• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destrillians: R2 - Discussion

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Aye thats why I brought it up when I did. Whatever we do, we should do it now.

I for one am in favour of changing it completely. Its going to be a lot of hard work, but no harder work than setting up a whole new website and forums. Like I said, I just want a clean break.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I couldn't care less but it does need to be done now. If we can't find consensus then we take it to a vote, ty urgency.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It's not Channy coming after us that I'd worry about, it's whomever she first stole the idea from that I'd worry about. Because honestly I don't think even SHE had any right to the name to begin with.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Personally, I think we should change the name for the sake of simplicity (yes, I'm aware of the irony). With that in mind, though, I would like to submit that while I agree that 'whateverwecallthemintheend.whatever' is a fine name for the website, the idea that the forum would also be named so does not sit well with me, simply because, while I love Destrillians like my own child, I would also like for said forum to be a place welcome to other forms of media and entertainment.

I've been going over ideas for layouts and sections and stuff in my mind for months, and I think that, for the purposes of the forum, a media/creativity angle is going to be our best bet, as it will draw in more members (and, accordingly, more readers).

Hope that makes sense :S

ed: also tennyo makes an extremely excellent point; also remember, guys, that she still has Destrillians going wherever she is now - or, at least, she did the last time we discussed this

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I recall seeing an archive of the prototype RP in google with Channy and some dude at the helm. That didn't last 3 pages before he canceled the series due to being 'lied to' apparently.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
'Destrillians' should now be renamed 'Kokolekas'

It is both unique and amazingly awesome. It stands for everything we love from the series so far.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I have undergone a dive to the bowels of the internet in hopes of finding that prototype RP from 2004-2005 but my attempts have not been successful. All I recall is that it was an archived vbulletin thread.

on the topic of renaming: I will leave it entirely up to y'all as I feel I might not be of a useful contribution to this department. You still have my attention and enthusiasm in exchange : B

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Fear not, Mumble! I have the link if anyone wants it. :monster:

I'll PM it to you. Not sure if that's something we should be putting in this thread.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Okay then, well I propose we call a meeting for what constitutes to North American's as this Saturday to address the subject of what to do concerning the word 'Destrillian/s'.

Both Sienna and myself are confirmed for attendance so please specify if you can be available this day and what time frames you can do, then we'll hammer out a more specific time for the meeting, Cheers.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I should be around.
Personally, I think we should change the name for the sake of simplicity (yes, I'm aware of the irony). With that in mind, though, I would like to submit that while I agree that 'whateverwecallthemintheend.whatever' is a fine name for the website, the idea that the forum would also be named so does not sit well with me, simply because, while I love Destrillians like my own child, I would also like for said forum to be a place welcome to other forms of media and entertainment.

I also agree with this rather a lot.

But glad to see that we have a vague consensus that we do need to do something about the name.

(like remove it)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I do not work at all. Preferably this will be at night, though, right?

I'll be free Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings. Friday or Saturday would be best, though, since I have to work early on Monday.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
I'll be home after 8 pm EST on Saturday, so the same time as Keeno. Even if I'm not home yet when you start, I should still technically be online, so add me to the conversation anyway. Thanks.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'll be around at 10pm GMT on Saturday night :monster:

Though really if it all goes off-topic for a while before we've actually done anything then I'm out. Will be short on time as it is that night.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Regretfully cannot make it due to morning shift on Sunday. I will remain online, just add me so I may see the conversation. ty

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
On that note, I shall finish the retconning of Kram's OVA to make a much better characterization. I'm gonna need most of you all briefly for the final part (Sienna remember idris photoshoot? lol)

I would also like for said forum to be a place welcome to other forms of media and entertainment.

remember this forum

it's called tls

:monster:

don't forget too, when you say: whateverwecallthemintheend.whatever

whatever is the domain

whateverwecallthemintheend is the subdomain, which we can have infinite of (well it uses the infinity symbol i'm sure the company will limit me somewhere past the 999 mark)

Just something to think about when picking it. The second part is the part that can't be changed, but you can do whatever you want with the first part.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
basement5.viola
destrillians.viola
ralphfuckingfaiz.viola
whatever.viola

You're buying the .viola in this case but you can have all of the above plus an infinite amount more if you so wished it.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That actually gave me a thought.

Are we going to have to rename Viola as well?

Just how many things in this RP are going to need to be renamed?

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I dunno. I really hope we don't have to rename everything...but with that in mind, I do know that we WILL have to rename a lot of stuff so that SE doesn't sue the pants off of us. One of the first things I noticed when I got tricked into reading a few posts before joining (:P) was that a lot of names of things and people are from one of their games, which might be trouble down the line.

Strangely enough, though, the one thing I would like to avoid changing the name of, IF POSSIBLE, is...Viola. And I don't really know why.

Weird. :x

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Good question, I'll put it on the meeting agenda to review other terms and names like viola.

Also anyone who cannot attend I suggest doing what mumble is and just leaving your MSN online and we will add you to the convo. Whatever gets decided or proposed at the meeting will be posted here afterwards so those not present can have their say too.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I also just discovered that Word documents can be edited on the Windows Live site, WHILE we are chatting on MSN. As in an MSN chat is open in the browser.

I don't know if this will work with group chats but possibly good for group posts?

Maybe we can use it to take notes during the chat on Saturday night?

Top Bottom