• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Cloud Strife in Super Smash Bros.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Has this announcement really changed how so many of you feel about Super Smash Bros.? I've never really liked the game - I find the controls fiddly, the animations jarring (specifically that little pause every time you hit someone) and the general mechanics annoying - and having a new character isn't going to change any of that. :P

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Super Smash bros. isn't the best fighting game and does have its quirks, but I've always enjoyed playing them myself as long as there's others playing with me. Last one I played was years ago for the Wii, and it had a 'story mode' that I found entertaining. But when it comes to doing battles on a stage, playing by yourself only goes so far.
For that matter, I find Mario Kart to be more entertaining to play by myself than Smash Bros., but both of them really shine when you have others to play with.

Just wait, Cloud will be in Mario Kart next with a motorcycle. :monster:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Just wait, Cloud will be in Mario Kart next with a motorcycle. :monster:

My body is ready. :megusta:

tumblr_lyg2hnmX5M1qk8hih.gif

Kionae

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Desha
Has this announcement really changed how so many of you feel about Super Smash Bros.? I've never really liked the game - I find the controls fiddly, the animations jarring (specifically that little pause every time you hit someone) and the general mechanics annoying - and having a new character isn't going to change any of that. :P

I honestly don't really like fighting games in general. Not my cup of tea. I enjoyed Smash Bros, though, because the controls were always kind of mindless, and I liked the mash-up style character roster.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I've been playing Smash since before my teenage years and I love it just as much now as I did then. To be able to add Cloud to that big roster of awesomeness is a blessing. Time to dust off the 3DS.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Super Smash bros. isn't the best fighting game and does have its quirks, but I've always enjoyed playing them myself as long as there's others playing with me. Last one I played was years ago for the Wii, and it had a 'story mode' that I found entertaining.
Ironically enough, Kazushige Nojima wrote that story (such as it was). :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
This came to me as a surprise too. How could they?! Next they'll add Sora from Kingdom Hearts.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
So, further to the interest in Super Smash Bros. shown by Final Fantasy fans in this thread since the announcement, one of my best IRL friends, who loves Super Smash Bros. but has never played a Final Fantasy game, asked for my opinion on the best platform to play VII. It looks like this collaboration between Nintendo and Square Enix will work out well for both of them.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Sony should've grabbed Cloud for All-stars but they didn't and this happened and all I have to say is.........

WHAT IS NINTENDO PLOTTING?

Especially in light of the FFVII remake.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
There's been no shortage of FFVII-remake-on-NX rumours since the SSB announcement. I'd like to see what kind of hardware the NX turns out to be before deciding if it would be viable.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
Sony should've grabbed Cloud for All-stars but they didn't and this happened and all I have to say is.........

WHAT IS NINTENDO PLOTTING?

Especially in light of the FFVII remake.

They seem to be building up a reputation for being able to stay truer to the roots of much loved characters than the companies who actually own the characters, considering how many people I've heard wishing Nintendo could get the Megaman franchise off of Capcom and start treating it the way it deserves to be treated.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Any franchise that was in Captain N. the Gamemaster deserves to be in Smash, is all I will say.

Also Lolo should get more love than Kirby does. He predates Kirby after all.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Cloud's alternate costume colours have been leaked. Don't know how reliable the leak is but they look decent. No need to complain about his original costume being too purple/blue - you can choose either. :P

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I like that the ACC one has both a sleeve & a ribbon-arm version. I believe that there's supposed to be a release date for this DLC coming out soon as well, so keep an eye out.

X :neo:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So I have to say, I really love the way Cloud looks in those pics. Especially the original game designs. Am I the only one who kind of wishes the remake was using an art style closer to that? I sometimes wish SE would stick to the more anime style FFVII had back then.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Cloud is being released today. Not sure exactly when. If someone wants to FP it, that would be great, otherwise I'll do it tomorrow at some point. Right now, I'm going to bed.

Lex

Administrator
Oh I didn't know how this was going to work. He's a DLC character.

Time to buy Smash Bros for my 3DS! I love every single one of Cloud's looks in that imgur post. I can't even pick a favourite, he just looks awesome in all of them.

Top Bottom