Captain America: TFA, TWS, & Civil War

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
xurEOH3kjPHZS.gif

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
You know, I understand the lack of Thor in the movie. The lack of Bruce Banner on the other hand rather bothers me.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well, he wasn't in the original Civil War story in the comics, either
because he got shot into space
because to be honest, he's kind of a trump card.

Obsidian Fire

Ahk Morn!
AKA
The Engineer
I thought it was rather interesting that it's Hulk leaving the Avengers in AOU as opposed to Bruce. As it is, he's the Avenger that's been on the run from various authorities for the longest period of time and he's in a similar position to Bucky. He really doesn't want to be involved with the whole superhero thing, but everyone wants to keep him involved anyway because he is such a trump card.

Bruce is the ultimate case of "do people get a choice if they're involved or not?" and so far the answer everyone (except the Avengers, maybe) has always been "no, if you've got a dangerous enough power, you don't get a choice even if you don't do anything with it". He really is the team member that makes it clear that it's the potential for a person to cause destruction that really matters to the authorities, not if the person actually chooses to cause destruction.

If Bruce was in Civil War, I'd expect to be an Avengers movie as opposed to a Captain America movie and for the central conflict to be a lot personally messy for everyone.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Seeing this tonight! :reptar:

EDIT:

Woo less than two hours!!!

MUCH HYPE

VERY EXCITE

26bcbbd6bde5b2721a90b9851329466d.jpg

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
This movie was goooooooood.

To be honest, I MAYBE might have liked Winter Soldier better, but Civil War was still very solid.

I'm just going to be right out with it, though: Ant-Man and Spider-Man were both completely irrelevant to the plot of this movie. :monster: They were basically just thrown in to up the roster count for both sides. To be honest, I almost wonder if it would have been better to not have them at all. Not that they didn't have a cool fight scene, not that they weren't funny, but they did distract from the real story for a bit.

Spider-Man kind of came out of nowhere. Maybe if there was some allusion to the fact that Tony had seen his YouTube channel earlier in the film it would have helped the flow a bit more, but the movie just kind of was like, "Here he is!" I mean, at least with Ant-Man we had an entire movie to introduce us to him and let us get to know him, and a connection to Sam that helped act as a segue to fit him into the plot. Spider-Man just kind of got pulled in, and quite late in the game, too. I'm not sure how I feel about him being introduced like that.

Not to mention, the real break-out star newbie here is Black Panther, and I wish we could have had more of him. In the end he became the voice of reason to end the cycle of destruction. I was very happy with the character development he was given in this movie; how he had spent so long tying to kill Bucky, only to realize the need for vengeance was the cause of everything that happened and in turn served to make him choose to not take the life of his father's real killer. Chadwick Boseman nailed it. He was simply perfect in this role.

Anyway, that's all I really have for now. I have more thoughts, and some stuff I ponder about Ant-Man, but I'll save that for later when it isn't 12:30 am.

Also, I have a massive theory about the title of the Spider-Man movie concerning something that happened a couple of times in Civil War. I'll talk about that in the Spider-Man thread, though. I'm sure you guys must have caught it (first time it happens is in the very beginning)

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
SO! Just saw it & loved it.

Quick non-spoiler points before I pass out:
• Black Panther & Spidey were excellent and the way they move SO differently from all the other heroes was excellent.
• Great job with all of the teams and sides feeling well-assembled and the team-up fighting moments feeling fluid.
• The tone of the film was just spectacular.

One spoilery thing:

I'm calling it now.

The after credit in Wakanda totally confirms that the teams are gonna need a catalyst to reunite for Infinity War. Thanos is that catalyst, and the way to forge the teams back together is Stark using the PTSD glasses he debuted at MIT to fix Bucky's mind and repair his and Cap's friendship.

More when I'm awake again and at a computer.

VERY glad to be able to read this thread finally.

X :neo:

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Went to see this twice in a single day, once with mom & lil bro and again with a couple of friends. I'm team Cap all day.

Well, he wasn't in the original Civil War story in the comics, either
because he got shot into space
because to be honest, he's kind of a trump card.

Loved
Planet Hulk
. I'm curious as to how they can set that up.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Yeah, they're not doing a Hulk movie in general for now apparently because Universal still holds distribution rights which complicates matters or something.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Haha that is kind of funny.

I'm glad they made him leave his shirt on, though. Not saying it wouldn't have been a nice view, but that would have been straight up hokey. :monster:

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
So i went with my siblings over the weekend and saw this movie.
Awesome, loved it, as expected from the Marvel movies. I didn't have a side really, I stayed neutral through out the entire thing. I had characters I was rooting for on both sides. Although I will say Antman and Spiderman where awesome additions to the Avengers and i can't wait to see how they are in future movies.

Great set up in some ways for the future movies like Infinity War, not so much the next Thor movie, but that does need to happen before Thanos comes and gives everyone a good old ass whooping.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Saw this today. Not going to go into spoilers (as spoiler tags are fucking internet cancer). I will instead say I enjoyed it overall, and give my reaction to each of the major actors in the movie.

Chris Evans- Clearly tired of doing these movies.

Robert Downey Jr.- Getting a bit old. Worth what he is getting paid.

Scarlett Johansson- Spent most of it looking like a really expensive prostitute.

Elizabeth Olsen- Also looked like a prostitute, but in a more craigslist kind of way.

Sebastian Stan- We get to put up with him for 7 more movies.

Anthony Mackie- Odd that he looks more buff in these movies than when he played a bodybuilder in Pain and Gain.

Don Cheadle- Looking old.

Jeremy Renner- Would really like to do more in these movies.

Chadwick Boseman- Sad that he will always be the second most intimidating black man in these movies. Resents Sam Jackson for that reason.

Paul Bettany- Why did they put people cloths on Vision? What was the point? He didn't even go outside in them.

Paul Rudd- Trying hard to be funny.

Emily VanCamp- Well she is on camera...

Tom Holland- Not really Spider Man, not even Spider Boy. He is Spider Fetus. I mean shit have his balls even dropped yet?

Frank Grillo- Yeah he came back, no one cares.

William Hurt- Looks the same after 8 years.

Daniel Brühl- Hey the guy from Rush. And he is somehow even more of a dick than Niki Lauda.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm genuinely curious - is there a point to your comment other than just making an excuse to post lazily abrasive celebrity shit talk? Like, are you trying to build up cred to show off for a TMZ resume or something? Because, like in the GotG thread, you seem to lack any insight or capability to talk about the films themselves, and instead feel that it's necessary to make oddly slanderous criticisms of the actors in them, almost always referring to the females as either eyecandy or prostitutes, that are of absolutely zero substantive value to the conversation whatsoever.

If you want to make sexist, shitty comments about celebrity actors, I'm sure that there're plenty of other Internet forums with a high population of Jr. High School students who'll enjoy your thinly-veiled sexism disguised as constant negativity, but I'm done with it.

Consider this an official warning.

Spoiler tags at least have a purpose to be in this thread, so basically, it's up to you to prove that you're of more value in this thread than your self-proclaimed, "fucking internet cancer" because if you can't, I'm curious what exactly that makes your post content the equivalent of….

X :neo:

Top Bottom