Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
The Hunchback of Notre Dame and The Centaur are seriously epic books made of great justice ane pure win. Seriously, when I read Hugo the first time I was in shock. That book is so heartbreakingly beautiful. It's very deep and deals with some surprisingly modern morals and themes: unrequited love and inner beauty within not so pretty people (READ: Quasimodo) are some examples. But I won't spoil it for you, I promise. :)

Aaaanyway I've never read comic fantasy books, I should probably give that one a try then . . . oh but then you said it's sort of bleak. :( I don't like bleak books . . . :(

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
He's got some which are less bleak; I'd recommend Small Gods as a starting point, I think.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Small Gods Gotcha. Does he normally focus on just comic fantasy though or does he delve into other genres?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Honestly I haven't read any of his non-Discworld novels except for Nation, which I haven't finished but seems to be more or less in the same genre other than actually being set on Earth rather than a place which is simply modelled off it for satiric effect. I suspect he probably has written a few things outside the genre but I'm not sure what they are.

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Ah then that's fine then. Goodness I need more books . . . hopefully I'll be able to win that haiku competition on Friday and get that Barnes and Noble giftcard. Ah Barnes and Noble . . . :)

A

Great Old One
Death Note thread to be made or not... hmm.

I used spoiler tags. :ph43r:

What competition are you referring to, QoS? And I'm looking forward to getting a book on May - they're even making a movie about it, but it has the worst cast ever. *facepalms*

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Okay, now I need to know. Did I post a spoiler? :O I must cheeeeck!

Edit: I guess I didn't? :shifty:

Last edited:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Alise said:
What competition are you referring to, QoS? And I'm looking forward to getting a book on May - they're even making a movie about it, but it has the worst cast ever. *facepalms*

Oh it's just some poem-writing competition that my Honors class is doing on Friday. We have to submit our best tanka, senryu, and haiku poem for judging and then the winner of each category gets a giftcard to a specific place. I'm aiming to win in the haiku subcategory because then I'll receive a Barnes and Noble $20 giftcard, which is the smex.

Also DN thread ftw plz.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
What's the downside in making a DN thread? *n00b question*

Edit: I remember posting with spoiler tags when I posted here the first time XDDD

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
:awesomonster: : There's no downside in making a DN thread, everyone knows that--or at least supporters of DN and/or L know that.

A

Great Old One
Alright, I'll make the DN thread then. :awesomonster:

Oh it's just some poem-writing competition that my Honors class is doing on Friday. We have to submit our best tanka, senryu, and haiku poem for judging and then the winner of each category gets a giftcard to a specific place. I'm aiming to win in the haiku subcategory because then I'll receive a Barnes and Noble $20 giftcard, which is the smex.
Oh, that sounds fun. I hope you win! ^_^

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Yay I hope I win too. :awesome:

Also double yayness for teh DN thread of epic justice. :joy:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Oh LOL. I hope you win too. Remember to split the prize with me :monster:

Is it made yet? :wacky:

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I didnt use them, but I didnt really spoil anything. I was pretty vague, didnt mention anything specific. But Ill use them from now on.

A

Great Old One
Okay, I made it, post please. :monster:

Mei, I made it. :3

And lol, good luck. Getting gift cards for Barnes and Nobles is definitely epic indeed. :)

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Yay epic thread is made. Woot.

Yuzzur Barnes and Noble as a whole is epicness. Now I shall post fgj! :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Anyway, fun as all the discussion is tonight I can barely keep my eyes open. G'nite everyone :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yes. I have to.

Goodnight. :)

I hope I can sleep. It's finally warm enough (by my standards anyway) to leave my window open and the dogs are barking. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom