Crisis Core -FFVII- Reunion General Discussion

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I think there's probably a good chance they'll add some sort of new content that hooks into Remake, even if only as something like an unlockable secret ending.

My thoughts as well. I'm assuming Nomura is creative director on this like he is for all FFVII titles now, and that dude put 20 minutes of cutscenes at the end of Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory, a rhythm game. Now I'm not saying Reunion will get the exact same treatment, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got some new post-credit scene like Intermission did.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
I watched some CC cutscenes on Youtube, yeah I think they are new actors now. I must have imagined it after seeing the original scenes so many times. They might be actors I've heard somewhere else and got mixed up. But yeah, all 3 of them either only voiced in CC or haven't done anything since.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i wasn't sure if i was remembering it right since it's been probably over a decade since i played it, but the scene in the trailer showing the zack on the train platform talking to angeal on the phone was text dialogue in the japanese version so having that in the trailer is probably meant to highlight the full voice addition but in english it's just... an already voiced scene. (i have a vague memory that if you didn't advance from the text box showing shinra troops running though the doorway, they would just keep on appearing indefinitely)

i kinda want to see want other scenes were text only but also want to wait and just replay the game when it's out rather than watching it all again

Torrie

astray ay-ay-ay
i have a vague memory that if you didn't advance from the text box showing shinra troops running though the doorway, they would just keep on appearing indefinitely
It's more like if you don't press any buttons, the troops keep shooting at Zack, but while on the phone he seems to be invincible and doesn't take any damage.

i kinda want to see want other scenes were text only but also want to wait and just replay the game when it's out rather than watching it all again
I played with Jp audio and En text, and there were lots of unvoiced dialogues, actually. Most sidequests involving Aerith, chit-chats with Cloud in Modeoheim and Junon, all convos with Kunsel (he never had a canon voice at all), all NPCs. Basically, most in-game dialogues versus fully voiced cutscenes.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i want to see remade cissnei

show me hollander and his shlubby outfit

It's more like if you don't press any buttons, the troops keep shooting at Zack, but while on the phone he seems to be invincible and doesn't take any damage.
i was thinking of the previous line from angeal (すぐにわかる。気を抜くなよ。) where shinra troops appear like that door is a clown car, although it works on that line and the grunts' stormtrooper-level of aim

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Also, apparently the boxart was briefly leaked via some online shop. No big surprises there, same old but with the Remake Buster Sword

mdG5Zbml.jpg

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Don't say that too loud....

They'll add a patch to FFVII-R and edit the Buster Sword in that scene :monster:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I actually wonder if they'll do a proper rerender of AC at some point to fix this design inconsistency (and redub with the new English VAs). AC is gonna be the odd one out if they also remaster dirge.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
God, this is only making the lack of Jenova mercing Shinra employees and leaving a blood trail through the building even more egregious and useless. :monster:

They need to fucking abandon this Rated T shit and not nerf Jenova on the Cargo Luxury Ship/Ferry in Rebirth. If we can get bloody Zack, Shinra Troopers and Yuffie in Intergrade, go all the way.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Been trying to think of some good shit to add to this conversation since being in a perpetual state of happiness about this news, and yeahm I got nothing.

I'm just excited as hell. Can't wait to see my boy Angeal in HD. :excited:

Whatever collector's editions they make for this game, I will buy. It's just that simple. :monster:

Top Bottom