Detective Pikachu-The Live-Action Movie

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I love Pokemon and Pikachu is one of my top favorite Pokemon of all time, but honestly, I don't see myself going to see this movie. The graphics of Pokemon in CG made all Pokemon look extremely creepy...and since when did Charizard went eating other Pokemon?

Everything in the trailer, I'm sorry, is not good in my opinion. I don't think this film will go very well.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I would have liked this if it were more like Pokemon Space Jam tbh. The 3D textures aren't cute.

I am still going to see this.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
My son watched the trailer and wants to know when I can book tickets to see it. :awesome: Sometimes it's easy to forget that to a kid, this is incredible because it makes those amazing cartoons just that little bit more tangible. For that reason, I'm gonna ignore any disgruntled commentary and try and enjoy it as my boy will.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
So, have we seen ANY other indications that this IS the pokemon world? Nurse joys? Officer Jennies? Gyms? Team Rocket? Or is it really just "Our World But With Pokemon"?

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Either we have to wait and find out or maybe there aren't any in this movie. However, I discovered that they're already making plans on making sequels to this film, plus a Live-Action version of the Red and Blue games, plus a Mewtwo spin-off which again will be Live Action(not counting the anime one coming out this year as well), and I think they also want to have a Live Action Pokemon film with a Live-Action Ash...which I think is a terrible idea.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
So, have we seen ANY other indications that this IS the pokemon world? Nurse joys? Officer Jennies? Gyms? Team Rocket? Or is it really just "Our World But With Pokemon"?

How many of those are shown prominently in the Detective Pikachu game (which I assume also takes place in the Pokémon world)? I haven't played it, but most people I've heard from who have are pointing out lots of direct parallels in the trailer to all the little details in that game, since that's what it's based on.

X :neo:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm seeing this tomorrow

really, REALLY hoping that Pikachu uses a gun at some point
kWv1zCt.jpg

Top Bottom