Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Each person's story only took an hour in the original, I wonder how the hell they managed to eek out 15 hours of playtime if not even all the new characters get a story...

Splintered

unsavory tart
I think there's only one story with everyone in it, most centered around Lightning.

Don't think there are individual stories.

Ehh, it's not like Dissidia stories were any kind of good anyway. Still bullshit though.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Weird. I thought that the director said in an interview that each character of the six new ones had their own story. =/

EDIT:

Ta-da!

You will see six new characters in the game. There is about 15 hours of gameplay to be had as each character’s level can take one or two hours to complete, and then at the end of scenarios characters join together with two others to finish the story to add even more story on top.

Source.

What, he lied, or something? =?

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I remember that interview, Tea-chan. I admit I'm a bit dubious of information gleaned from Gamefaqs....

I think there's only one story with everyone in it, most centered around Lightning.

This would make a bit more sense then certain characters having stories but others (FF7 characters of all) only being in bonus cutscenes.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

That's crap. I wasn't expecting much though after how shitty the first game's "story" was, but failing to include a story for every new character and favoriting one over all of the overs is real faggotry.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Easy, dacon. The director said that there are individual stories. It's just that Lightining gets more focus in order to advertise the sequel of XIII through her character.

Even though, I agree with you. :P

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
From GF

"Granted, it's like 95% story and 5% playing, but still. It's a bit nonintuitive to get to, but it's there:

After you beat a chapter in the story, you unlock a "Report" in the report section (which you can access from where you choose which story to play through). As you scroll through the reports, you'll see certain phrases highlighted in blue. If you press Square while on one of these pages, you'll be given the option to select the blue phrase. Doing so will take you to a cutscene, or (in rare instances) a party battle. I'm not sure if you need to have purchased the villains to do this (in my game I already had before I stumbled onto this).

I've gotten through the first four reports and started the fifth report, and have played as Kuja, Terra, and Sephiroth so far. Also, I watched lots of cutscenes in Japanese, and understand none.

Haven't finished 013 story yet, but as the report page shows lots more spaces for reports to be unlocked, I can only assume that finishing chapters in 013 will also unlock reports in which you can continue to watch/play the story from Chaos characters' perspectives."

So yeah.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I heard the report thing to, but it makes no sense to me.

They just removed some of the cutscenes from the story and made you watch in a theater mode? idgi.

Sounds like a stupid move.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time

WTF.png

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well, he's a villain :P

Not only will I take that over Tifa not getting a story. I'll take it over not getting to play the villains at all in the story mode.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
So even if she doesn't have her own story, what does Tifa do otherwise in relation to the plot? And please let at least one sentence in such a description be without the word "Cloud".

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
So even if she doesn't have her own story, what does Tifa do otherwise in relation to the plot? And please let at least one sentence in such a description be without the word "Cloud".

Tetsuya posted another video, so far it's Prologue: Lightning, Chapter 0: Lightning, Chapter 1: Lightning, Chapter 2: Vaan. We'll probably see Tifa get her own chapter, but you definitely won't be running into Sephiroth at all during 012. I dunno who else she travels with, but we'll probably see that guy as her bossfight.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I do hope that the various chapters don't neccesarily take place chronologicaly after each other. I fail to see the point in making Terra a Chaos Warrior at all if she gets turned THAT quickly.

EDIT: Ah zidane is shown in Tifa's chapter (and she definitely gets one)

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
ITT- we learn to get more info before marching to arms.

So, we get a main story, and we get side stories that we partly read and mostly play. Interesting. Definitely better than the villains having no story like Dissidia, as Force said.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There was no way she wouldn't have gotten a chapter.

And the stories weren't chronological in the first one, but then the chapters weren't numbered either. But still, considering that everyone isn't together, it's kinda hard to make them perfectly chronological.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
ITT- we learn to get more info before marching to arms.

So, we get a main story, and we get side stories that we partly read and mostly play. Interesting. Definitely better than the villains having no story like Dissidia, as Force said.

We got a arbitrary cutscene with a villain at the end of every Cosmos storymode getting cleared in Dissidia. This doesn't sound like it will be much more detailed then that.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c

Ignoring self important dicks, this is a good point bro.

Top Bottom