Death Stranding -A Hideo Kojima Game-

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
After watching the trailer numerous times now I'm wondering whether that scene with fragile and the kid is set before the events of DS1 mainly down to the fact that you see her body which is riddled by timefall during DS1.

Could fragile have been mama fragile ?

I know it shows the pod/aquarium and the voiceover mentions BB but the question then goes to how fragile suddenly healed up given she was popping cryptos like smarties.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
“I also realized that digital connections alone couldn’t satisfy human needs. We are inherently explorers. Right now, we’re dealing with seclusion and division, and the world is undergoing significant transformations. We can’t rewind to our pre-pandemic reality, so we’ve had to reassess the concept of ‘connection’.”

I think that this aspect definitely makes a HUGE impact on perspective differences in pre- and post-pandemic mindsets about our interconnected relationships to one another, and the extent to which we have a need for more than just a digital interconnection to one another. It'll be interesting to see how the sequel goes about exploring that, and while I'm curious what the original script for the game would have been, I doubt that that's something we'll ever get to find out.

X :neo:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
You know what, since I played this game during the pandemic something about it clicked that it could be easily represented in film form. Hopefully we get a real life cast of the game.

Ghost X

we-are-not-worthy-praise.gif

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I didn't realize just how much I had missed the weird, cinematic spectacle of Death Stranding trailers until seeing this. Really interested to see where they take this one, and was quite surprised to see George Miller (the director of Mad Max) showing up as the surgeon / captain dude – even though upon reflection it's exactly in line with how Guillermo Del Toro appeared in the first game.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah the first game had loads of cameos, even
Conan o'Brien
Junji Ito
and
Edgar Wright
, lol

Top Bottom