Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
this inconvenient ad-hoc business which is required to fight other Dissidia players.

Since you mention it... :awesome:

I thought they were working on making it so you can play with anyone online, not just ad hoc. Does anyone else remember this and did anyone hear anything more about it? Cause I'd be extremely disappointed if they didn't use this feature this time around.

EDIT: Um...the game has already been released in Japan.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
this inconvenient ad-hoc business which is required to fight other Dissidia players.
If this new Dissidia had true online capabilities then maybe I would have bought it.

Yeah is this definitely the case with 012? And if so, why exactly? I remember I got Twisted Metal Head-on which was a freakin launch title for PSP (or very nearly) and it has online multiplayer, I never quite figured out what the reason was that even the first dissidia didn't have it.

But for 012, did they really make those 5 on 5 matches but no online multiplayer?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Because he enjoys bitching about it, same reason anyone follows something or someone they claim to hate. That or he's just putting on an act and is actually liking what he says. Either way, pft.

Herp do fucking derp. Never presume to know how I feel bub. I was actually looking forward to this game, unlike the first Dissidia, so fucking excuse me for expressing my disappointment with what I've seen. I never claimed to hate either of these games, not even the first, I even was planning on playing it with Mako at one point because he had asked. My stance was always that it wasn't that good, not terrible or anything. Just decent.

Know what you're talking about before you say something chief.

I like it when people proclaim they aren't buying a game.

I like it when people act like ignorant self important douchebags over a videogame! Also, I never said I wouldn't ever buy it.

Makes me laugh because it's their loss far more than it is the company's, yet they usually say such so defiantly as though it's some sort of big statement.

Yeah, I'm sure people are missing out big on some mediocre fighting game with a bad story when there's dozens of better games to get on the psp. Come on.

Also, if a lot of people DO refuse to buy a game out of principle, then it certainly IS a big statement. Even if it isn't to the company itself, it at the very least says gamers aren't willing to lap up whatever dribble they're fed by companies.

kyrt

Lv. 25 Adventurer
Well this game is a buy for me...if only because I never paid for the first game. I won it in a contest. I don't mind putting my support towards the game in hoping they actually bother to do better with the next type of game like this...I'm sure they are already at work on one for the NGP. I'm going to buy it because the game is relatively cheap and it will probably be fun.

I disagree about this being a final fantasy game and therefore it should have an amazing plot. Fighting games by their very nature do not have a good plot. The whole idea of a fighting game is that story is sacrificed for more characters and more gameplay. Considering they were able to create any plot at all with Dissidia (and one that sucks in a number of places it is still mediocre over all in its telling) I am impressed. So I am not disappointed with the story. I like it. It may be crap but that doesn't mean people do not have a right to like crap.

The one biggest complaint I have with the game is the inclusion of the original game. I agree that it is a complete waste and the majority of us that bother to buy the game are getting royally ripped off. Even SE knows this since they lowered the price to 30 instead of the usual 40. If they would have changed the original game in a number of different ways then I actually would have accepted its conclusion. From what I hear though I don't think it was changed at all from the first game. Major let down.

Overall the game is mediocre. Not great. Not horrible. Just mediocre.

I also would like to ask a question. Does anyone know if for the final chapter in the game we can play as the new characters? In the first game you could choose any character (I believe).

Also does anyone know if the ending FMV has anything about the new characters in it? Or did they not change a damn thing?

How many reports are in this game? Is there one for each villain or no?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I disagree about this being a final fantasy game and therefore it should have an amazing plot. Fighting games by their very nature do not have a good plot. The whole idea of a fighting game is that story is sacrificed for more characters and more gameplay. Considering they were able to create any plot at all with Dissidia (and one that sucks in a number of places it is still mediocre over all in its telling) I am impressed. So I am not disappointed with the story. I like it. It may be crap but that doesn't mean people do not have a right to like crap.

This game was conceptualized around the story. It's never been just a fighting game.

Also I loved the story in the GG games.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Also does anyone know if the ending FMV has anything about the new characters in it? Or did they not change a damn thing?

From what I hear, the final ending's the same -- though a few of the Reports cutscenes do take place during 013, so that could be seen as a bit of new content to the original story.

kyrt said:
How many reports are in this game? Is there one for each villain or no?

There are 20 reports, some with more than one cutscene. Each villain shows up in at least one Report cutscene.

EDIT: And just because I had to share this after coming across it, for those with Nico Nico Douga accounts, all the 012 Tifa panty shots you could ever ask for:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm13772067

Really, every time I start to think the Japanese don't deserve the rap they got for this kind of thing, I'm proven wrong once again.

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
This game was conceptualized around the story. It's never been just a fighting game.

You really believed that?

It was conceptualized around fanservice. I don't think the story is important at all. It was just more excuse to throw in nostalgia points. They might have put effort into it, but I don't think it was ever the core part of it. Of course, they'll never admit that. But it was.

I didn't even really feel like there was a story during storymode tbh. It wasn't until this game did they ever really focus on storytelling, and it was still bad.

Although Shade Impulse might have been the first step to a cohesive story. Didn't know. I refused to play storymode after awhile. Then I let someone borrow my game and it's been in limbo ever since

No.

There was a rumor/troll saying that they changed the FMV at the end, but later someone came out and said, lolno. Still the same.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
You really believed that?

It was conceptualized around fanservice. I don't think the story is important at all. It was just more excuse to throw in nostalgia points. They might have put effort into it, but I don't think it was ever the core part of it. Of course, they'll never admit that. But it was.

I didn't even really feel like there was a story during storymode tbh. It wasn't until this game did they ever really focus on storytelling, and it was still bad.

Although Shade Impulse might have been the first step to a cohesive story. Didn't know. I refused to play storymode after awhile. Then I let someone borrow my game and it's been in limbo ever since

You know what I meant dammit. Obv it was all meant to capitalize on fanservice and HURR DURR CLOUD FITAN KEFKA SEFIROS VERSUS SQUALL

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Herp do fucking derp. Never presume to know how I feel bub. I was actually looking forward to this game, unlike the first Dissidia, so fucking excuse me for expressing my disappointment with what I've seen.
Orly?

I'm Batman - Second page of this very thread said:
Dissidia Derpherp Final Fantasy: more of the same shit

Hm.

My stance was always that it wasn't that good, not terrible or anything. Just decent.
Really, because seems whenever you post in here it's to bitch.

I like it when people act like ignorant self important douchebags over a videogame!

I can tell.

Also, I never said I wouldn't ever buy it.
I never said you did, herp-a-derp, was replying to someone else.

Yeah, I'm sure people are missing out big on some mediocre fighting game with a bad story when there's dozens of better games to get on the psp. Come on.
Really, "dozens" of better PSP games? I want a list.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA

Oh my god people can't change how they feel, and jokes fly over heads without any effort.

Really, because seems whenever you post in here it's to bitch.

Fuck off. If I don't like what I see I will say so. Sorry I don't lap up whatever garbage I see.

Also, for the record a few times I did post here because I liked what I had seen, having discussions about characters(I remember a chat about Laguna's life, and arguing with force about characters' figures) or because I was joking around along with everyone else. I have done much more in this thread than just "bitch", but go ahead and boo hoo about my legitimate complaints regarding this game. You'll achieve a great deal.

I can tell.

I'm so shocked.
I never said you did, herp-a-derp, was replying to someone else.

Yeah, not like I ever made a comment regarding purchasing the game.

Really, "dozens" of better PSP games? I want a list.

There is no such thing as deliberate exaggeration for effect.

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Yeah, not like I ever made a comment regarding purchasing the game.

Doesn't change the fact I was not replying to you, so your reply to me as though I was was in error.

There is no such thing as deliberate exaggeration for effect.

Playing.png

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Nah, the show's already over. I've realized Batman really is the new Vendel and as such isn't worth replying to at a certain point.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Nah, the show's already over. I've realized Batman really is the new Vendel and as such isn't worth replying to at a certain point.

Hahahahah what a fucking joke. You insult me by dismissing my opinions as "bitching", and I'm the one who is "the new vendel". That's hilarious. You don't even know what side of the fence you're standing on.

brb makin some popcorn

Don't forget the milk-duds.

Splintered

unsavory tart
It's not so much love.

But Dacon's hate is sort of a necessity now. This forum would be lost without it.

Just the other day, someone was saying how they didn't like Mass Effect. I was about to say, "Well, that's your opinion, and you are entitled to it." But then I thought, "What would Dacon do?"

So instead I punched him in the face, insulted his mother, and then told him that is life won't amount to anything.

I can feel myself being a better person already.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Makes me laugh because it's their loss far more than it is the company's
Because God forbid people call a spade a fuckin spade instead of trying to justify whatever SE shits out as a misunderstood and undervalued masterpiece.

Let's not pretend there's any other reason to get Dissidia except to see your fave characters again. Some people will not fork over their hard-earned money for everythign that has Cloud's face on it.

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It's not so much love.

But Dacon's hate is sort of a necessity now. This forum would be lost without it.

Just the other day, someone was saying how they didn't like Mass Effect. I was about to say, "Well, that's your opinion, and you are entitled to it." But then I thought, "What would Dacon do?"

So instead I punched him in the face, insulted his mother, and then told him that is life won't amount to anything.

I can feel myself being a better person already.

Ilu

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I like it when people proclaim they aren't buying a game. Makes me laugh because it's their loss far more than it is the company's, yet they usually say such so defiantly as though it's some sort of big statement.
You're aware we were asked if we were going to buy it or not right?

Top Bottom