• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Death Note: SPOILER ALERT

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
k guys, spoiler tagged the whole topic so you don't have to bother taggin every post.

Carry on.

A

Great Old One
No more tagging? Yay. :monster:

Well, to be reformed they have to have some biological basis for a conscience. Some people are just sociopaths and don't seem to have the portion of their brain even developed that's necessary for them to be able to feel remorse for their actions. Not recognising that is naïve, and what would be done with such individuals in an "ideal" society is questionable at best. The important question is how much of the population this really represents. Ordinarily I think it's not that much of it; then again I look at the wankers in charge of running everything and I think it could be a really high number, or maybe power just attracts sociopaths
Power definitely does attract sociopaths. Just look at the number of greedy ass politicians and pedo-mayors we've had in the past few years....

I must not have worded myself very clearly; life in prison is the severest penalty I think should be allowed for nearly all of the population. The exceptions are people who are put into positions of authority and grossly abuse it, such as for example most of the Bush Administration, for such things as promoting torture on a wide scale and starting wars of aggression based on evidence they clearly knew was fraudulent. Those people deserve nothing less than hanging; ideally, they would be subjected to the very same "aggressive interrogation tactics" they themselves promoted first.
I don't agree with the Bush Administration myself, but even if they were to promote their own ideas about torture and the death penalty, should those be treated differently because their beliefs are different than ours? If someone promotes the death penalty - and said person commits a crime, that results to his/her own request for a death penalty to other criminals, then he/she has just fallen for his/her own trap. But people always make wrong assumptions, it is possible that they would feel regret for believing in their views after they're shifted into a completely different position. Then comes the request of mercy and forgiveness. Would we be so heartless into giving them their own 'aggressive interrogation tactics...?'

Seriously though the statistical evidence for sociopaths could be . . . a surprising number just saying: 1 in every 25 people are high risk sociopaths.

From here: http://www.consumerpi.com/Sociopath.htm

Note that the statistic denotes a specific type of sociopath, in this case a potential one. Still that's an interesting observation--however estimated it may be.

Ahem okay soooooo . . . still I think that certain criminals have to be willing to accept and swallow if you will, their own transgressions it's just a logical mature way of going about things. Now what about those sociopaths that are just so out of it that they can't be reformed? Shall we kill them then assuming that there's no way to isolate them and see any significant change?
I've read in an article before that people who commit crimes have a eighty to eighty-five percent chance of committing another crime, so the chance of them reforming is very low, in my opinion. I don't think they deserve death though, as there are always reasons for them to act this way. It could have been changed, it was most likely an influence that brought them to be a sociopath.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I think leaders need to be held to a higher standard of conduct than the rest of the populace, because history is full of examples of leaders being held to a lower standard of conduct than the rest of the populace and the result has usually been that they abused it in all kinds of horrid and atrocious ways. To be clear, I don't think they should be tortured and killed just because they tortured and killed others; I think they should be tortured and killed because they started a war based on lines in which torturing and killing became the normal way of conduct. Humanity is definitely not ready for a society without leaders (though I look forward to the day when it is), but so long as we have to have them, they need to be absolutely terrified of what will be done to them should they fail to serve the populace's best interests. Or, to lift a line from a (fairly) recent film based on a graphic novel, people should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Did any of you hear that news story sometime last year about a kid in America who had a Death Note and was writing kids names in it, and they treated it like terrorism?

I heard about it. He only wrote his friends' names in there, and I guess they knew and didn't care because they were all little anime nerds. But a really huge fuss was made. Cops got involved because they thought this was a list of people he was going to kill since none of them really even knew what Death Note was. :hohum:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
k guys, spoiler tagged the whole topic so you don't have to bother taggin every post.

Carry on.

Thank you much. :lol: Those spoiler tags were fun though. :awesome:

So, liek, I was gonna tell you guys something a while ago before I left, but now I don't remember what it was. Maybe laterz. :wacky:

Spoiler tagged for length
NOOO I thought you liked LxLight! D :

Oh, I do. XDDDDDD But RyukxLight seem moar canon as they spent all that time together in Light's room. :monster:

He threatened to kill her, and he used her in order for Rem to kill L and Watari, so technically, she was just an object.

He did! And I know he used her as an object; but in the end he didn't kill her anyway, so I guess she was somewhat more important than a mere tool. We all know how Light is when something gets in his way, and Misa got in the way many timez, almost to the point of foiling his planz... he had all these chances to kill her off but he didn't, even after Rem was gone. TWUE WUV? :awesomonster:

Or maybe this could be attributed to Misa's super-extended life-span? :awesome:

LOL, this is true. Near and Mello are L wannabees, whilst Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo seem to be replicas of Sephy wannabees. Or just major fans. :awesomonster:

Okay then, Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz are major fans. :wacky: Near and Mello are L wannabes. They're actually fighting for the L title, right? XDDDD

I'll write your name first than. :awesomonster:

You can't kill me though. I am immortal :monster:

Lmao "I might just fall for you." I wish they'd fallen for each other. Maybe I'm just twisted but if L could have convinced Misa-Misa to expose Light then darn what a twist that would've been. It would've been a far better twist than having Misa due so much extensive undercover snooping after getting the Shinigami Eyes ability. I mean she had to go through all that crock just to get L's real name?! LMAO.

This just proves how awesomely secretive L is. Misa had to go through all that BECAUSE L is awesome. :awesome: I think Misa thought L was gross though. I mean, IRL anybody would've been turned off. Kenichi Matsuyama was just cute is all.

And that would make Misa-Misa too important. DO NOT WANT

Also for I Am Not Me, MisaxLight was so one-sided that it was sad. Romantic feelings were never something that motivated Light. Misa was merely a pawn to be used and discarded when she became useless--(which at some point she would, I mean what about when Light would eventually get caught . . .?). Reading people's names and seeing their lifespan was her specialty and combine that with Light's slightly frightening ability to charm his way to his victims and/or just cuningly kill them--and you've got a recipe for a Pinky and the Brain like duo.

I already said my piece about this, but I would like to add: POOR MISA-MISA :(

In AU, do you think she and Light could get together? DN-memoryless!Light seemed to geniunely care about her. As a friend, at least. Whatchu think? :)

As much as I knew that Ryuk was fascinated at humans' behaviors. I had to wonder if he'd ever hesitate and slowly become mortified at Light's transition from 'justice-seeker' to all out 'god/jesus-wannabe'. Thoughts plz. :monster:

I believe that Ryuk was a psychologist before he was a shinigami. :monster: If shinigami were human before, anyway. XDDDD

I just think Ryuk would stay fascinated until the end. Part me felt that Ryuk wanted to see things through with Light, and wait until his downfall to "save" him from it. I think they were friends, at least. Ryuk was certainly Light's closest "friend" :awesome: and the shinigami seemed to respect him at most. I mean, Light did entertain him and all that. XDDDDD

I wonder if Ryuk missed the apples after Light died? He did say shinigami apples aren't like the human world's apples... /random

I heard about it. He only wrote his friends' names in there, and I guess they knew and didn't care because they were all little anime nerds. But a really huge fuss was made. Cops got involved because they thought this was a list of people he was going to kill since none of them really even knew what Death Note was. :hohum:

I heard about that. It's the cops' fault for not knowing about Death Note! :catfight:

I heard the DN was banned in China? O_O

Lelouch

--Tamashi no Rufuran
AKA
Emiya Shirou, Oz Vessalius, LPod, Belldandy, L-Phone
DN's subject is the reason why it's banned. Seriously, i'm waiting for a filipino sub of Death Note. but its subjects - politics and gods and death gods - is not allowed by the Church. And anime viewers here are most likely, kids. DN can easily penetrate children's mind. And I can imagine it. lol. Children cosplaying Light, buying death notes or improvising notebooks, then writing criminal names, copying L's mannerism and such. Kids will be turned into DN freaks, which will be quite annoying, despite that it's the Death Note way..

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
I can see what you mean. Remember Naruto? ZOMG All these Narutards everywhere. D: Not that I extremely hate the series; I liked it when it was new. Now it's just ridiculous with the Shippuden and poo. DDDX Of course, no offense if you like Naruto or anything.

Filipino children are easily brainwashed. Slam Dunk is still in the minds of the youth. 8D I imagine if Death Note was aired in the Philippines, kids won't be able to get it. I didn't get it sometimes. XDDD So...it'll never come here.

About the death gods thing... they can just call them 'shinigami' like in the Bleach dub. None would be the wiser. And the church watches animes? LOL Politics will be an eye-opener though--I'd vote for that. XD

And I think it's time to motivate kids to be intelligent. Like Light and L. :monster:

Last edited:

Lelouch

--Tamashi no Rufuran
AKA
I begun to hate naruto when Filipino children begun the shits up. walking in malls with naruto costumes. WTF, really. It's alright, if there is a cosplay event, but fuck. They do it a lot! even in schools!

Also, not understanding the main subject is the simplest reason yet the best one. It's the kids what's important. Adults have probably watched the series, so it's alright. But the children, are the problem. I think, they've watched The Last Name, but..i thought the anime is WAY too serious than the movie. I mean, it's more influencial than the movie.

And i agree with the slam dunk.

About the death gods thing... they can just call them 'shinigami' like in the Bleach dub. No would be the wiser. And the church watches animes? LOL Politics will be an eye-opener though--I'd vote for that. XD

well, they yeah, they can call them as Shinigami. IDK about the church. But the church and government are working always both in contradictory or in unity. :monster:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
Queen of Sunshine / QoS / Suiseiseki / Desudesudesu / Teva / Teva'ni
Secretive L is secretive. :monster: All in all though L is a mastermind to be reckoned with and yet Misa's ability was something that he neither knew about nor did he really look into. Misa's naivete helped her in the long run because it lessened his suspicions of her--plus she wasn't actively killing people and making weird faces (READ: Light).

In AU lots of things are possible, so yes memory-less!Light and Misa could get together. Memory-less!Light only treated her as a friend or a passing acquaintance in the anime/manga anyway since he didn't really recall meeting her beforehand. Her whole involvement with him revolved around the Death Note and since his memories of the Death note were wiped clean, so were his recollections of her.

Still it's possible that something could occur between them in the fandom. People write about that after all.

Lol Ryuk's a psychiatrist! I adored his love for human-world apples. True though Ryuk did say that his prime reasons for remaining in the human realm was because he was fascinated by it.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
L is probably one of the best manga characters out there. At least, from what I've read/seen.

Just curious, are you guys typically more fans of the manga or the anime? 'Cuz I read and adored all the manga volumes, but I have no idea what the anime is like, in terms of how it follows the story. I met the english VA for Light though, on the street. He was nice! :monster:

Uhm also, I like Misa tyvm (even though I admit she's super annoying) and Light/Misa because I am fond of the abuse :monster:

also, I heard something about some sort of DN sequel where some kid kills old people. Dunno if it's true or not... o_O

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
looneymoon said:
also, I heard something about some sort of DN sequel where some kid kills old people. Dunno if it's true or not... o_O

Well I've done a bit of browsing and thus far I've only com upon speculative theories: "There could be a sequel." or "I doubt there will be one because the mangakas are so busy." So I guess we'll just have to see when they make an official announcement through Viz Media.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
There was a One Shot Death Note chapter that was done about a year ago in honor of the new Death Note movie "Change the WorLd" that took place after the series ended, with Near being the new L. And there was a new Kira who was killing old people.

It's a one shot though and is entirely self contained in that one chapter. There are no plans for a sequel. It was just that one shot, sadly.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Well I've done a bit of browsing and thus far I've only com upon speculative theories: "There could be a sequel." or "I doubt there will be one because the mangakas are so busy." So I guess we'll just have to see when they make an official announcement through Viz Media.

Found what I was looking for!

http://www.onemanga.com/Death_Note/109/

apparently, it's a single chapter at the end of DN that has nothing to do with the previous story. Haven't read it yet but from the looks of it, it isn't very good. Even the artwork looks like it declined in quality :S

EDIT: Nvm, I see Near is involved somehow

Last edited:

Teva

hai a/s/l plz?
AKA
So I read it already.

It was rather disappointing as the "Kira" suspect committed suicide so apparently he wasn't strong enough to even consider the maddening thought of creating a utopia like Light.

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
Oh, I do. XDDDDDD But RyukxLight seem moar canon as they spent all that time together in Light's room. :monster:
You sicken me. :monster:

I already said my piece about this, but I would like to add: POOR MISA-MISA :(
I don't feel bad for her at all. I think she was stupid for even falling in love with him so fast in the first place. One of the things I didn't like about DN, that part was just rushed and fake in my opinion.

I can see what you mean. Remember Naruto? ZOMG All these Narutards everywhere. D: Not that I extremely hate the series; I liked it when it was new. Now it's just ridiculous with the Shippuden and poo. DDDX Of course, no offense if you like Naruto or anything.
Oh god.
:facepalm:

I have a friend who's absolutely insanely fan obsessed with Naruto. He'll go so far as in running like them, which is the biggest LOL you will ever have in your life, he knows all their moves, dresses up as a Naruto fan boy every day, and... lol.

L is probably one of the best manga characters out there. At least, from what I've read/seen.

Just curious, are you guys typically more fans of the manga or the anime? 'Cuz I read and adored all the manga volumes, but I have no idea what the anime is like, in terms of how it follows the story. I met the english VA for Light though, on the street. He was nice!
L ~~~ *swoons*

:awesome:

It was rather disappointing as the "Kira" suspect committed suicide so apparently he wasn't strong enough to even consider the maddening thought of creating a utopia like Light.
I like how they left out Near rejecting the case, because in the end L would have done so too - of course, this just proves that he's more of a L wannabee as any other fan boy, but it was the right choice anyways. :monster:

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
why are there spoilers for a series that is already fully written posted made into an anime and then parodied into RL movies?

Megatron

tits or gtfo
AKA
Moo, Meuterei, Destroyer of Worlds
Totally ignored this thread because I just started watching it - but I just finished episode 2 and I have to ask:

Is the show ALWAYS as awesome as what I just saw, or am I going to be disappointed from here on out?

By what I just saw I mean,
Light: DIE, MOTHERFUCKER! L: Dude you just got pwned

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Totally ignored this thread because I just started watching it - but I just finished episode 2 and I have to ask:

Is the show ALWAYS as awesome as what I just saw, or am I going to be disappointed from here on out?

By what I just saw I mean,
Light: DIE, MOTHERFUCKER! L: Dude you just got pwned

At one point it gets to where Light has the advantage and totally owns the opposition.

The he gets new opponents, and winds up getting totally owned.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Also, not understanding the main subject is the simplest reason yet the best one. It's the kids what's important. Adults have probably watched the series, so it's alright. But the children, are the problem. I think, they've watched The Last Name, but..i thought the anime is WAY too serious than the movie. I mean, it's more influencial than the movie.

And i agree with the slam dunk.

I think they show Slam Dunk every other basketball season? :awesome:

Well, I don't know if whoever's censoring the anime in the Philippines are going to let the death-filled anime slip past--so yeah. And I think the movies are less influencial because a lot of things have been cut for time. By a lot of things, I mean the elements that made the whole series so influential in the beginning. Like all the jazz about politics, and bad people, and what-not.

Also, I hate Light in the movie. He's just the survivor of Battle Royale for me who's gone crazy. DDDDX

well, they yeah, they can call them as Shinigami. IDK about the church. But the church and government are working always both in contradictory or in unity. :monster:
Makes me wonder if they'll ever get along. :awesomonster:

You sicken me. :monster:

I don't know what you're talking about. :monster:

I don't feel bad for her at all. I think she was stupid for even falling in love with him so fast in the first place. One of the things I didn't like about DN, that part was just rushed and fake in my opinion.
I feel bad for her because she was stupid enough to fall in love with Kira so fast. What I noticed about DN, however, was that many of the women there are very shallow. :awesome:

matsudasrantgenderroles.jpg

I have a friend who's absolutely insanely fan obsessed with Naruto. He'll go so far as in running like them, which is the biggest LOL you will ever have in your life, he knows all their moves, dresses up as a Naruto fan boy every day, and... lol.

Obsessed Naruto fans are pretty scary. I mean, I admit I get obsessed with a lot of things, but you don't see me shouting "FIRAGA!" while swinging a cosplay Buster Sword. :awesome: Sometimes I really want to see what will happen to the Narutards when Naruto finishes.

Megatron

tits or gtfo
AKA
This could really just end at episode 26, and it would be full of win.

Hopefully the last 11 don't suck.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Just curious, are you guys typically more fans of the manga or the anime? 'Cuz I read and adored all the manga volumes, but I have no idea what the anime is like, in terms of how it follows the story. I met the english VA for Light though, on the street. He was nice!

Uhm also, I like Misa tyvm (even though I admit she's super annoying) and Light/Misa because I am fond of the abuse

I'm definitely more of a fan of the Manga. I read it before I watched it, and it just had me hooked. I loved how very in depth it was (Anime's always tend to take away bits from the Manga, especially parts that are liked), and it was very, very addicting. For some reason, the Anime just wasn't as good for me. It was less detailed, and less exciting. It was also a little hard for me to get into at first, until I finally forced myself to watch it. xD I actually read the Manga before it came out here in the US, but I didn't watch the Anime series until Death Note was the new 'big thing'. Wow, you met him?! I would have asked him to tell me a Light quote. That's what I did for Satoshi's (DNAngel) english VA. It was awesome. xD

I love Misa very much, though she was ditzy she really had her moments. I never thought she was annoying, just cute and spunky. (Though, I did find her annoying when I first started the series) I really felt so bad for her, considering her past. I thought it was so cute when she took Light and L's hands, and danced in a circle with them. xD L's
"Yay, fun."
Line was so epic too, because it was so monotone. Speaking of favorite quotes:

Misa: I can't imagine a world without Light!
L: Yes, that would be dark.

Edit: Favorite Light quote= "I have in my hands the means, and in my heart, the will. "

Ahahaha. Okay, I'm done now.

Last edited:

Lelouch

--Tamashi no Rufuran
AKA
This could really just end at episode 26, and it would be full of win.

Hopefully the last 11 don't suck.

lol, co'z on episode 27, killing of L starts.

I think they show Slam Dunk every other basketball season?

Well, I don't know if whoever's censoring the anime in the Philippines are going to let the death-filled anime slip past--so yeah. And I think the movies are less influencial because a lot of things have been cut for time. By a lot of things, I mean the elements that made the whole series so influential in the beginning. Like all the jazz about politics, and bad people, and what-not.

Also, I hate Light in the movie. He's just the survivor of Battle Royale for me who's gone crazy. DDDDX

well, there are two channels here. Who seem to show animes, alsmot all. But, meh, MTRCB's blocking them. so that's why. The movie also changed some scenes and roles of some characters. And other scenes are cut, yeah.

I never really liked Light's acting thar :monster:

Megatron

tits or gtfo
AKA
lol, co'z on episode 27, killing of L starts.
Well,
Obviously L died in 26 and it basically goes like, "LOL Light wins" - Light becomes L version 2, kills people rampantly for several years, and is basically unstoppable
- Even now that I've finished the series, I still think it would have basically been just as good if it had ended there. I've always been a fan of "Haha, bad guy wins, you're all fucked" endings, especially if they're done well. 26 even had a "This is the end" feel to it.

That said, the last 11 episodes were better than I was expecting (the first few were a bit slow, but around 29ish it got back on track rather well) so I'm not complaining either way.

Top Bottom