• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Dragon Age Series

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Bioware had launched the Dragon Age 2 website!

Key Features:

• Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
  • Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
  • Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
  • Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
  • Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.
Other things confirmed:

* You play as a human named Hawke (can be male or female)
* The game will take place over a 10 year period
* They are aiming for a March 2011 release

Not much to go on right now, but thoughts? I know a ton of people are already giving cries of protest over not being able to play an elf.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Fuck you I was making this thread

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Also, this is basically Mass Effect doing the fusion Dance with Dragon Age, consider me cautiously optimistic. It's nice the character is going to have a voice now though.

Splintered

unsavory tart
X1yun.jpg

So beautiful.

But I want to see Alistar and Morrigan, but the whole "10 years later" makes it suspiciously sound like they're just going to write them out completely or they are going to get the Ashley/Kaidan treatment- one line and an email. Which will make me RAGE.

At least Morrigan and her hell spawn should get a mention.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
But I want to see Alistar and Morrigan, but the whole "10 years later" makes it suspiciously sound like they're just going to write them out completely or they are going to get the Ashley/Kaidan treatment- one line and an email. Which will make me RAGE.

Actually, the game takes place over ten years, not after. I don't think there's been any word about the time frame between the first and the new one mentioned yet.

At least Morrigan and her hell spawn should get a mention
I'm kinda hoping the main character is the son of the original warden and Morrigan.

Also, I know it sounds a little like blasphemy, and while I loved, and I mean loved the combat system in the first game, but I wouldn't mind them mixing real time action controls into the game, while leaving the original combat system in tact if you want to use it. A combination of both would make me jizz

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Fuck you I was making this thread
:')

Also, this is basically Mass Effect doing the fusion Dance with Dragon Age, consider me cautiously optimistic. It's nice the character is going to have a voice now though.
Same. Also, I like the idea of a voice actor for the character, but I did like all the options they gave your character in the first game. I guess we'll see how that all balances out.

But I want to see Alistar and Morrigan, but the whole "10 years later" makes is suspiciously sound like they're just going to write them out completely or they are going to get the Ashley/Kaidan treatment- one line and an email. Which will make me RAGE.
Ack, maybe I should clarify -- I don't know how long it'll be between DA and DA2, but DA2 itself is going to cover a decade.

Bring on Morrigan. I...never really liked Alistair. I wish there was a bomb I could have left him with. :C

I'm kinda hoping the main character is the son of the original warden and Morrigan.

They confirmed on the boards that the main character isn't Morrigan's child. :\ I was kinda hoping for that (especially since the chick has some weird demon arm).

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
:')
Bring on Morrigan. I...never really liked Alistair. I wish there was a bomb I could have left him with. :C

Tbh I never liked morrigan, but I fucking LOVE Claudia Black and her voice acting is fan fucking tastic. Which instantly wins her one over boo hoo Alistair.
They confirmed on the boards that the main character isn't Morrigan's child. :\ I was kinda hoping for that (especially since the chick has some weird demon arm).

FAGGOTRY.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Tbh I never liked morrigan, but I fucking LOVE Claudia Black and her voice acting is fan fucking tastic. Which instantly wins her one over boo hoo Alistair.

I played as a mage so she and my character were pretty chill. She never annoyed me, at least.

But Alistair. OH GOD. I don't even have any words, he just won't ever shut up

EVER

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
What pisses me off is he's always poking fun at my character, but the minute I do it to him, HURP DURP Alistair disapproves.

Splintered

unsavory tart
One of the reasons why I couldn't bring Morrigan along with me is because for EVERYTHING I DID SHE GOT PISSED. Side missions, not being an asshole, not committing mass murder- negative ten points.

I hate lip from my side characters. I am extremely petty and once when I sided with Miranda isntead of Jack, and Jack screamed "FUCK U" at me I got annoyed and now kill her off almost every time I play the ending.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
One of the reasons why I couldn't bring Morrigan along with me is because for EVERYTHING I DID SHE GOT PISSED. Side missions, not being an asshole, not committing mass murder- negative ten points.

I hate lip from my side characters. I am extremely petty and once when I sided with Miranda isntead of Jack, and Jack screamed "FUCK U" at me I got annoyed and now kill her off almost every time I play the ending.

Jack is a terrible character. At least I managed to get Morrigan on my side AND still be a morally ambiguous hero, without making her my baby daddy.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Bioware had launched the Dragon Age 2 website!

Other things confirmed:

* You play as a human named Hawke (can be male or female)
* The game will take place over a 10 year period
* They are aiming for a March 2011 release

Not much to go on right now, but thoughts? I know a ton of people are already giving cries of protest over not being able to play an elf.
:( Why can't I be an elf?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I'm sorry is this the thread for Dragon Age 2 or Fable 3? I can't tell because the game descriptions sound almost exactly the same. :( Somebody help pls

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
I never want to see Alistair again.
As long as he isn't in this game, I will buy it.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Jack is a terrible character. At least I managed to get Morrigan on my side AND still be a morally ambiguous hero, without making her my baby daddy.

Oh dear god this. Can someone also explain to me why the hell Jack's paragon option has to be so goddamn high to win her loyalty back? I sided with Miranda, but later on I tried to talk to Jack with about 98-99% paragon and I still couldn't convince her. wat the eff. Somehow she survived anyway, though.

But yeah, in my game Morrigan wasn't all that hard to talk to (I guess it also depends on your origin as well). Even if she didn't like something I did, I could usually appeal to her sense of practicality and convince her. At least she wouldn't relentessly bitch like Jack.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Lol i managed to keep jack and morrigan :-/
Jack wanted to fuck shephard and morrigan my elf so i guess it's just the natural born scotsman in me leaking into gaming :monster:

/bigheadedness

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well, one of the exact quotes is "You may be controlling a different character in Dragon Age II, but the choices your Grey Warden made in Origins are still imported from your save and reflected in the world."

From reading that section of the article they seem to say that the PC version is pretty much the same, while the console versions have been upgraded to have the action feel faster and more responsive than Origins did.

PC combat is going to remain pretty much the way it currently is. It's the console versions that are being upgraded.

It doesn't talk about the conversation system in great detail. Just says "Dragon Age II uses a conversation system similar to Mass Effect's, where players select paraphrased versions of the dialogue from a wheel. An icon in the middle of the wheel even illustrates the line's basic intent (like aggressive or sarcastic), so you can focus more on the interaction rather than reading and analyzing your dialogue choices."

It made no mention of the dialogue system with party members.

All it really said was that the PC version will have the same ability to "examine the battlefield closely, make decisions from a top-down view, and direct your party like a general." They say they got to play the Xbox 360 version and they can "confirm that it is faster, more responsive, and more fluid than before. As soon as you press a button, something happens. As a warrior, Hawke threw down special strikes and used a new dash move to slash through darkspawn with ease. It isn't on the Dynasty Warriors side of the spectrum, but with obvious improvements to the targeting system and animations, playing Dragon Age II with a controller finally feels natural."

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
LIER (SPOILER) Morrigan always leaves at the end no matter what you do.
Yeah but you can keep her till the fight at the end tho.
After that i dont give a hoop what she does :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well color me curious. I was really impressed by the world, story, and dialogue trees in the first one but felt pretty meh on the battle system.

I also find it interesting how the recent trend in western RPGs is to take a slight bit of JRPG element in having the protagonist be one, rather than just the walking box of stats.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I also find it interesting how the recent trend in western RPGs is to take a slight bit of JRPG element in having the protagonist be one, rather than just the walking box of stats.

That isn't a JRPG element. Old School WRPGs did the same thing.

Top Bottom