DmC

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Same here.

I chuckled at G4/ Kevins take on it when they interviewed one of the makers.

"They hated Dante and the game when they saw the new look, but loved it when they saw the gameplay"

Herp Derp I think the uninspired gameplay made us hate it more.

Exactly. At it's absolute best the gameplay MIGHT emulate the other Devil May Cry games...but then why wouldn't I just play one of those where the protagonist isn't such a tool?

Speaking of I got DMC4 for my birthday from my sister, I should get around to that (I did beat it on a rental back when it came out).

What do people think of the HD collection for those that have it?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I gots the HD collection but I've only played all of DMC2, and parts of 1. Haven't tried 3 out yet. It looks pretty nice, not a huge difference but worth getting if you really love the DMC games and want to see them all touched up. :3

DMC4 is also good I love it ;3;

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Vergil isnt in this game.

The character in this game is nothing like Vergil much like their Dante sigh

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
Um....so who is the twin brother in this game? O.o I know the video I saw was not fan made.

Edit: but I agree with you. The characters seems a little....young and not that deep.

Ghost X

I didn't even like the Dante of the old games. Was a bit too corny for me. However, it wasn't that bad that it was repulsive. The gameplay and cutscenes were enough for me to want to buy two of the games. This new incarnation though is repulsive :wacky:.

Lex

Administrator
I think they're trying to appeal to the 13 year old-leg-humping-america-fuck-yeah market.

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
I didn't even like the Dante of the old games. Was a bit too corny for me. However, it wasn't that bad that it was repulsive. The gameplay and cutscenes were enough for me to want to buy two of the games. This new incarnation though is repulsive :wacky:.

Repulsive yet I'm pretty sure you're going to play it anyway :wacky:

Lex

Administrator
Too much focus on the america part of that statement, I shouldn't have used it (because it's a dirty stereotype, sorry!) but I just mean the new characterisation gives me a pretty clear image of the market they're trying to appeal to. And it stinks.

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
I didnt say anything about buying it :monster: There is nothing stopping you from trying it out of curiosity. I know I will :wacky:

ForceStealer

Double Growth

I want to shake this dudes hand

Agreed, great summation. Also...I haven't really been watching any of the new stuff that's come out of the game lately so some of that stuff was new to me...and wow it's terrible.

I'm not against swearing or anything, but all of those clips displayed the prototypical 'using it for its own sake' trap. It's some really lazy writing. Funny how the actual Dante managed to trashtalk and piss off all those demons without swearing at them at all.

And the guy's right about it being odd that hte writing is so lazy, I agree that I really liked Heavenly Sword's cutscenes. Bohan was memorable. Even Nariko had some good moments of biting sarcasm, and she even did it without saying 'fuck' to everybody. Remarkable.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I don't know the dmc so I'm neutral, all I wanted to say is that I'm disappointed to hear this about Ninja Theory. I can't believe that they failed at writing. I've played Heavenly Sword and Enslaved and definitely the best part of those two games were the characters and the interactions between them.

I have no clue how a team that had such great caliber in making interesting, memorable characters suddenly failed so hard. I'd think they would give it everything they got considering this is one of the bigger profile franchises. It makes me sad that they would not put forth the energy on the writing.

Carlos

I care not
AKA
That brown guy
I just watched the boss fight with Dante and the big hanging demon. And I lost count how many times they said "fuck". I am disappoint. If they manage to make sequel, which I know they will, they will need to work on there character depth.

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
So, you know how this game has some pale imitation of Vergil? Well, if for some reason you want to play as him it'll cost you nine bucks.

Remember the good old days when you could unlock things in arcade-style games by, like, beating the highest difficulty or something? Now you just get a meaningless trophy and have to pay for all the good crap.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
So I played the demo.

Gameplay-wise I felt it was five years ago again when I first played Heavenly Sword. :monster:
It was okay but didn't keep me interested tbh.

Meanwhile, the MGR demo keeps me wanting to hack people into tiny pieces over and over again. :awesome:

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
There's something funny about this game's title. No matter how much I see the little "m" it still sounds to me like my favorite embroidery threads' brand.

:awesome:

Last edited:

ForceStealer

Double Growth

:worffacepalm:

If anything, I think this proves us right that the problem wasn't the hair. Because he still looks like shit even with the white hair.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon

:worffacepalm:

If anything, I think this proves us right that the problem wasn't the hair. Because he still looks like shit even with the white hair.

Real Dante's hair is too cool for this kid anyway.

Top Bottom