DmC

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
They're crazy. I never said they were sane, competent or efficient, lol

They complain about developing games for current gen consoles yet spend exorbitant amounts of time and money on shit that isn't nearly as important to the game proper. These are the same people who relegated one of the main characters of FFVII to less of a role in the Compilation due to difficulty in rendering fur.

Yes. This is a company that on one hand, wants to half ass and make a quick buck but on the flip side, is OCD and completely pants on head stupid in terms of priorities. :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
you do something with a franchise that old fans don't like, and then those fans don't buy your game

i am shocked. shocked i say

I liked a fair bit of what I saw of the design, except Dante. I didn't think the demo gameplay was too bad but it wasn't like DMC and there were minor things that added up to be pretty annoying (why are there two identical block buttons but no lock on?). The whole 'Fox News' and 'Anonymous' things seem kind of tacky. And they should have hired someone else to write this game's script like they did their other games, because it started to sound like a 13 year old writing something 13 year olds find cool while taking itself so seriously ("FUCK YOU!!" "FUCK YOOOOUUUU!!!!!vomiting all over the place").

And Ninja Theory haven't made a successful, or any, franchises of their own. Not to say the games they've made are bad, but they haven't sold that well or led to series of their own. If you were looking to revitalise DMC, why not go to someone who has at least one successful franchise under their belt?

I'd still play DmC. But someone would have to give it to me for free, because I'm not quite willing to pay being the entitled spiteful destroyer of games companies I am.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
These news are actually a bit older but

DmC Definitive Edition and more importantly

Motherfucking DMC4 Special Edition

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
so they finally added a lock on button to dmc?

i did eventually play dmc, because i got it for free (psplus). i thought the game itself was alright and i liked the set designs but i didn't care for the general attitude of the game. which was basically 'look how serious i am' without any of the moments in the other games that were aware when it was being ridiculous

i am more interested in the fact that dmc4 seems to be getting a japanese dub

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
the only thing that matters is the potential for playable vergil in dmc4

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I'll buy them used screw capcom.

Inclusion of Vergil in a half completed game won't make me buy it.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
japanese cast
nero: kaito ishikawa
dante: toshiyuki morikawa
virgil: hiroaki hirata
lady: fumiko orikasa
trish: atsuko tanaka

ahhhhhhhh yes (i don't know if this was the casting for the anime, i think morikawa was)

you can play virgil, lady, or trish for missions you've completed as nero or dante. it also has the 'legendary dark knight' mode from the original's pc version, and as a limited bonus new costumes for trish and lady (does that mean nero/dante/virgil will get new costumes or is this going to be a case of 'put the women in sexy clothing'?)

june 18th release date

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Capcom's approach to all special editions is just to add Vergil as a playable character. Nevermind the fact that he's canonically dead and gone for the entirety of said game.

Still looks awesome, I want it. :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom