Destrillians: R2 - Discussion

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
:awesomonster:

I think it's high time it was more than a 'section', tbh.

If you mean the website, I had a thought. I was thinking about buying hosting on Blue Host for another site, and since there's no space limit, would you want me to get a url for the Dessies site as well?

Granted, this would be after I check out how they have permissions set up, since anything else I have on there would be completely private/separate.

Blah, it's probably a bad idea, but if it could be made to work it would save money and I know you have been itching to get this done.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Can't leave one without leaving the other :P

Also, if you'd prefer, we can split the hosting costs and do two sites. That way everybody gets what they want/need at half the price.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Can't leave one without leaving the other :P

Also, if you'd prefer, we can split the hosting costs and do two sites. That way everybody gets what they want/need at half the price.

how does that even begin to work ;.;

how does it keep costs down? why do we need two sites? i just dont understand :(

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Tennyo is wanting to create a site of her own, no? :S That plus the Dessies site equals two :P And if she and I split the fees, then it saves money for both of us XD

ed: I thiiiiink we've got it taken care of, though, so it's a bit of a nonissue now anyway XD

Last edited:

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
^ If you're not at work man/busy could you get on msn so I can go through a few things about it? Not sure if you were there for the last bit of the convo earlier.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
oh i didnt see the 'another site' part

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
No I mean if you guys needed a place to host the Dessies site I could give you some space.

I'll be building another site for a completely different purpose and I figured if it was possible to set permissions to give you guys access to the Dessies site it help you out to at least have a place to host it.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Thank you for the thought, though - it is very much appreciated :)

Btw guys, we need to be thinking about a domain name that we want to use for the site/forum. If memory serves, I think we were talking about basementfive.whatever? I think someone mentioned a Viola themed name as well. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
^ lol no

we should name it something based on viola or the spencer family's logo or somewhat.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
basement5.viola.net

basement5.viola.org

basement5.viola

basement5viola.net

basement5.net

basement5.org

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
^ lol this was on a new page so at first i thought mumble's account had been hacked into spambot mode or something :wacky:

But that says good things about the website name! :monster: "basement5" seems a little too... secretive though. Unless it could be like, the WE-HACKED-SARIF-INDUSTRIES-LOOK-AT-THE-FLASH-SCROLLOVERS sort of thing

that would be intensely cool :3

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Well, we got a lot or stuff dome last night (yay), but the domain name discussion fell by the wayside pretty quickly. :P

I'd like to add "dproject.whatever" to our list of candidates.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
post alert: prepare for some totally rad shit up by me tonight

Top Bottom