Death Note: SPOILER ALERT

yuzuk1

Vessalius
my favourite character would be Light
... I don't really know why, but he is my favourite character
I watch the 3 movies, read the manga, but only watch the anime until 12, agree that Miyano mamoru FTW

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Death Note

So Al and Tim strongarmed me into watching the live action movie at AN and I must say I rather enjoyed this movie. I loved Light's and L's characters and the way the story twisted again and again. The morality seesaw was also enjoyable. I'm told the anime is better than the movie so I plan to watch some of them when I get some consistent freetime but wanted to know what you all thought of it?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I started reading the manga and then got distracted with schoolwork and never got back to it. I have the animé completely downloaded so I'll start watching it when I can be arsed to watch stuff on my computer again. But yeah, cool concept and execution from what I read.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
You know i was actually staring at the death note 1 and 2 dvd's at wal mart today and kinda wanted to get them.
Passed it up though XD

Worth a purchase or should i just rent?

A

Great Old One
The movies are definitely worth giving a try, but unless you plan on seeing it again, I'd say rent them. There are differences between the manga and the movies, but I actually preferred the movie a whole lot more considering that:

SPOILER WARNING ->
L doesn't die in a shitty way.

Although, what I didn't like the movie was:

SPOILER WARNING - >
People give sympathy to Light's death, when his death in the manga is basically given none.

And plus, Light wasn't tough enough.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Isn't there already a deathnote thread?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
someone dig it up and I'll merge :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
My point is there's room for a spoiler-thread discussing an animé and a non-spoiler thread discussing the same animé, and merging the non-spoiler thread into the spoiler thread could potentially kill potential discussion :monster:

A

Great Old One
It's not like all posts in spoiler threads like Lost are exactly spoilers, just having a general discussion about Death Note, spoiler or not, should be merged into one topic in my opinion.

Plus, I already posted a spoiler.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
They're tagged until some point on the second page at which Dacon changed the title and everyone stopped tagging eveything :monster:

A

Great Old One
I don't necessarily think they count as spoilers. Just fangirls being fangirls.

But cba to check.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
There are some pretty goddamn major unmarked spoilers on either the third or the fourth page.

A

Great Old One
I still see spoiler tags in the third and fourth pages - the posts that don't have spoiler tags are just expressing their opinions on the characters, which I don't think is worth to be considered as a spoiler. Unless there is something else.

A

Great Old One
Just a few posts are like that, I think. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to put spoiler tags on them.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I dunno lol.

Anyway yeah if people want to put spoiler tags on the major spoilers then that's fine, otherwise I think merging a spoiler topic with a non-spoiler topic is fairly silly.

Top Bottom