• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

ChaosBringers, Reborn!

Smaddy

Green Mage
Sephiroth isn't a good example: he only has the one character model, too (excepting the one wing added in some scene). SE didn't slack off on Hojo's design: they just recycled an existing one.
I was thinking of Sephiroth in the original FF7, where he had a few character models and was in the FMVs. I guess it isn't fair to compare FF7 to DOC though.

I think the director/author's mantra for movies and books holds true for games, too: it's never finished. If they had their way, they'd work on it until it was perfect - but then it'd never get released.
Yeah. It just would be nice to have Square make a decent effort on something... their tactics just baffle me. But I guess it's all money over quality these days.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I was thinking of Sephiroth in the original FF7, where he had a few character models and was in the FMVs. I guess it isn't fair to compare FF7 to DOC though.
It's interesting actually: the less high-res the graphics are, the more variations in character models. But then again, very few characters have radically different graphic models like Vincent does in both VII and DC. :huh:

I guess it's all money over quality these days.
I hear that. :nah:

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Hey there people!!!

Okay so I'm back from Chicago and all excited!!!

In the spirit of the holidays, I was thinking a fanfic/art swap/competition is in order, the prompt obviously being Vincent (with or without others) and the holidays. Make it fun and creative, and we can post it all here. So who's in?

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
In the spirit of the holidays, I was thinking a fanfic/art swap/competition is in order, the prompt obviously being Vincent (with or without others) and the holidays. Make it fun and creative, and we can post it all here. So who's in?

I was thinking of doing a holiday greeting card swap or something similar; if it was to be by next week it would have to be online, but if people were interested in doing it offline, getting something physically in the mail, it would not be in time for the holidays. If anyone's interested in this, please let me know! Even if it's late, a physical card swap would be nice. And to borrow your idea, Kamui, it could feature something Vincent related inside or with the card - whatever people would choose, but with recognition that what you get may not be what you give - meaning if you send a keychain, you may only get a sketch or a picture back. Anyhow, Kamui, I like the idea, I am trying to say, in a very wordy way! :P

For me, I have four Secret Santas to do, but I don't think I'd be opposed to making something Vincent-y for the Holidays. :)

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Alright then!!! I've got no objection to either the online or offline. And agreed, seeing as how sending something like a plushie would be difficult, I propose that at least part of it has to be a handmade present. So if you get someone a keychain, you should handmake the card. There's just something special about getting a handmade object as a present.

So then to sum up what Ari has stated:

Present Exchange
Related to Vincent
Preferably part is handmade

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.

I thought I replied to this?

I'm game! :)

Though, I think to give some real time, we'd have to set the New Year as the official deadline.

Anyone else game?

So then to sum up what Ari has stated:

Present Exchange
Related to Vincent
Preferably part is handmade

I thought I replied! :P

Okay, this computer is goofy.

Anyhow - Official deadline is the 15th of January - we'll make it an extended holiday.

Don't go hog wild (like I did with presents!) - something hand made is fine; if you can buy or have something to send, $15 minimum.

If you want to do something that can be submitted digitally, that's fine too. Same deadline.

Again, any goers?

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
:( I suck with handmade... but I have a Weapon PlayArts Cerberus if anyone wants it. :monster: Seriously, it's just gathering dust.

Seriously though, I may have to abstain from this. I mean, I can do a fanfic and share it here, but otherwise... I've already run myself to ground now, as far as Christmas is concerned. Actually, if anyone's interested, I did do a Vincentric Christmas story a few years back. I can post that if you'd like. :huh:

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Well the three of us and I'm not sure where Smaddy went. So do we wanna draw lots or how do we decide who gets what gift?

Also, I had a BSOD moment the other day when the middle head of my Cerberus pendant broke off... I'm still trying to recover and a new one's on the way... Mom suggested I mount it and make it look nice... any idea...?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Like I said... not entirely sure I can do the gift thing. I've kinda knackered myself out, what with present shopping, work and personal stuff. Ask me again after the hols, I'll have recharged.

LOL, mount it? How big is it?? Hmm, can't you superglue it back on?

Anyway, here's that Vincent fanfic I said about. Bloody hell, it's five years old... and I can still remember coming up with it as I was bussing home. Well, hope you guys like it. :)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2183457/1/Remembrance

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
The necklace is pewter... it would totally melt if I tried anything hotter than ice... But I have a new one on the way... hopefully... *crosses fingers* And for my next hair dye, black and I will do a black suit Turk!Vincent... I got a new tie so it works now...

Very nice fic Big Brother!!!!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Oh, I see. Here's hoping the second one lasts! :) When you said "mount it", I had this image of stuffed animal heads on walls, like jerkasses bring back from safari. :monster: "Oh, yah, this is one of the heads of Cerberus the hellhound. Yah, I left the other two so he would match his twin, Orthrus."

Good luck with the cosplay. ^_^ And thanks!

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Geez Manti you make me sound like someone who wants to ruin children's dreams... Oh wait... XD

I just got my new pendant a week ago, it's much bigger then the last one so I think it should hold. My mom was also kind enough to get me a Vincent dogtag. Unfortunately it's suffering from coating failure so I'm afraid it won't last long. I'll put up a pic if anyone wants it.

In all seriousness, I'm going to be making a new Vincent cloak, the old one isn't that good, and then a new wig in the offing.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Geez Manti you make me sound like someone who wants to ruin children's dreams... Oh wait... XD
*nods* Exactly, Kameimei.
I just got my new pendant a week ago, it's much bigger then the last one so I think it should hold. My mom was also kind enough to get me a Vincent dogtag. Unfortunately it's suffering from coating failure so I'm afraid it won't last long. I'll put up a pic if anyone wants it.

In all seriousness, I'm going to be making a new Vincent cloak, the old one isn't that good, and then a new wig in the offing.
Well, can't speak for the others, but I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of them.

XD Well, good luck. TBH, never saw you as the textile sort. :P

Found this on TVTropes. See one of the examples under "Video Games": http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StoicWoobie XD

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Ah the Stoic Woobie. Though I think Vincent is more Stoic Woobie Destroyer of Worlds. Just until the end of DoC though.
After all Chaos qualifies as pure Destroyer of the Worlds, cause he's kinda crazy in an awesome way. But then when he gets split off from Vincent, Vincent goes back to being a Stoic Woobie.

That said though I went back and reread Case of Nanaki,
since it explains Nanaki's appearance at the end of DoC with his promise with Vincent that they would meet there once a year.
Any speculation on what they talk about?

On a completely unrelated note, you'd think the people of Edge would learn never antagonize people with silver hair and green cat slit eyes...

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Hmm, maybe Stoic/Woobie/Destroyer of Worlds, as Vincent isn't a destroyer of worlds himself, but Chaos left to its own devices seems slightly dopy. Actually, Stoic Woobie Destroyer of Worlds seems to describe Shelke - she only went along with the whole "kill everyone" concept to stop her own pain. ;_; She only went there for work experience!

Hmm, with Case of Nanaki...
weren't they near the Forgotten Capital when they agreed to meet up once a year? I thought that was a shout-out to how Nanaki was supposed to show up at the same time as Vincent in early drafts of AC. Which would have been awesome.
In all my fanfics written before AC was released, I always had Vincent just move into Cosmo Canyon. He and Nanaki hung out together, Vincent learnt meditational techniques to control his limits, it was cool. ^_^

Um, what? :lol: Have more aforementioned gentlemen been sighted and harrassed since the end of AC? Before that, I doubt any of the public knew Sephiroth's eye colour/physiology. Plus, I don't think anyone explained that the deceased general was behind the Meteor Crisis to the populace. XD

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Sephiroth's eyes are blue-green! Or green-blue - but definitely both! :P lol Haven't all those close ups of Loz, Yazoo, Kadaj, and Sephiroth taught you nothing?! (Besides they/he have/has an awful sense of boundaries!)

What's a 'stoic woobie'? EDIT: I read the link... Eh - sometimes Vincent is a stoic woobie I'd like to hit, as in upside the head. Yeah, let's see Arianna try that. :awesome:

Hmmmmm.... Nah; though in my fanfiction with Arianna, I have him settling down a bit more so - Vincent Valentine is not one to pin down. I just can't see anything keeping him in one spot for too long. And, I don't think he's the type to leave messages, except for the 'hi, I live, bye' type.

Kamui, I'd love to see your new (and old!) Vincent Valentine oriented things. ^_^

Last edited:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Sephiroth's eyes are blue-green! Or green-blue - but definitely both! :P lol Haven't all those close ups of Loz, Yazoo, Kadaj, and Sephiroth taught you nothing?! (Besides they/he have/has an awful sense of boundaries!)
Turquoise. :) Actually, Shalua in DC has similar coloured eyes... But no cat-pupils, though, so I won't worry.

Hmmmmm.... Nah; though in my fanfiction with Arianna, I have him settling down a bit more so - Vincent Valentine is not one to pin down. I just can't see anything keeping him in one spot for too long. And, I don't think he's the type to leave messages, except for the 'hi, I live, bye' type.
Hmm, I don't know... it depends if he can find peace with himself (and, I feel I can speak for the three main posters ATM, we know how hard that can be). The stupidest thing in fanfics I repeatedly read has Vincent settling down... IN THE SHINRA MANOR. Thankfully, that trend has decreased since the Compilation's release.

:lol: Now he has the phone, he doesn't even have to see anyone. Tifa gets home from the shops and finds an answering machine message...

"...Cloud, Tifa. It's Vincent. ...Please ask Yuffie, Shelke and Reeve to lose my phone number. ...Bye."

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
So basically now that I've finally seen ACC, I would just like to say that
even though Manti already posted screen caps (I think) I would still like to say how badass it is seeing Vincent inside the cloak when he saves Cloud. Though it begs the question of where he got that sort of power.

So according to you two I'm now related to Sephiroth rather than Yuna? XD *runs out to by silver dye*

I think there's a YouTube video of me somewhere in my old Vincent outfit... I need to get to work on a new one, but my friend who helps with my costumes is hung up with the Gunblades for Squall and Seifer, then she wants to make me shoulder guards for Zack... Though I will be looking at wigs when apps are done.

But in CC the name of Sephiroth's fanclub is the Silver Elite, with *dies* Hojo as president. Dunno if that needs spoiler tags seeing as how it's been out for over 2 years. Besides press releases from the Wutai War would have taken care of that.

And last but not least, I actually think that with a bit of patchwork, Shin-Ra manor would make a nice place to live. Yeah it's out of the way and the nearest neighbors are Nanaki and Cid. That said though you're probably right, he wouldn't stay in one place for very long.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Really, you hadn't seen it before? :huh: And yes, yes I did. :D Admittedly, pretty crappy ones taken by pausing the PS3 and using my phone's camera, but... Yeah, that is a cool scene, and I'd like to know where he got that ability, too. Also, why didn't he use it in DC? (Although, one could argue that it's merely a visual artifact from the speed that Vincent moves - as we see DC following him, we see how it actually is from his perspective.)

XD No, Sephiroth and Kadaj's brats gang's eyes are all homogeneous in colour and form, unlike yours. :P

Well, you could just go buy a decent suit and cosplay Turk!Vincent. :)

Hmm... well, they may know the colour, but I'd imagine that the ShinRa would suppress the fact that their top general has a freaky pupil shape. Unless, of course, it's a well-documented physiological abnormality on the Planet - e.g., Vincent's red eyes are inherited from Grimoire, not a side-effect of Hojo's experiments as was popularly assumed prior to DC's release, and Rosso also has red (crimson??) eyes. Also, Azul's eyes are downright animalistic, but that may be a side-effect of the metamorph project.

My problem with Vincent moving into the mansion/manor was simply... after all that happened... would he really want to live there???

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Off subject, but...

I'm back!!! :joy: :awesome:

Hello to everyone who's joined in the meantime, if anyone has...

Speak up if you have, so I can update the first post with member names!

Who here thinks Cid Raines from Final Fantasy XIII looks an awful lot like a young Vincent Valentine?

... and my other thoughts about XIII. :whistle:

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
WB! ^_^ :joy:

Haven't played XIII yet, can't comment. :whistle:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
1383803_534385753309176_1587152664_n.jpg

Someone just posted this on Facebook, so...

Happy birthday, Vince? :monster:

Top Bottom