Death Note: SPOILER ALERT

A

Great Old One
Wut.

Anyway yeah if people want to put spoiler tags on the major spoilers then that's fine, otherwise I think merging a spoiler topic with a non-spoiler topic is fairly silly.
Why is it silly? The Lost thread has spoiler posts and non-spoiler posts.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Whether posts in that thread are tagged depends on when the spoilers happened. Iirc, everything from season 5 is tagged, everything from the first four seasons isn't. But I could be mistaken about that. It might just be that stuff from moar recent episodes is tagged while stuff from earlier in the season isn't with the assumption that people will have kept up.

A

Great Old One
Posting in this thread would also be an assumption that people have at least some knowledge of the manga/Death Note itself then.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah true enough, but
L dying
is a pretty big spoiler, though by this point it's almost as well known as
Spike dying
. But still. :monster:

A

Great Old One
Okay, but that's one post. Wouldn't putting a spoiler tag for that post be simple?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Okay, but that's one post. Wouldn't putting a spoiler tag for that post be simple?

cba, since I generally get yelled at whenever I do anything mod-related.

I don't see the point in making two separate Death Note threads either.
One would be for n00bs who haven't watched the whole series yet, the second would be for people who have seen the whole thing and want to discuss it without bothering with spoiler tags.

A

Great Old One

One would be for n00bs who haven't watched the whole series yet, the second would be for people who have seen the whole thing and want to discuss it without bothering with spoiler tags.
Would that mean someone who hasn't watched Lost yet but wants to discuss would have make another thread for it? Unless, that's already happening in that one Lost thread.

crack

Donator
Wow, one and a half pages of you guys arguing. The Death Note thread has never gotten so many posts within an hour.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Would that mean someone who hasn't watched Lost yet but wants to discuss would have make another thread for it? Unless, that's already happening in that one Lost thread.
Pretty much that's what I'd expect to have happen, yeah; the existing Lost thread is specifically about season five. With Lost it would make even more sense to have multiple threads actually since each season pretty much has its own plot twists that completely redefine the scope of the story.

Wow, one and a half pages of you guys arguing. The Death Note thread has never gotten so many posts within an hour.

Actually it probably did when it was first created too :wackymonster:

Also I don't think this is serios enough to count as an "argument" :wackymonster:

A

Great Old One
No u.

We're not arguing.

Pretty much yeah, the existing Lost thread is geared at people who have been watching it for awhile. With Lost it would make even more sense to have multiple threads actually since each season pretty much has its own plot twists that completely redefine the scope of the story.
If that is true, why are there spoiler tags in that thread in the first place?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
If that is true, why are there spoiler tags in that thread in the first place?
Stuff in seasons 1-4 is usually unmarked, season 5 stuff is usually marked since episodes don't even air at the same time everywhere and people don't always get to keep up with the latest episodes as often as they'd like. Though we may have gotten lax about spoilers from earlier episodes in season 5 after a certain amount of time had passed since the airing date. Also, speculation about upcoming episodes is usually tagged since some people want to go into new episodes completely unspoiled about what's going to happen next.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Man, I thought this had actual Death Note discussion. :rage: Major spoilers should be in tags, minor ones shouldn't. Simple as that, imo. (wait, is that what you're even talking about? XD)

I need to work on doing it. V_V

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
At this point it would be easier to spoiler tag everything in previous posts that needs tagging, and after I got yelled at for countermanding one staff member's decision the other day I'm not about to do it again :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I was just pointing out that there can be valid reasons to have two topics on the same series, and that I got the impression the second topic was intended to be less of a spoiler topic than the first one was :monster:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Yeah, I haven't seen all of the series yet and really would like not to have to ignore any and all discussion on it until I have. As was noted, not everything's been spoiler-tagged and even the stuff that's been just makes a page or two of SPOILER which is a waste of my time. I didn't create my thread intiially for that, mind you, but Aaron's got a good point--how do you keep the newbies spoiler-free and still have the vets enjoy a full discussion on it? Spoiler-tagging it all is an option but it's just so much easier on EVERYONE to have two seperate threads.

That said, I'm not throwing a fit over it. Whatever works.

Munatik

Beacause I am a puppet
I've read the DN manga--cover to cover within a couple of days. :wacky: I was expecting it to be overhyped, tbh, and to put it down within a couple of chapters. Then I tore myself away enough to notice that the "couple of chapters" I expected was much less than the 40-something chapters deep I was in already. :monster:

I rarely watch the anime versions of manga, even of the ones I like. That includes Death Note. I wouldn't say it's because of an aversion to them, it's just usually the case where the anime isn't complete like the manga is. When I already know the full story, I usually don't find the motivation to go back and watch an abridged version.

IMO, we should make a habit of putting spoiler tags around any discussion of plot and characters related to any popular show/book series/etc. I don't think it's very hard nor is it terribly inconvenient. Accidents happen, but with practice it may become less of an issue.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
The new main guy has the same hairstyle as my sibling, it's disconcerting to look at him. :closedmonster:

Also, any bets on when Death Note will be banned in China for portraying the President in a less than positive light? :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom