Dacon's Art

ExMachina

Chuck me.
That is a) technically a fantastic piece with great details and b) such awesome win content-wise. xD

I love Cloud's orz pose... poor guy can't catch a break, haha.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
That Clerith is amazing, and the one before it is nice too and obviously had a lot of work and effort put into it, but I've noticed how much better your line art is than your finished colored work. I think maybe your shading is a bit too smooth and a lot of it looks like you went happy with the Photoshop gradient tool. Maybe you should try experimenting with different colors being used together as light and shadow of the same object, too.

But the pencil work is total win. Maybe you should consider retaining more of the line art in the finished piece, too.

And don't "are you on pot" me, you asked for critique. =P

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I think maybe your shading is a bit too smooth and a lot of it looks like you went happy with the Photoshop gradient tool. Maybe you should try experimenting with different colors being used together as light and shadow of the same object, too.

I don't use gradients and I always experiment with different colors for light and shadow.
But the pencil work is total win. Maybe you should consider retaining more of the line art in the finished piece, too.

The line art didn't go anywhere.
And don't "are you on pot" me, you asked for critique. =P

ok are you on crack?

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
I don't use gradients
But it looks that way, whether or not that's how it was actually achieved. Too smooth and even.

and I always experiment with different colors for light and shadow.
Experiment moar.

The line art didn't go anywhere.
I meant leaving it visible.

ok are you on crack?
way to be humble. :awesome:

Stop making excuses and just accept the criticism. You're good, but you're not perfect, and there's room to improve. Whoa, I guess you're just like the rest of us then. :monster: Acknowledge, utilize, move on. Disputing wastes everyone's time, especially yours.

Splintered

unsavory tart
aerithlantern.jpg

Just did this for shits and giggles.

Enjoy your undead flower girl.
This picture is amazing. Not just because the concept is awesome, but everything looks extremely proportioned and clean, all around well done. I like your art.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Experiment moar.
Durrr. The whole precipice art stands on is experimentation.

I meant leaving it visible.
It is visible. The only reason you can say it isn't is probably because you never saw the lineart without color.
way to be humble. :awesome:
way to take a joke.

Stop making excuses and just accept the criticism.
No, fuck off. If I see something I don't agree with I'm going to voice my disagreement. Calling that "making excuses" does not somehow demean the points I make. If you disagree with something I'm saying you're welcome to say so, but don't insult my by accusing me of "making excuses" when I do the same.
You're good, but you're not perfect, and there's room to improve.
NO SHIT. I am always acknowledging my failings, and there is always room to improve.

Whoa, I guess you're just like the rest of us then. :monster: Acknowledge, utilize, move on.
Save the fail lecture for someone who needs it, kthnxbai. You're just being unnecessarily patronizing now.

Disputing wastes everyone's time, especially yours.
No it doesn't. Debate over the specifics and structure of a work is just as beneficial as a day a of just practicing the simple basics.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yeah I just wish I could work out the layout and pose for the one I'm working on now. I've spent days on this shit ffs.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
I've only just viewed this thread because I thought you doing art would be terrible. But it's actually alright. :awesome:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
fuck you tony.

you're garbage. HUMAN GARBAGE.

trustnoevil

Selphie Chica
Your art is really amazing, Black Hand. I like the sort of comic-style you've got going on. Your pencil drawings are wicked. Good job, good job.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Finally finished this picture, and I now have the means to properly describe my art "style" which is wholly uneven. The picture is meant to be inspired by RE5 and that's supposed to be the Spencer Estate in the background, but it just looks really shit. I spent a long time working on this pic and you wouldn't know it from looking at it.

I just noticed that the shadow on the top of Jill's boob blends in with Wesker's suit now that it's been scanned in, which just adds the cherry on top of the shit salad of bad proportions and ugly texturing. blah.

jillwesker.jpg

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
also, can one of you mods change my thread name to Dacon's art or some such? cba with current title anymore.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I would have to agree that the estate could have been better and stuff. The characters look fucking awesome though.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I bet Black Lantern Aerith would look sooooo hot. You seriously need to color that so I can hang it up in my room. :monster:

Cookie Monster

NOM NOM NOM
Finally finished this picture, and I now have the means to properly describe my art "style" which is wholly uneven. The picture is meant to be inspired by RE5 and that's supposed to be the Spencer Estate in the background, but it just looks really shit. I spent a long time working on this pic and you wouldn't know it from looking at it.

I just noticed that the shadow on the top of Jill's boob blends in with Wesker's suit now that it's been scanned in, which just adds the cherry on top of the shit salad of bad proportions and ugly texturing. blah.

jillwesker.jpg

The only problem I have with this piece is that shading seems incomplete. There's no shading on the building at all which makes it look flat compared to the rest of the work. The structure is pretty good tho. And, it seems like you got lazy on Wesker's pants, looks a bit flat there as well.

The detail on Wesker's upper body looks fucking amazing tho.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I didn't "get lazy" it's meant to be completely cast in shadow. The image is at night, and there's no shading on the mansion because it's further in the background and I was trying to pull off that effect where things lose focus the further they are away from the camera, I realize that usually works better in color where you can blend it in more successfully.

Top Bottom