change their name on a forum. Maybe something happened after the fact...? Idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom