Digimon

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
So how's the reboot?

Digimon was part of my childhood, if it's worth it I would wish to revisit.

It's only 3 episodes so far, but coming from someone who is completely exhausted with Adventure, I'm absolutely loving it. The build up so far has been fantastic, the fights have been amazing, and there is a really strong story being seeded here. I'm excited, and that's something I never thought i'd say about anything Adventure related ever again.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
So the new episode just came yesterday, it was interesting.

-----------

On a different note here are release dates for Last Evolution movie related stuff:

DVD & BD are releasing on September 2nd for Japan.
DVD & BD are releasing on October 6th for America.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Digimon (2020) to be 66 episodes long according to Toei Europe, making it the second longest Digimon anime after Digimon Fusion (79 eps).

Assuming no further delays or renewal for more episodes, the anime will run until September of next year.
ie7j8mts48e51.jpg

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Just watched Last Evolution, as the last (for now :wacky:?) piece of OG Adventure and as a conclusion to Tai and Agumon story I was left satisfied. It was simple and straight forward in execution but godamn effective where it needed to be, the last 5 minutes gave me the same feelings I had the first time I watched Adventure final episode.

9/10

Now I don't feel like watching the new Adventure reboot, after three follow-ups (Adventure 02, Tri, Last Evolution) featuring the OG adventure gang growing and developing, going back to square one feels redundant. I heard from other fans and friends the reboot is doing some interesting stuff and I don't doubt that but, a part of me asks: Couldn't you have done those same interesting ideas but without going back to Adventure? Maybe when it becomes more distant I'll give it a watch but right now it will not be the time.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Did they ever made a Tamers movie?

Either way, loved the two films. Omnimon was the hypest shit. Good times when Digimon figures were sold literally everywhere.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
This movie was what started my ska phase, which gradually turned into an interest in punk, so I have a lot to owe to it :')

I still bust out the soundtrack every now and again when I'm feeling nostalgic.

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
Today is the 20th anniversary of the (in)famous american release of Digimon The Movie. This creature was the amalgamation of combining three different Digimon movies into one (and also a bizzare cameo of Angela Anaconda).

digimonmovie_december14_2017.jpg

My God, time flies. I still feel a little underwhelmed by the fact that Fox omitted a whole bunch of cool scenes from the third segment of the film, for the sake of time constraints. Ugh... I wonder if the English voice actors recorded their lines for the lost footage.

Oh, yeah, the soundtrack was dope.

I was expecting 'Take on Me' by A-ha back then (or at least some cover), since I thought it was fitting. I'm sure you can imagine my disappointment. >_>

I didn't really dig the deafening rock music for its time. Heck, I think the English dub of Pokemon did a better job with their music. But hey, just my opinion.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Digimon "Ghost Game", coming fall 2021, taking over the "Adventure" reboot.

e7s1nyuvkaezfhl.jpeg

The new film will tell a story about Daisuke Motomiya and the other characters from the Digimon Adventure 02 anime. Director Tomohisa Taguchi and writer Akatsuki Yamatoya are reuniting from Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna to work on the new film. Below is an "super-early teaser trailer" for the film:

e7swjdwvoaaioen.jpeg

The film's teaser visual reads, "The new Digimon film is 02. Now, the gates to adventure open …. 'I'm the world's first human to form a partner relationship with a Digimon."

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yup, he's a right winger. It was speculated about but now he's gonna full Japanese hard right otaku.

It's not surprising sadly. You'd be surprised how popular Trump was in Japan. They even had dedicated Japanese fans translating Q Anon crap to import it into Japanese pop culture and it's still there. Stop The Steal rallies were going on in Tokyo, so yeah. Disappointing but not that surprising.

Last edited:

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Most of the OG cast came back for the redub, but some had to be recast because they couldn't get hold of them. Mimi/Cody and Joe's actors passed away a few years ago so they had to be recast.

Discotek media have also remastered Adventure in 1080p on bluray:

1:02 to see them side by side. Or the thumbnail.

Top Bottom