[Case of Shinra Finished] Any news on the new OTWTAS entries?

If you found a way to get paid for your endeavors Hitoshura, that would be awesome. Would be even more awesome if Square paid for your translations and made them official.
I mean seriously, would it hurt Square to publish all of their ultimanias and what-not outside of Japan? :monster:

Doing so would hurt their cba-ness :monster:

Square goes "liek, omg this guy works too fast for us!"
Of course this is not the case. Someone just has to take initiative and start a project with the purpose of publishing official english translations. Hito, are you a bad enough dude to take initiative?!:neo:

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
This might be a dumb question, but are official translations in English ever going to come out? I just assumed it would...

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This might be a dumb question, but are official translations in English ever going to come out? I just assumed it would...
Not if Square Enix doesn't think there's a large enough market for OTWTAS to make translating it to English profitable.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Moose stuff. You can have sex with me or you can just stand over there and drink from that lake, and everything in between...

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Not if Square Enix doesn't think there's a large enough market for OTWTAS to make translating it to English profitable.

Sadly, this is too true. If they cannot see a sizable profit in their endeavors, such projects are scrapped at some stage of the game.

OTWTAS may make it into English. I'm wondering if they'll just make a box set as they did with the DVD version? Or, since it seems it's possibly as big as a novel, they'll just release it separately.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It IS as big as a novel. It measures out at nearly 200 pages, IIRC. Even with the more efficient arrangement of english script, that's still a lot of pages.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Have Square in the West ever released on the novelization of their games? OTWTAS is a bit different in that it's not just retelling the story, but they still don't seem too big on releasing books at Square US.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
IIRC, just the original OTWTAS alongside AC:SE, Hitobito. So it's unlikely, but possible, we'll get an official of the new version.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Book translations usually make £3000+, I hear :awesomonster:

Or Square could just pay me themselves :awesome:

I won't be able to do a lot over the next couple of days, but here, have a logo :monster:

otwtas_nanaki.png

Top Bottom