Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

Splintered

unsavory tart
http://www.youtube.com/user/TetsuyaHikari <- the playthrough though you should start part 6.

Probably one of the reasons that the opening is so lame is that they have cgi cutscenes throughout the story. I think.

I actually kind of like Kefka's characterization here. Which is weird because I completely hate how some of the characters are portrayed in Dissidia (namely Terra being completely annoying and Kuja having lost all his prior... "elegance" to acting like a disgruntled teen). Maybe I didn't feel Kefka's character in 6, and definitely not in the first Dissidia, but he's the most interesting character in this game so far.

Not like I can understand what he's saying anyway. But he's got a solid voice actor.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
They've abandoned his original appearance ever since the PS1 remake.

If by 'original appearance' you mean the Pixel and SD rendering of him, yes. But then again, those were vague approximations of the Amano designs to begin with.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
If by 'original appearance' you mean the Pixel and SD rendering of him, yes. But then again, those were vague approximations of the Amano designs to begin with.

And i guess his portrait in the menu was, tragically enough, even further off.
32px-Cecil_Harvey_-_Black_Knight_menu.png

Funny how that happens.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Wow SE even went to the extra lengths to give Tifa Lingerie underwear in her cowgirl alt.

Stay classy SE.

Splintered

unsavory tart
FMVs of Prishe and Gilgamesh.

No real spoilers.

Always thought Prishe was a weird choice. And, well, she still is. But I'm strangely warming up to her. Derp.

Gilgamesh is Gilgamesh.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Nowhere. I saw it while viewing all of the models and animations.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Yeah. SE isn't exactly subtle about it either.

Apparently in the first game, it suggests you look up Terra's skirt in the character viewer. Or something. I never bothered to use it. Derp.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I dunno about them suggesting it but you certainly can do so in the first game. The second is worse in this regard.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I booted up Dissidia...and I can't find any such suggestion...

In fact, you can't even turn a character that way.

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
You can't rotate them that way, but if you position Terra properly you can see the telltale bit of white. I think it's a Moogle that suggests it to you, let me try and find out.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
FMVs of Prishe and Gilgamesh.

No real spoilers.

Always thought Prishe was a weird choice. And, well, she still is. But I'm strangely warming up to her. Derp.

Gilgamesh is Gilgamesh.

She really does see like a Haruhi expy in that FMV.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
And i guess his portrait in the menu was, tragically enough, even further off.
32px-Cecil_Harvey_-_Black_Knight_menu.png

Funny how that happens.

Actually, that's what I meant by vague approximation. It's not exactly like Amano's extremely dark designs, but it's modeled on the same basic lines.

ff4_4.jpg
and
ff4_20.jpg
should illustrate that the basic concept was the same, at least. Incidentally, I always felt his DK profile picture did not match his sprite image too well, largely due to color issues, but I do understand why they lightened the pallet up in the profile sprite.

ff4_5.jpg

So yeah, 'later' designs are mostly just 'early designs dusted off.'

Splintered

unsavory tart
So the new quest site is up for player made Dissidia quests. I expect to see Squall/Cloud/Tidus stories crop up soon. And maybe one in which Aerith kills Sephiroth. Apparently all that's up now are Squeenix tutorials but there's a place where it ranks all the quests. Or something.

It's like a fanfiction dream come true.

Also
story spoilers
Cid of Lufaine
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kbc8kdPyfVg/TXEDQdMEXDI/AAAAAAAAA34/rqavzzl28Uw/s1600/Cid.png

is a godamned moogle apparently.

Anyway, I keep hearing that the reason why the 8 new characters don't return is because they die by the manikins instead of by people. You know, I always thought Dissidia story is shit. I still do.

But the last stand against the manikins actually looks pretty awesome. Even if the deaths seem kind of... impersonal. No emotional draw.

But at least Cosmos finally did something.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
I refuse to believe that a Moogle can have such a deep, masculine voice. And not say "kupo" at the end of its lines. :puppy:

And I agree about the impersonal ending. Zack's works because it was much more personal. Not to mention be killed by Manikins is pathetic.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
So I'm piecing together around gamefaqs that the scene between Tifa, Cloud and Sephiroth is unlocked in a battle report. As is the scene where Cloud turns on Chaos. You don't get to actually play Tifa's story, let alone Cloud in the 12th war. I how many stories there actually are, beside Lightnings.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
So Lightning gets a story but Tifa doesn't?

Fahahahahhahaah. That's pathetic. I fucking hate Lightning.

Top Bottom