AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Been there done that.

And a lot of "professional" artists have giant egos. :/

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Ah, I should have figured you'd be familiar with her already, you're a comic book nerd, right? :monster: I'd be tempted to stop watching that one if it wasn't so damn inspiring.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I find Liquid's colors to be more inspiring, even though he hasn't updated in months.

I really liked his work on Ultimates even though that book was crap.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah, that's him.

Christian Lichtner is an awesome painter.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Just finished this. Not really that great, and I fudged Spidey's physique pretty bad, he's not supposed to be that big, his body's more akin to that of an Olympic gymnast, guess I've been drawing bats for too long.

At least he's nowhere near as big is as Venom, which is somewhat of a victory.

spideyvsvenom.png

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
WOW! That's really badass right there!

The way you drew both their physic and how you didn't overshadow Spiderman's body with making his logo's designs stand out seems great.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Thanks, I sorta just winged it anyway.

I always hated Spider-Man's web motif. Prefer the black suit :awesome:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That would seriously make a badass poster with some color. I love it. You did an awesome job on Venom. Peter's buffer than usual but it still looks great. I want to see you color stuff again T_T

cherry

uprising down under
AKA
Annie/Anya
Hey, your work's pretty cool. [: It's clear you put a lot of effort into it, good job!

I has a question though, when you shade things like muscles, how come you decide to use strokes instead of like... smooth filling? Is that just the style you prefer? I'm not saying one's worse than another, I'm just curious. [:

ExMachina

Chuck me.
Badass pencil drawing is badass. Seriously nice job on the anatomy, even if you fudged around with Spidey's body type. Only other thing I'd critique is Venom's tongue - the curve of the drop shadow is a little too shallow, so it kind of flattens it.

Other than that... would love to see this colored, like everyone else. It's already a really striking image, but the contrast in their color schemes would definitely add a touch of dynamism and improve the image readability a bit.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Cba with coloring! I fail at it these days.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I've been practicing, and it's not helping. I've always been the kind of guy who failed at trial and error, and got better from learning from others.

Collaboration?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
spideyvsvenom1.png

Just did this to see how it'd come out. Doesn't look very bad though. At least I got the lighting in the background the way I imagined it when I penciled it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yea well, you just haven't seen the stuff I've been doing, that I don't show to people :awesome:

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
The lighting in there is excellent. I'm impressed! And I thought Spiderman's logo would stand out a lot if it was colored, but it isn't and I like that too. More emphasis on Venom, which is a plus.

ExMachina

Chuck me.
Spidey/Venom pic turned out awesome! So much for failing at coloring these days, eh? :P The smooth style definitely fits the comic book look perfectly.

Only one thing I'd crit - the way the backlighting leaks out over Venom's hand and Spidey's forearms is a little bit awkward. It should be coming out between Venom's fingers and not covering so much of Pete's left fist/right forearm.

Other than that, badass piece is still badass. And now more complete. :headbang:

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Only one thing I'd crit - the way the backlighting leaks out over Venom's hand and Spidey's forearms is a little bit awkward. It should be coming out between Venom's fingers and not covering so much of Pete's left fist/right forearm.

that's what it's supposed to be doing, but it got a little blurred.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
bbs23ad.jpg

Just finishing up on this pic, and looking for a little more critic to see if there's anything else I can touch up before I submit it to the contest.

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
I like everything but the butt just stands out way too much for me. Like the left cheek looks like someone punched it hard while the right one looks like someone inflated it a little too much. They look like butt implants to me. :monster:

Everything else looks great though. Great coloring and drawing!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
THE BUTT IS SUPPOSED TO STAND OUT.

GAH.

and thanks.

Top Bottom