Did Cloud and Aerith ever get it on?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
This is what we have all our official information translated for people :monster:

The Strategy Guides that that they age throughout the story. Zack from 16-23 & Aerith from 16-22. Or ~5 1/2 - 6 years

The Time Between Angeal's death & Zack going to Junon is between Autumn of εуλ 0001 & Early Summer of εуλ 0002, so about half a year, during which time they would both have been about 17.

When Zack gets Aerith's 89th/Final letter, she states that it's been 4 years since he's left, (but it seems as though he's been on the run for ~ a year when he gets it).

Here's a bit from the timeline for those who CBA to look at it on the front page.

[ ν ] - εуλ 0001

March

· Angeal and Genesis are officially announced as being killed in action.

April

· Zack is promoted to SOLDIER 1st Class. On the same day, Genesis invades Midgar with his copy army.

· Cissnei of the Turks undertakes a top secret assignment to keep Zack under surveillance.

· Zack and Aerith meet by chance in a church in the Slums. They become intimate with each other.

Autumn

· Zack goes on an investigative mission to the abandoned Mako Mining Facility in Modeoheim, where he meets Cloud. The two become friends.

· After fighting Genesis and Angeal, Zack inherits the Buster Sword.

[ ν ] - εуλ 0002

1/16

· A SOLDIER force including Zack is dispatched to destroy an AVALANCHE base in Icicle Lodge. Zack attends to his fellow SOLDIER comrades, Sebastian and Yishay, as their death approached. With the exception of Zack and the Turks, every member of the unit is annihilated.

Early Summer

· Lazard disappears, believing that it’s only a matter of time before his secret communications with Hollander are exposed.

· Zack is ordered on a vacation to Costa del Sol.

· Junon and several other places are repeatedly troubled by an outbreak of synchronized attacks from the Genesis Copy Army. Zack fights in the battle to protect the city, and bis reunited with Cloud, who had been tasked to rescue the citizens.

10/1

· The Nibelheim Incident begins. Zack Fair tries to stop Sephiroth, who has run amok and reduced the village of Nibelheim to ashes, but was instead defeated by him at the Nibelheim Mako Reactor. Sephiroth takes the head of his “mother” Jenova but was fatally wounded by Cloud and falls into the mako reactor, and for a time was dead.

· Zack and Cloud are taken as experiment samples for the Sephiroth Copy Project.

[ ν ] - εуλ 0006

12/19

· Zack takes the mako poisoned Cloud and escapes from the ShinRa Manor.

[ ν ] - εуλ 0007

Early Autumn

· Zack settles things with Genesis in the Banora village underground.

· Genesis is taken to Deep Ground by Nero and Weiss. He begins his “sleep” beneath Midgar.

End of September

· Zack is killed in the wastelands on the outskirts of Midgar. Cloud inherits the Buster Sword and heads toward Midgar.

------------------------------------------

X :neo:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
"become intimate" does imply that they may have gotten it on, though I'm not sure if that's the way the writers intended it :monster:

ThePineKone

Rookie Adventurer
I don't think they ever did it, but it's more likely that they kissed.

If they did, that would totally destroy clifa and confirmed clearith as the real VII couple.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Wait, huh?

I don't think they ever did it, but it's more likely that they kissed.

If they did, that would totally destroy clifa and confirmed clearith as the real VII couple.

Where did you get the "more likely that they kissed"? O_O How is it more likely? If it's more likely they kissed, then Cloud and Tifa is more likely to have had sex. AMIRITE :monster:

Zerith is probably already the real VII couple. Having Clerith at the side would totally ruin that. In fact, Zerith is possibly more canon than Cloti. XDDDD

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I thought you were trying to convince us all that Clack was more canon than all of them. :monster:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Well, I did say Zerith is probably the real VII couple. :awesome: This means I have my doubts. But what I do know is that CLACK IS MOAR CANON THAN CLOTI OR CLERITH OR ZERITH :monster:

I have no doubts that Clack is canon. :awesomonster:

ThePineKone

Rookie Adventurer
Wait, huh?

Where did you get the "more likely that they kissed"? O_O How is it more likely? If it's more likely they kissed, then Cloud and Tifa is more likely to have had sex. AMIRITE :monster:

Zerith is probably already the real VII couple. Having Clerith at the side would totally ruin that. In fact, Zerith is possibly more canon than Cloti. XDDDD

I got the "cloud and aerith kissing" idea by remembering one of the ingame cutscenes from the game. The cutscene where cloud rescues aerith from hojo after releasing her from the experiment hub or whatever it's called with red XIII. We couldn't see through the hub once cloud runs into it. We don't know what was going on inside except that we knew that aerith thanked cloud for rescuing her. That is where the "kissing" idea came from. Did aerith kiss cloud aftering thanking him? That's just my guess.

I personally think it's clearith because the book "the maiden that traveled around the book" says that "she loved him more than her first love" and in one of the old commercials where it showed a scene with cloud and aerith it said "a story of a love that can never be". This is the commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9pF9BJQBLo&feature=related

I'm not stating them as fact by the way. Just speculation.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
PineKone. Marketing.
NOT TRUSTWORTHY.

Also -we can't say it didn't happen- is nonsense logic. You have to make a case for, rather than guess on mere probability.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
I got the "cloud and aerith kissing" idea by remembering one of the ingame cutscenes from the game. The cutscene where cloud rescues aerith from hojo after releasing her from the experiment hub or whatever it's called with red XIII. We couldn't see through the hub once cloud runs into it. We don't know what was going on inside except that we knew that aerith thanked cloud. That is where the "kissing" idea came from. Did aerith kiss cloud aftering thanking him? That's my guess.

I personally think it's clearith because in one of the old commercials where it showed a scene with cloud and aerith it said "a story of a love that can never be". This is the commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9pF9BJQBLo&feature=related

I'm not stating this as fact by the way.

Then I can totally counter with the Highwind scene. :monster: I don't need to explain that one.

Anyway, maybe Aerith kissing Cloud on the cheek is a possibility as a thank you, but I don't think Aerith is that stupid to do something like that in a dire situation. And for Cloud and Aerith to be kissing there is weird, while disc1!Cloud is totally cocky, I doubt he'd actually kiss a girl at such a time. It did say that Cloud was oblivious to both Aerith and Tifa's feelings, which means if the kiss happened, then how can Cloud still be so oblivious?

And...umm...doesn't the whole "a story of a love that can never be" mean it's not Clerith? It did say it "can never be". I think my grasp on the English language is good enough to think this.

...I'm just saying as well. :)

A

Great Old One
I personally think it's clearith because the book "the maiden that traveled around the book" says that "she loved him more than her first love" and in one of the old commercials where it showed a scene with cloud and aerith it said "a story of a love that can never be". This is the commercial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9pF9...eature=related
Right, but a few paragraphs after it's stated that she loves Cloud more than her first love, this shows up:

She was happy. She finally knew the real Cloud.

Meaning, she never knew the real Cloud while she lived.

Also, the commercial with, "A love that could never be," is marketing - and if you haven't noticed, in another part of that commercial it shows to Sephiroth, "a hatred that always was." But of course, if you've played the game, we know that Cloud didn't always hate Sephiroth, meaning this is just made by people who advertised the game and did not know anything about the characters.'

More on this:

The creators of the game (Nojima, Nomura), in no circumstances, were involved in the marketing of the game, Final Fantasy VII. Whilst Tetsuya Nomura was in charge of the character designs, Nojima was placed as the scenario writer. Marketing and commercial has nothing to do with their jobs. It was the job of an advertising agent to promote the game, not the creators. Do you see directors and actors and producers making their own commercials in movies? No. It’s all in charge of the advertising agent. The director directs. The actor acts. The producer produces. They have no control over the marketing team, as they are impertinent to the topic. So it wasn’t the creators who intended for the two to be the ‘true couple’ of Final Fantasy VII. It was all a marketing plan set up by a bunch of advertising agents, creating a line like that in hopes of attracting consumers, which worked. Nojima, Nomura, or the Final Fantasy VII staff had nothing to do with the advertising.

A

Great Old One
Well, if you think about it, technically - "a love that could never be," can mean what it says.

A love that could never be. :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Setting aside the uselessness of marketing.

Or if it is a love than can never be, why must it be Cloud's love? For example, we know his hatred of Sephiroth was not always. But perhaps Sephy always hated people. Maybe then it's Aerith's love that can never be since Cloud's interested in another woman.

But to drive home marketing= useless. The FF8 commercial says it's a story about 'one man's quest to win the woman he loves' when the story is about Rinoa trying to win HIM over instead.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Probably an unestablished relationship.

I don't know. It clearly says "a love that can never be". Can never be. The relationship can't EVER be established because it can never be. It can't be unestablished if there was nothing to be established in the first place.

And besides, it's a commercial. Read the posts above :monster:

A

Great Old One
And let's not forget that Zack did more than change Cloud's clothes in the mansion.

:awesomonster:

Fangirl's mind <- me. D:

ThePineKone

Rookie Adventurer
:awesomonster: I totally forgot about that one. That's where the actual kissing happened. XDDDD CANON?!?! LULZ.

Where did that happened?

But anyways, clifa is still too vague and zearith is no different. I can't see any of those relationships in the movie. Is it me or am I missing something?

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Where did that happened?

But anyways, clifa is still too vague and zearith is no different. I can't see that in the movie. Is it me or am I missing something?

You obviously haven't played the game to the fullest. Also never watched AC with an unbiased opinion, or read Maiden to the end. You also haven't played CC.

Be ashamed that an FFVII newbie like me is telling you this but IT'S ALL IN THE COMPILATION.

Seriously. Where did Yuffie kiss Cloud? In the Yuffie date scene. Zerith is vague? PLAY CRISIS CORE. Cloti is vague? PAY ATTENTION.

:catfight:

A

Great Old One
So these scenes are vague:

-Cloud brushing Tifa's cheek.
-Cloud and Tifa's promise scene.
-Cloud saving Tifa in the end of FFVII and keeping his promise
-Cloud and Tifa spending a last night under the Highwind.
-The Lifestream scene where Cloud confesses that his one desire/wish/secret is all related to Tifa.
-Cloud joining SOLDIER partly because of Tifa.
-Tifa being referred to as a koibito - to Cloud, naturally.
-Zack and Aerith and first love.
-More I can name, which I will if you'd like.

Compared to...

-About a month of knowing each other.
-Guilt/angst/sadness for a close friend.
-Motherly feelings for Cloud (to Aerith) and the entire Planet.
-Hardly any Cloud and Aerith scenes in AC. And when there is, scenes talking about Cloud's guilt.
-Aerith admitting that she did not know the real Cloud.
-Giving her blessing to another woman.

Also, did you play the game by any chance? Yuffie is shown kissing Cloud's cheek in the Date scene.

Be ashamed that an FFVII newbie like me is telling you this but IT'S ALL IN THE COMPILATION.
Hey now, I Am Not Me... I can see why people prefer Clerith. Let's not go overboard now.

But Cloti isn't vague, and neither is Zerith.

Last edited:

ThePineKone

Rookie Adventurer
You obviously haven't played the game to the fullest. Also never watched AC with an unbiased opinion, or read Maiden to the end. You also haven't played CC.

Seriously. Where did Yuffie kiss Cloud? In the Yuffie date scene. Zerith is vague? PLAY CRISIS CORE. Cloti is vague? PAY ATTENTION.

:catfight:

I already knew there was zerith in crisis core, but I was referring to advent children.

So these scenes are vague:

-Cloud brushing Tifa's cheek.
-Cloud and Tifa's promise scene.
-Cloud saving Tifa in the end of FFVII and keeping his promise
-Cloud and Tifa spending a last night under the Highwind.
-The Lifestream scene where Cloud confesses that his one desire/wish/secret is all related to Tifa.
-Cloud joining SOLDIER partly because of Tifa.
-Tifa being referred to as a koibito - to Cloud, naturally.
-Zack and Aerith and first love.
-More I can name, which I will if you'd like.

Compared to...

-About a month of knowing each other.
-Guilt/angst/sadness for a close friend.
-Motherly feelings for Cloud (to Aerith) and the entire Planet.
-Hardly any Cloud and Aerith scenes in AC. And when there is, scenes talking about Cloud's guilt.
-Aerith admitting that she did not know the real Cloud.
-Giving her blessing to another woman.

I see now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom