Dacon's Art

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
IMG_0001-3.jpg

Deadpoolaction.jpg

Commission I did for Brooke. Not sure how I feel about this one, but she liked it so I guess that's enough.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Hopefully I can get another commission soon.

In the meantime I'm gonna do sketches for the comic and some color practise.

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
Wow, the coloring job on that one is awesome. I love the amount of detail in the shorts. Going from that picture the "cell shading" technique seems to work much better with your drawing style.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I like traditional painted style more, even though I'm not very good at it :/

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
I C. The details seem to pop out more though, like its more crisp, than the style you used for the crazed axeman picture. Im curious, what kind of coloring technique did you use on the deadpool drawing?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I C. The details seem to pop out more though, like its more crisp, than the style you used for the crazed axeman picture. Im curious, what kind of coloring technique did you use on the deadpool drawing?

I used much the same technique that I did with the pic above.

The axeman picture was just badly painted in general.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
That Deadpool pic is awesome! :D The only thing missing is little yellow boxes... :P

The other pic is awesome too, but IDK who that is. I think she's from Black Lagoon, though?

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
^ She's the main character from "Black Lagoon", Revy.

Awesome portrait, Dacon!

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Actually Rock would be the main character of BL, as the story follows him and he narrates events.

IMGfinaldraft.jpg

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
powergirl3.jpg

Did this for practise. Rendered entirely in Photoshop. Since, y'know, have no scanner.

Started with a grayscale sketch, then built on it adding color and using the smudge tool.

Meant to be power girl.

I know it's far from perfect, and it's dodgy in a few areas, color and contrast included, but it's been a while since I've been able to draw, or color, so I am satisfied with the end result.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Actually Rock would be the main character of BL, as the story follows him and he narrates events.

Rock's the protagonist, but Revy's the driving force of the show.

The Power girl is good. The haircut's weird, but only because I'm used to her hair being flat on either side. And platinum blonde. But yeah, good windswept not face obscuring hair.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Now, that really stands out. I am completely impressed as always of what you can come up with. It looks really soft and clean, my favorite parts are without a doubt the hair and legs. You caputured the depth perfect.

My only concern with this creation is in some areas it is dark on the edges, such as the ear, and it looks more like you have a black border contouring the edge rather than shadowing. Am I making myself clear?

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Meant to be power girl.
...Did you really feel that qualifier was necessary? :P

It's a great pic, and I think KissTheRain's issue would be dealt with if it had a background. I've seen worse images of her published by DC, TBH.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
johnprac.jpg

More painting practise. Likeness is meant to be that of Mr. John Marston.

Rei.K

Lv. 25 Adventurer
I just browsed through the 10 latest pages ... your art is really cool, Sir.
You actually know the basics of anatomy and muscles, which is a trait a lot of wannabe artists usually skip (not saying you're one of those), that gives a lot of credibility to your characters.
It's nice that you seem to have a really personal artstyle - I can tell it's a bit influenced by western comic, and that's actually a good rest from all the weeboo stuff the net gets flooded with, lately.

At first I thought you only did monochrome pencil, but your coloring is great, too.
You're actually making money out of some of those ? That's great. I say keep it up :)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I am most definitely a wannabe artist :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I wish the background could have been more interesting.

Top Bottom