Username

Banned
Just want to say keep up the good work Dacon, its looking great :monster:

I'll let you do the other requests before adding my own :wackymonster:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Rorschach or however the hell you spell his name needs some more highlights on the right side (his left, but I'm just going to call it his right here to avoid confusion). I know the moon is on the left side of the pic, but because it's really freakin far behind him some moonlight should still fall on the top of his right side. I could see some highlights particularly along the top of his hat, his right shoulder, and juuuust the very edges of the creases on his coat sleeve. This should also help resolve your lack of contrast issue. Also, the left lapel of his coat needs way moar highlight, and that lapel in general should be shaded much light the coat itself. Otherwise it will look like a separate layer slapped on top of the coat layer, much as it does now.

Good mood and colors and such though, although it's a bit...monochrome. Also, the moon could stand to be rounder. I found a great tutorial on rendering a decent looking moon in Photoshop here. And this tutorial illustrates the whole night sky, with another take on how to render a moon.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I know, it was an old sketch that I just decided to throw on the webz because I haven't had anything to show for a while.

The moon and buildings in the back look especially shit if you really look at them.

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Tbh, I thought the buildings looked good. Obviously they're blurred so I can't the details. But as it is, I think it looks fine. The Moon could use a little work tho.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Yeh, the buildings were fine, especially since they were out of focus so you really couldn't see much about them anyway. I mean I can tell that they're kinda just the same uniform thing repeated (windows are all the same size, etc.), but whatever, I hate buildings too.

The sky looks like a Photoshop satin render effect, though.

So what are you working on now, then?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The buildings are out of focus BECAUSE they'd look like shit otherwise.

And all I did was use a hard edged brush with slight softness and noise to render the sky then blurred it.

And right now, I'm just doing fully body sketches for practice.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Moon looks odduy. anyhoo. could ya dok sokem arkham asylujmn works t opromtoe the game?

slo ravy ne. its ror schcha.

rorschach

Last edited by a moderator:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Done. Yeah as I "said", the moon looks a little odd. other than that, it's all good. And it's Rorschach. not Rorshah.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
wwrender.png

Been a while since I posted something, I've been needing to practice and finally got something done. Not very proud of it tbh, but it doesn't look too bad.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
This looks more obviously rendered than your other work, probably just because the white background is a pretty stark contrast. Other than that I don't have any complaints, and that's not really even a complaint just as much as it is a comment.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well I don't have that jesus juice those other artists have that lets them paint shit that looks like a goddamn photograph Aaron.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I wasn't saying you should :monster: it probably takes most of them >9000 hours to make those paintings, anyway.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I know a guy that can belt that shit out a painting a day.

I'm just not that talented.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Lolz I just noticed that haze around her and I left out the star detailing

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I agree--the white background does nothing for the picture.

But I simply love the shading! It's so rich and detailed, it really brings the picture to life. Gives it depth and feeling. moar plz

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well I only did it for practice, I'm not much of background person, which you guys should know by now :monster:

Top Bottom