• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Catch-all R.I.P. thrad

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
EGOT winner Mike Nichols, director of films such as Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? and The Graduate and plays such as The Odd Couple, Spamalot, and Death of a Salesman, has died at age 83.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Marion Barry, mayor of Washington, D.C, and frequent late night punchline. The reality was quite a bit more complicated, as these things usually are. The links at the blog are good reads. This Buzzfeed piece also does a good job summing up why he inspired such loyalty in so many D.C. residents.

Ghost X

Phil Hughes, 25, up-and-coming Australian cricketer. He suffered a critical brain injury after being struck in the side of the head behind the grill of his helmet by a cricket ball in what has been described as a freak accident. Never recovered. Apparently took 14 minutes to dial 000, and the hospital was only 800 metres away. The lack of quick medical attention is also believed to have contributed to his chances of recovery. He was also wearing an out-of-date helmet. Newer versions have extended grills, which may have saved his life. There'll likely be another review of head protection after this incident, that's for sure.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Rolling Stones saxophonist Bobby Keys dies aged 70 | Music | The Guardian

In addition to the Stones, he played with John Lennon, The Who, Eric Clapton, David Bowie, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley, and many others.

1965_Jeremy_Thorpe.jpg

Jeremy Thorpe | BBC News

Thorpe was the young and relatively successful leader of Britain's third party, the Liberal Party. Under Gladstone, Asquith, Lloyd George, and others, the Liberals had been the only opposition to the Conservatives up until the '20s, when the Labour Party pushed it into a decidedly third place from which it has never recovered. Thorpe led the party back from the brink of obscurity and appeared to be on track for for greater things when he was brought down by a particularly nasty scandal involving an alleged gay relationship with a blackmailing lover and a plot to murder the blackmailer.

Despite the fact that he was acquitted, the electorate remained unconvinced of his innocence, and he was never reëlected.

This interesting postscript deeply implicates Jack Straw in the Labour Party's nebulous machinations against Thorpe.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
"No contaban con mi astucia!" I watched "El Chavo del Ocho" and "El Chapulín Colorado" religiously as a kid. My cousins and I used to recreate scenes from the shows. They're still popular today, 40 years later. :'(

Chespirito.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
British rock/blues singer Joe Cocker has died of cancer age 70. He was probably best known for his inventive covers of other people's songs like "With a Little Help from My Friends" (which was used as the theme song for the TV series The Wonder Years) and "You Are So Beautiful". He also had a particularly gifted ability for recruiting superb backing bands, with musicians like Jimmy Page, Brian May, and Phil Collins backing up various shows/tours of his. Here's a write-up from Rolling Stone.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
British rock/blues singer Joe Cocker has died of cancer age 70. He was probably best known for his inventive covers of other people's songs like "With a Little Help from My Friends" (which was used as the theme song for the TV series The Wonder Years) and "You Are So Beautiful". He also had a particularly gifted ability for recruiting superb backing bands, with musicians like Jimmy Page, Brian May, and Phil Collins backing up various shows/tours of his. Here's a write-up from Rolling Stone.

I was about to post about this but you beat me to it.

P.S.: He also did "Up Where We Belong", by far his most well known non-cover song.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I grew up religiously on Darkwing Duck and Dexter's Lab. RIP.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Tristessa, vocalist/guitarist/songwriter of Greek black metal band Astarte, died last year of complications from leukaemia. I just found out about it yesterday; I knew she had been sick but I hadn't heard that she died. I doubt anyone else here listens to them and I doubt most of you have even heard of them but I'm pretty bummed about it. Rise from Within is one of the first black metal albums I fell in love with/bought.

SoulReaper

Titties 'n' Beer
AKA
Lord_Graf
Tangerine Dream founder Edgar Froese passed away last Tuesday. One of the most influential electronic artists of all time. This really bummed me out as I really love their first 10 or so albums, I will be spinning lots of TD for sure.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Uhh not sure if this is good but the King of Saudi, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz has died yesterday around 2 am on 23 Jan. 3 days prayer are currently going on around here yep.

Top Bottom