• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Devotion 2.0 - CloudxAerith

Trams

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Shiara
tumblr_o0rdkcRoSb1r48t80o1_540.jpg

bigger separated pictures
tumblr_o0rdkcRoSb1r48t80o3_540.jpg

tumblr_o0rdkcRoSb1r48t80o2_540.jpg
tumblr_pei7vnMR8S1uv3gwvo1_540.png

tumblr_ozjjbtFAXO1uv3gwvo1_540.png

tumblr_oqo4y9ptdZ1r6y9tlo1_500.jpg

tumblr_oqo4y9ptdZ1r6y9tlo2_500.jpg

tumblr_oqo4y9ptdZ1r6y9tlo3_500.jpg

tumblr_oqo4y9ptdZ1r6y9tlo4_500.jpg

tumblr_oxinay1KxP1uv3gwvo1_540.png

http://merwild.tumblr.com/post /177711222587/that-now-kiss-line-that-crosses-your-mind
http://merwild.tumblr.com/post /167574374227/more-practice-while-giving-a-bit-of-happiness-to
http://hollyfig.tumblr.com/post /161165600959/maidens-kiss
http://radsity.tumblr.com/ post/137055300711

I just fucked my blanket and came all over my pillows to these! Gorgeous.

Reactions: Ite

nolongertsuki

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Owner of Auron
Something else I have heard CloTis saying is that I "stole" my character, Amalthea. That's right, they are so base that they are attacking my original characters now. *Rolls eyes* Okay, first of all, let me explain something to you dumb bitches- it is called "inspiration". I was inspired by two characters when I created Amalthea. The first is Amalthea, the unicorn in the animated movie The Last Unicorn. The second is Acorna, a unicorn girl in a series of books by Anne McCaffrey. My character shares physical characteristics with both of these characters. She has white hair and violet eyes, like Amalthea. She has a unicorn horn, like Acorna. Unlike Acorna, who just has large pointed ears, Amalthea has white equine ears. Amalthea does not have cloven hooves for feet- Acorna does. Amalthea's horn is ivory white. The horn of Acorna is gold. Amalthea has a white lion's tail. Acorna doesn't have a tail at all.

Trams

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Shiara
Something else I have heard CloTis saying is that I "stole" my character, Amalthea. That's right, they are so base that they are attacking my original characters now. *Rolls eyes* Okay, first of all, let me explain something to you dumb bitches- it is called "inspiration". I was inspired by two characters when I created Amalthea. The first is Amalthea, the unicorn in the animated movie The Last Unicorn. The second is Acorna, a unicorn girl in a series of books by Anne McCaffrey. My character shares physical characteristics with both of these characters. She has white hair and violet eyes, like Amalthea. She has a unicorn horn, like Acorna. Unlike Acorna, who just has large pointed ears, Amalthea has white equine ears. Amalthea does not have cloven hooves for feet- Acorna does. Amalthea's horn is ivory white. The horn of Acorna is gold. Amalthea has a white lion's tail. Acorna doesn't have a tail at all.

omg I totally relate!

NazMan

Rookie Adventurer
Cloud's jaw dropping! Square Enix is really in your face about who the canon couple is.

I'd like to join this club. It actually seems kind of dead. Maybe I could take over and rename it?

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
To be fair, the Clessie thread is just filled with a bunch of obsessive weirdos myself chief among them. I am surprised that the Cloti and Clerith threads haven't really gotten any traction though. Tifa and Aerith had plenty of good moments too.

Last edited:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
aerith catcalling cloud while he's dancing on stage and drooling over him in his dress solidified this couple as iconic and untouchable. my god. everyone else wishes they had the range

Maidenofwar

They/Them
Thanks again for the video! ?

I have decided Moggie is a Clerith, I can't wait till I get to them on my new run and see the scenes where they talk about Cloud and Aerith bringing smiles and happiness eeverywhere.

NPC Cleriths imo-

Moggie
Scotch and Scotch
BandiTs
Betty

Maidenofwar

They/Them

Couple, power couple, badass couple, sweet hearts, partner, dynamic duo, bonds of love, ladyfriend, lovebirds, girlfriend, favourite couple, putting their love to the test, capable couple, lucky couple, talk about a girlfriend you can rely on, be still my beating heart! How lonely they must feel to fight on alone, how long can they kept it up.

Last edited:

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer
tumblr_3f8abb08f234e2264c65d37aee08a5bc_58305811_500.jpg
tumblr_ab715bfa89a9d8ca2b3245ff847c3c49_9e9770db_500.jpg

Due to the scene being in reference to "If you know what happens to Aerith later in the story, it's a line that strikes emotionally," we know this scene is referring to Aerith's death.

In the Remake, Aerith knows she dies.

Aerith also knows REAL Cloud falls in love with her in the OG.

Aerith tells Cloud not to fall in love with her this time because she knows she dies.

In the Remake, Aerith is trying to protect Cloud from falling in love with her due to her death.

Clerith is confirmed as the canon OG pairing.

-------

The MOST OBVIOUS transformation of Cloud’s “frosty exterior” in the Remake is when he starts doing high-five’s with Aerith on the reg.

At first Cloud rejects them. Then, he is about to give one but stops short. Then, you have to hold the triangle button down so he gives Aerith a high-five. Then, he gives Aerith an automatic high-five at the battle arena. The crowd chants: “Cloud and Aerith! – Cloud and Aerith! – Cloud and Aerith!”

The high-five’s is a clear-cut, distinct transformation of Cloud’s personality. Intentionally designed by SE to show Aerith slowly melting Cloud’s “frosty exterior.”

Given Cloud’s earlier reluctance, I got chills when Cloud & Aerith high-five’d in the battle arena.

Then, when Cloud has to remind everyone that rescuing Aerith from Shinra HQ is the #1 priority, it cemented to me that Cloud had significantly changed from the very beginning of the game.

Aerith is evoking the REAL Cloud to the surface.

Cloud’s love for Aerith is giving us glimpses of who he truly is.

Not only are the high-five’s and quest to save Aerith from Shinra HQ significant, clear-cut examples of Cloud’s transformation, but Cloud also has a REAL memory of his mother telling him to have an “older girlfriend” – someone who will call him a “silly goose” when he needs to hear it (Aerith calls Cloud “silly” in FF7R).

Aerith shows us the REAL Cloud's personality and triggers him into having a REAL memory of his Mom telling him to pick Aerith as his girlfriend (ie: "older" -- "silly goose").

Cloud and Aerith dominate once Cloud falls to her flower bed.

Just as in the OG, when both women are present, Cloud's preference is Aerith (something that continues even in death and makes Tifa jealous).

-------

Since the other thread is analyzing the LTD and its evolution, I'll give my two-cents from the Clerith perspective on the long history of the LTD (and why Cloti is the preference in the United States):

As a kid in 1997, it was obvious to me that Cloud loved Aerith more than Tifa.

Not until I went online all these years later did I discover (shockingly) that the American FFVII fanbase had been misled by some in the FFVII fandom.

So why did they decide to launch a campaign to delegitimize Clerith?

Well, when FFVII first came out in 1997, many western gamers didn’t understand Aerith. She was (literally) foreign to them. Japanese animation was still very niche back then.

Though the Japanese adored Aerith’s spunky personality & pink dress (and saw her as the obvious romantic interest for Cloud), many men in the United States thought her hair was “ugly” and that her personality was “annoying.” Far too “anime” for their tastes. They preferred Tifa — the loyal, more American looking childhood friend — the “girl-next-door.” Plus, her big boobs didn’t hurt, either.

Of course, since FFVII inherently revolves around a love triangle, there is obviously an option to play it the Tifa way.

However, as a kid in 1997, I never saw Tifa as a threat. I saw her as the secondary, optional way to play the game. The girl you would pick on your second playthrough.

When you consider:
  • The official Amano artwork
  • Beginning love point totals (you have to make counterintuitive choices to catch Tifa up to Aerith’s automatic 1st place position)
  • The non-optional bodyguard agreement
  • The “normally” occurring CxA Gold Saucer date
  • Numerous flirtatious moments & obvious hints
  • Tifa’s constant jealousy
  • The Promised Land scene non-optionally occurring *AFTER* the inherently variable Highwind scene
  • Frequent CxA cameos
  • Aerith being the first & last image we see in the entire game
…it is clear Tifa never held a candle to Aerith as the heroine, or as the primary love interest for Cloud.

To put it simply — Aerith was created first by SE. Tifa was created second. Aerith is the primary love interest. Tifa is the secondary love interest. Obvious common sense.

Unfortunately, fueled by their unyielding, irrational hatred of all things Aerith, they successfully sold the myth (for years) that Cloud x Tifa is the official canon couple of FFVII, thereby brainwashing the entire American fandom against Cloud x Aerith.

They reduced & twisted Cloud’s love for Aerith as “guilt.”

Saying that even though the Real Cloud chooses to live in Aerith’s Church, has his heart broken every time he visits her grave, reconnects with her in Flower Fields (and cameos), and seeks to find her in the Promised Land, is all due to guilt over the death of a mere friend. Saying that anything romantic shown in the OG is all a result of Zack (ie: attempted delegitimization).

I guess the symbolism of Cloud’s continued love for Aerith, and all the nuances that entails, is too cultured & sophisticated for them to comprehend. Or maybe they are purposely not comprehending the obvious?

Thankfully, the Japanese understand what all of this means. So why don’t western fans?

The only logical conclusion is because of their deep, burning, irrational hatred of Aerith as a character. Always minimizing & downplaying her role as the first & true heroine & love interest to Cloud.

But now, with the Remake perfecting Aerith’s look & personality, and making it crystal clear that these are Cloud’s REAL feelings, and that Aerith wants to move FORWARD from Zack, you are now seeing a significant swing within the fandom towards Cloud x Aerith.

The other side has spent years using Crisis Core & Advent Children to their advantage:

Essentially saying Crisis Core makes Zerith canon, and Advent Children makes Cloti canon. Simple & easy for the masses to understand, right?

So how, exactly, did they convince millions to believe their great myth?

1. Cloud & Aerith only liked each other because of Zack.

Response:

The relationship between Zack & Aerith in CC is officially described as a minor infatuation between two juveniles, much like Cloud’s childhood crush on Tifa.

In the OG, Aerith says her and Zack were NEVER serious, that their relationship is “in the past now,” and that he probably moved on to someone else because he’s a “real lady’s man.”

On the normally occurring CxA Gold Saucer date, Aerith confirms that although she initially liked Cloud because of Zack, she has grown to like Cloud for Cloud.

Within the lifestream, Aerith tells Zack that she prefers Cloud’s personality over his, and that she will only call Zack if she gets “really lonely.”

In the Remake, Aerith states she wants to move FORWARD with her life in regards to Zack.

Aerith triggers Cloud into a REAL memory of his mother suggesting he have an “older girlfriend.” This REAL memory proves the REAL Cloud was present during his interactions with Aerith. She is bringing the REAL Cloud back to the surface.

In official sources, Aerith is stated as saying she loves Cloud MORE than Zack.

Cloud is stated to be Aerith’s “koibito” (“lover” in Japanese).

Yes — Cloud adopted some memories & mannerisms from Zack, but he never transformed 100% into Zack.

It is a myth that Cloud & Aerith’s love is null-and-void because of Zack.

2. Tifa wins by default due to being alive.

Response:

Tifa winning by default due to being alive is why they hope to god Aerith doesn’t live in the Remake.

You may personally prefer Tifa, but in the OG, Cloud himself clearly prefers Aerith over Tifa, and the other side knows it (just look at the Shinra jail cell moment).

Tifa only has a chance once Aerith is out of the picture. If Aerith lives, it is all but over for Tifa.

Even in death, Cloud has an “undying” love for Aerith that will never go away. Tifa knows this to be true and is stated to be jealous of Cloud’s continued feelings for Aerith.

In the AC credits, Tactics cameo, and the Dissidia cameo, it is clear Cloud still wants to meet and be with Aerith in the Promised Land. Denying the common sense symbolism of this is a sign of someone who has a deep-rooted bias against Aerith.

Furthermore, Cloud and Tifa are in an established “family of friends,” share zero romantic moments, have tons of continued jealousy, fighting, and sleep in separate rooms. Plus, Barret returns to living with them in DoC.

Cloud & Tifa only have the possibility of being a thing if Aerith is out of the picture. The other side better pray to god Aerith doesn’t live in the Remake.

And even if Aerith dies, Cloud & Aerith will always remain a tragic star-crossed love story where Cloud forever wants to meet her in the Promised Land. Tifa’s continued jealousy confirms this to be true.

tumblr_a057eb23f919b1aec9c05690cd89b889_2a7bd50d_500.jpg

In the Remake, Cloud cries when he thinks of Aerith facing her inevitable demise. True love. Soulmates.

PS:

Nothing I said has been any harsher than what has been said in the other thread.

Last edited:

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer
tumblr_pdcb3z7YJW1rxsyjzo1_500.jpg
original.jpg

Cloud's preference is Aerith (ie: Shinra jail cell).

Only due to Aerith's death does Tifa stand a chance. And even in death, Cloud seeks Aerith and Tifa gets jealous.

Tifa knows exactly why SE made her start with 30 love points and Aerith start with 50 love points. Aerith is #1. Tifa is #2.

In "Titanic," Rose moves on from Jack but still returns to Jack in death. Cloud will one day return to Aerith in the Promised Land.

True love between soulmates is impossible to beat. Even Tifa knows this to be true, which is why she is forever jealous.

"Poor Tifa!" ~Cait Sith

"I won't tell Tifa!" ~Marlene

PS:

If Aerith lives in the Remake, it is all but over for Tifa.

Last edited:

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer
OMG such beautiful fanart!!

Cloud and Aerith's colors complement each other perfectly!! And their hairstyles, too!!

It is as if they were designed to be soulmates ^.^

57533037_2101073189948103_7286900166466994176_n.jpg

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Sorry to interrupt your regularly scheduled discussions with a little parade precipitation, but forum staff has been considering for a couple of weeks how and whether to address the matter of discussing The Other Ship in the fan club threads for Clerith and Cloti.

Historically -- and I'll be honest -- we've kind of ignored what has been said in these threads because keeping an eye on one place dedicated to Love Triangle Debate elements was enough. Of late, however, we've become increasingly aware of LTD-style posts being made in both threads, so a reassessment was needed.

The decision we have reached is to reiterate (or iterate for the first time, as the case may be) that the club threads are for fawning over their respective characters/ships, not for discussing the merits of other characters, ships, or the fandoms of those ships.

Now, for clarity's sake, it's one thing if a new or returning poster asks a question like this:

Thanks! 65 pages vs 270 pages... I'm guessing they take to other avenues to discuss or perhaps they are quite the minority?

Asking that or answering it is rather qualitatively different from breaking down the ways in which one thinks the other ship can't float or its fans don't know an oar from a rudder.

Let me also attempt to clarify that I get how even just fawning over one ship often involves quoting material posted to tumblr, Reddit, Twitter, etc., and that fawny material posted in such places often comes mixed in with critique of The Other Guy's Navy (as well as the Zerith ship, for that matter). That, unfortunately, has become so ubiquitous in the culture of the fandom that it's probably much easier to come across postings like "Here are some tender, beautiful observations of Cloud and Tifa's consideration for one another that show how they are meant to be in the remake. Also, Clerith is just one of Ondore's lies. ::blows raspberry::" -- but I'm willing to wager that one can still reference such material while keying focus in on the gushing.

That's what is going to be asked of you anyway. We can't do anything about the toxicity that festers elsewhere, but we are going to do our part to clean it up here. Please help out and be part of that.

Thanks for your attention and consideration.

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer

OG moments #clerithlove

OG + AC moments #clerithlove

Remake moments #clerithlove

Final Fantasy Tactics #clerithlove

Kingdom Hearts II #clerithlove

World of Final Fnatasy #clerithlove

BlankBeat

Pro Adventurer
tumblr_b6368a014ae49c979fa1334afe82a636_b6a9af90_500.png

Automatic trophy for the "Budding Bodyguard" chapter: REUNION.

tumblr_b97560ef3089d7171ec72b9ce249bac8_a5d070c9_1280.jpg

The crowd is letting us know who the canon couple is:

“Cloud and Aerith!”

“Cloud and Aerith!”

“Cloud and Aerith!”

Top Bottom