Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well considering Dissidia just summarizes each character's plot from their own game - and people complain that her story in VII simply revolved around Cloud, I don't know why anything else can be expected...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So, from what I'm gathering about the story at GameFAQs,
heroes killed by manikins don't come back in the next cycle, which is why Yuna, Lightning, Kain, Vaan, Tifa and Laguna stay dead -- and also why Kain is going around trying to kill his comrades; so the manikins can't.

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Interesting... That would imply he knew that manikins would defeat them for sure since the beginning.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Interesting... That would imply he knew that manikins would defeat them for sure since the beginning.

I'd sure like to know why he ended up in the giant battle with the manikin horde anyway, rather then just kill himself after he already murdered at least Zidane, Firion and Bartz and who know who else. Did Lightning convince him there was hope after all only to be proven brutally wrong?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I hope this next iteration of Dissidia nomura talked about isn't quite so moronic.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Tetsuya posted another video, so far it's Prologue: Lightning, Chapter 0: Lightning, Chapter 1: Lightning, Chapter 2: Vaan. We'll probably see Tifa get her own chapter, but you definitely won't be running into Sephiroth at all during 012. I dunno who else she travels with, but we'll probably see that guy as her bossfight.
Wow.

I was completely wrong but in this case, I don't mind. I also heard that the reports focus on the old characters, so that's good too. Makes more sense now.

heroes killed by manikins don't come back in the next cycle, which is why Yuna, Lightning, Kain, Vaan, Tifa and Laguna stay dead -- and also why Kain is going around trying to kill his comrades; so the manikins can't.
Why is that Chaos always seems to have a plan and Cosmos doesn't >___>. Evil villains know how to plan ahead.

Exdeath controls the manikins right? So he was just going to zerg rush them to victory? Why didn't he do that again?

Also, lol, Cosmos dies as soon as she does something useful. Oh well. I hope in the tradition of Cid, our next major villain is a chocobo.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Batman defeats Cloud by convincing Tifa to beat him bloody by revealing that when they were children Cloud stole her underwear and masturbated with them furiously. He produces several photographs detailing the act, including a separate event where Cloud peeped on her. He then unveils a ziplock bag containing the aforementioned item, which Cloud had kept with him for years.

Everyone looks at him and says, "How the fuck did you get that?"

His response:

"I'm Batman".

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
up99408.jpg

I know I'm late on this but I dun curr because fucking hell, Kuja fans ask for a new costume and this is the bullshit they present us with? what the fuck am i even looking at

I KNOW YOU GUYS, WE'LL HAVE NEARLY THE SAME DESIGN, BUT WITH MORE RUFFLES. IT'S BRILLIANT

1298573346852.jpg

Tir McDohl

rune bearer
AKA
Yula
I keep zeroing in on this mess one piece at a time. It's just.. I can't say it's all bad since I'm laughing pretty hard at it.

I like how proud he looks wearin' it. O god. xD

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Why is that Chaos always seems to have a plan and Cosmos doesn't >___>. Evil villains know how to plan ahead.

While I don't pretend to have paid a whole lot of attention to Dissidia's story and could be wrong, weren't all the events of the first Dissidia Cosmos' plan? Divide her power among the crystals, have the heroes find them, and allow Chaos to "kill her," breaking the stalemate and allowing the heroes to use the crystals to end the cycle and return to their worlds?

Last edited:

Jaqen H'ghar

A man knows.
AKA
Sully, Nine, Huntress, Relm Arrowny, Ezio Auditore da Firenze, Jon Snow, Spider-Woman, Jessica Drew, Cissnei
I haven't been in these here parts in a while but Kuja's new outfit looks like a dragged out version of a Musketeer outfit... and belts.

Splintered

unsavory tart
While I don't pretend to have paid a whole lot of attention to Dissidia's story and could be wrong, weren't all the events of the first Dissidia Cosmos' plan? Divide her power among the crystals, have the heroes find them, and allow Chaos to "kill her," breaking the stalemate and allowing the heroes to use the crystals to end the cycle and return to their worlds?
Was it? Maybe, I don't really remember, all things considered, I don't know why killing her then would be any different from killing her any of the other of times.

*waits until Tres explains it.*

Anyway

Story detailed SPOILERS
Kain heard from Golbeza first that the war is restarting everytime and this is the 12th war. He also told kain about the manikins and dying permantly when killed by them. Chaos side is mass-producing manikins and kain feels that this 12th war cannot be won. After that, he met WoL in kefka's lab and talked about his plan of killing the cosmos warriors himself so that they would be reborn to fight in the next war. WoL promises to help Kain and Kain started going around offing people. After Lightning found out, she had a confrontation with WoL and a fight then Lightning and the new warriors (vaan, laguna, etc.) decided not to get offed and went to empreyal paradox to destroy the manikin producing "thing". As, Lightning and company is travelling, WoL is alone guarding Cosmos so Chaos took the chance to use the manikins to attack cosmos sanctuary. Lightining and co. found out about it and hurried to empreyal paradox. Then the ending video happened.
This is the spoiler set that seems most legit coming out of 012.

Is this the first war with manikins?

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Probably not. In the final video, WoL looks up to see Lightning et al join what looks to me like a bunch of other ghosts in the sky -- probably ghosts of characters they're going to add in Dissidia Trifortuitum 011 or whatever they do.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Dissidia 012 has done the impossible - Kefka is EVEN FUNNIER. Someone please translate 11:00 to 11:40, we have to know what's being said. The full scene begins at 10:00, but that specific 40 seconds....XD

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Watch Vaan's story. He's even funnier there. :P

Vaan grabs Terra's hand and runs away after defeating Kefka. Vaan waves "Bye-bye!" to him... and Kefka does the same for a second, then realizes what he's doing and goes, "WAIT!!!"

EDIT: I remember more or less the dialogue. It was in one of the trailers that were translated. Basically, Kefka tells to Kuja that this is his chance to show his powers and says again and again "NOW!" ("EMA!" -or however this is spelled) while Kuja is "STFU". Also, I think he tells Lightning to kiss his sandy boots.

EDIT2: Just saw Laguna's story. Poor, poor Laguna, so weak and stammering towards half-naked women! (He's against CoD) XD

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

Was it? Maybe, I don't really remember, all things considered, I don't know why killing her then would be any different from killing her any of the other of times.

*waits until Tres explains it.*

It was basically a gamble on Cosmos's part. She and Golbez schemed a way to end the cycle: he would pretend he'd tricked her into this crystal shenanigans for the purpose of causing her to die permanently (killing Cosmos after she'd weakened herself by dividing her power into the crystals would cause her to remain dead, unless the cycle could be broken and order restored), while, in actuality, the plan was to take herself out of the war -- which would then lead to Chaos wishing for his own demise (as well as that of the whole omniverse, unfortunately) -- while providing the crystals to the heroes so that they would have a little time to kill Chaos even without Cosmos.

:monster:

So, yeah, a big risk seeing as how it could have gone wrong so many ways.

Probably not. In the final video, WoL looks up to see Lightning et al join what looks to me like a bunch of other ghosts in the sky -- probably ghosts of characters they're going to add in Dissidia Trifortuitum 011 or whatever they do.

The dead people in the sky were Squall, Cloud, Zidane, etc. -- the heroes who got revived for the next cycle of the war. Lightning and the rest of the team who died fighting the manikins just dissipated rather than being caught up in Shinryu's swirl.

Just saw Laguna's story. Poor, poor Laguna, so weak and stammering towards half-naked women! (He's against CoD) XD

Oh, Laguna, how I love thee.

Can't wait to know the contents of their conversation (obviously it's about the manikins, but I didn't attempt to translate the whole conversation). They seemed to get along pretty well, actually.

Top Bottom