Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
None taken . . . I always had a feeling that L would've died a lot later on in the manga. I really didn't expect Misa to outlive him because I personally thought she was so dispensable due to her blind devotion to Light. Misa annoyed the crap out of me too--I wanted her to just . . . go somewhere . . . far away. :lol: Yeah the mind games between L and Light were what drove the plotline for the first half of the DN manga. I mean L's intelligence coupled with Light's frightening cunningness were just amazing to witness.

Alright, I'll have to force myself to watch the DN movie. I just hope that they do justice to L, Light, and Misa's characters--particularly L's though since he's so eccentric.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Eh, I don't like Death Note either, tbh. I tried to get into it but I just couldnt, bore no interest to me whatsoever. Btw, wut you guys up to?

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The main character ruined it for me.

I can't stand being stuck under the nose of one of the most disgusting faggots in anime ever.

A

Great Old One
I don't like Light either, but the story concept overall is the reason why I enjoyed and still enjoy Death Note. And:

Qos, yeah, exactly. Light and L's epic mind tricks on each other were really the only reason why I had such amusement into it. And then L died, and then some idiot takes L's place, and it gets so boring from that. No one to be suspicious of Light (well, Near was, but not in the same way L was). That's why you should watch the movie. :D

Hi, hi everyone. Hi Aerith (can I still call you that?)!

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
Yes u can Ali ^^. tbh, i really dont get why people like L so much, i mean if they do then that's them but i dont really find any interest in him. Misa i had a little interest in but other than that, the whole show was just phail (no offense BBMz).

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

A

Great Old One
Lol, no, it's okay. I liked L, and some of the other characters. I hated Misa. But eh, anyways.

What's up? ^_^

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
nuttin much really. chattin on MSN, helping friends, the usual XD. how about juu?

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Near could never ever top the awesomeness that was L, in my opinion. L actually had more of a uniqueness to him, I think that Near was too cold and stereotypical to be appealing. After L died, the manga/anime became a shit pie, really.

Meh, I'm just lurking on the intarwebz---I felt like indulging in IGN not for game reviews (I'm not always fond of their reviews. <_<) but just to see if any recent interesting news popped up on there.

A

Great Old One
His death probably killed the show for me in my opinion. I mean, it was still good, but not as fun as it used to be for me. I just hate Near too, he's an annoying little bastard. I would have rather seen L to be the one to defeat Light. Good plot line though, overall.

@ Aerith: I should be studying, but I'm... talking to a friend and here. :monster:

@ QoS: Me too, I'm not very fond of IGN. I will jump at the chance at seeing some ACC spoilers though. :monster:

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
I would jump to see spoilers too! S-E are meanies cuz they TEASE us so BAAAAAAD D:!!! Gar... I wanna be able to watch teh movie online T_T. 3 days til Japanese release!!!

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Yeah the whole idea of killing people by scribbling their names in a book was very refreshing to me, you don't see stuff like that everyday. Lol. It's one of the reasons why I adore manga--there's always a volume that stands out in terms of authenticity. Death Note started real good, crashed when the main star Light started getting way too egotistical and killed L, and then it just sort of deflated by the time Near was introduced.

Aanyway, I'm reading some article on how Valve tests games--apparently they engage in "extensive external playtesting" which is a fancy way to say that they have guys who are hired to play their games as soon as it reaches playability status. I want a job like that--on the side :). But yeah it's pretty cool, apparently their ability to always respond to player feedback is the reason why they're able to continually polish up games like Left 4 Dead and Half Life 2 (which was already bad-ass on it's own but then the Episodes just . . . whooo perfect man, perfect).

EDIT: Personally in terms of S-E-related news, I always check back to see if they have updates on the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. I focus solely on FFXII and FF Versus XIII because I'm not a big fan of full cell-phone games.

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
Wow, already that close. And I remember talking about this in another forum at January, lol. Gah, I can't wait for the movie. It already looks epic. ^_^

Yep, lol. Exactly what I think of it QoS. I mean, the concept of it was really, really good. But then after L died and the mind tricks became no more, it was just... *yawns*

Ohh, that's awesome! :O That's like every gamer's dream job, lol.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
The concept of the Death Note and it's powers isn't really unique at all.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Yeah I hardly pay attention to the anime/manga anymore. It's kinda sad. Although my full attention is on this anime called Tora!Dora! which is a definite shoujo manga for sure. It's got bits of humor, romance, drama, and omgz! liek teenage crushes in it which is always a bonus for a girl of my age. I'd recommend it if you're into romantic high-school comedies, though I must say it's pretty slow-paced so yeah. Very well done though. I normally watch it at: http://www.zomganime.com

I just checked and all of the episodes for Tora!Dora on there are dubbed and it's complete so if you want then have a go at it! ^_^

A

Great Old One
ToraDora? I never heard about it - truth is, I don't read much manga or watch much anime. In fact, Death Note may just be the first manga I've read to the entire end. None of those other popular ones like Naruto, One Piece, Fruits Basket, Inuyasha, and so on... I guess I'm more into games then I am into anime or manga. Death Note was enjoyable for me though.

And thanks, QoS, I'll try that out. ^_^ It takes a lot for me to really get into an anime/manga though.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
You're welcome Ali, it's pretty cute--Toradora. I have a feeling you'll like it. ;)

A

Great Old One
HTR? Read it, pretty good. ^_^

And looking into that QoS, thanks. ^_^

HAHAHAHAHA OVER 3,000 POSTS. I AM SADLY PROUD OF MYSELF.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*flames.guitar solo*

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Whenever I'm mad, just shout BISON in a raged tone and flames will erupt from behind, sometimes with a guitar solo. I do this to give my friends enough flames for barbecue or a smoke.

I will when she crosses out of line, Muhammad Ali.

example?

She plays with matches or my laptop.
"BISOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!"
She cries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom