Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I think there should be more focus on Vaanelo, but they did get a game revolving around them, sooo...

...I still want more. :shifty:

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Ha, i'll just stick with BalthierxFran my favorite XIII pairing. <3

Personally, with FFVII they are giving Vincrecia a lot of points from DoC, which I have no problem with seeing it is one of my favorite pairings. :joy:

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
eh its just 'my want' thats saying "more cloud and tifA'", im not discrediting any other couple or any potential couple in all the other games, but i just find the history of it all and the way things played out and the way things were in rhe novels and games (despite it lacking in romance) that cloud and tifa are just hella cute

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
DoC didn't satisfy me on the Vin/Lucrecia front. needz moar elaboration. lol

Such as why Lucrecia would ever choose Hojo over super hottie Turk Vincent. :monster:

But that is a topic for another thread.

Also I've noticed the apparent Clotiness in Dead Fantasy as well. Will be interesting to see what happens when Cloud finds Tifa. :)

But I also got the impression that Monty may bring in some Tuna (:awesome:) as well, what with Yuna's "You remind me of someone I said goodbye to long ago" comment and what not. So who knows?

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
@Reith- Last Order drew me pretty far in even if it's not canon. :awesome: But my favorite...in CC when Cloud tried to protect Tifa and failed epically and then even better she carried him back, what a LOSER! :lol:

Oh and Dead Fantasy- http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Dead_Fantasy

@Tennyo- It made me smile. :3 I think Lucrecia chose Hojo over Vincent because of
1. Guilt about his father

2. Hojo was a crazy fuck who probably controlled her and imo probably raped her. O:

3. Lucrecia's mind....Vincent > science&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;<3<3<3

Tuna? Hrm, I could care less I don't like them. D:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
I don't think he is focusing on Cloti so much, just FFVII in general. /:

Except he's pulling the ~guy going after his girl in peril~ string. In fact, it seems to be central to the entire plot he's spinning. If there was just lots of Cloud and Tifa kicking ass and there wasn't such a 'knight in shinning armour' thing going on then I'd agree with you.

Also I've noticed the apparent Clotiness in Dead Fantasy as well. Will be interesting to see what happens when Cloud finds Tifa. :)

Kiss!??? *dies* Though I'd hate to see a kiss animated in that quality... it was bad enough in X. It'll probably be an epic hug scene or Cloud carrying her home in his arms.

But I also got the impression that Monty may bring in some Tuna (:awesome:) as well, what with Yuna's "You remind me of someone I said goodbye to long ago" comment and what not. So who knows?

Cloud was the one speaking all those words that pop up so it's been suggested that he's saying Yuna reminds him of Aerith.

sorry if im slow and im like half asleep btw but dead fantasy? whats tht

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/dead-fantasy-monty-oum/26451

Warning: Your eyeballs may fall out.

There are 5 episodes so far. They feature characters from Final Fantasy and Dead or Alive fighting against each other. In 3-5 Monty Oum, the creator, has added some story to it and that's what we're talking about. Enjoy!!

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Cloud was the one speaking all those words that pop up so it's been suggested that he's saying Yuna reminds him of Aerith.
!

Wait, wait, wait. Who says Cloud is the one talking? Because that is not what I understood it as...nor what was planned originally. Did Monty change it and I'm just out of the loop? :O

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Wait, wait, wait. Who says Cloud is the one talking? Because that is not what I understood it as...nor what was planned originally. Did Monty change it and I'm just out of the loop? :O

Well it says "I trust her" referring to Tifa (bouncing off her "trust me" in III) so we can assume it's Cloud anyway, and then it says "and...because" etc showing it's still the same person talking.

Or has Monty Oum said something about it? That's just what I heard from another Youtubian.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Well it says "I trust her" referring to Tifa (bouncing off her "trust me" in III) so we can assume it's Cloud anyway, and then it says "and...because" etc showing it's still the same person talking.

Or has Monty Oum said something about it? That's just what I heard from another Youtubian.

Monty is actually really vague about his plans and articulating. However, in that chain of events, since it mimics FFVIII's opening, the logical assumption would be that it's Rinoa's "voice over". As she was the one to tell Tifa to "Trust me" before she exported her to an entirely new world.

And if that fellow youtubian still wants to think it's Cloud and his linking Yuna to Aerith--who have NO connection whatsoever--you should tell them to consider the opening question of: "Why am I here?" Chances are, if Cloud voiced that, he's not going to be the one giving the exposition on it. And he knows why he's there. He's searching for Tifa.

However, without voices and only text much can be speculated and guessed about--as Monty likes it-- but I can tell you that even if the viewer wants to place the dialogue onto Cloud, Cloud wouldn't be comparing Yuna to Aerith--and that I have on a SOLID source. ;)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
but I also got the impression that Monty may bring in some Tuna (:awesome:) as well, what with Yuna's "You remind me of someone I said goodbye to long ago" comment and what not. So who knows?

In this thread, Cloud reminds women of their lost loves.

What else is new?

@Reith- Last Order drew me pretty far in even if it's not canon. :awesome: But my favorite...in CC when Cloud tried to protect Tifa and failed epically and then even better she carried him back, what a LOSER! :lol:

Did it say he failed? I thought it was implying he took a body check for her instead. Mostly because it's hard to imagine Cloud being laid low by anything less.

And I bet he hammed up his injury to get more 'together' time with Tifa.

Of course, I've always wonder what would happen if that helmet strap broke...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

Monty is actually really vague about his plans and articulating. However, in that chain of events, since it mimics FFVIII's opening, the logical assumption would be that it's Rinoa's "voice over". As she was the one to tell Tifa to "Trust me" before she exported her to an entirely new world.

And if that fellow youtubian still wants to think it's Cloud and his linking Yuna to Aerith--who have NO connection whatsoever--you should tell them to consider the opening question of: "Why am I here?" Chances are, if Cloud voiced that, he's not going to be the one giving the exposition on it. And he knows why he's there. He's searching for Tifa.

However, without voices and only text much can be speculated and guessed about--as Monty likes it-- but I can tell you that even if the viewer wants to place the dialogue onto Cloud, Cloud wouldn't be comparing Yuna to Aerith--and that I have on a SOLID source. ;)

I took it to be Yuna talking. She's the only who whose mouth ever moves, and I assumed she was saying that she trusted Rinoa. Yuna is there in that world because she trusts Rinoa.

But the next part, I see where the confusion comes. Now that the idea has been suggested I'm kind of seeing how people could think that maybe Cloud was going the talking.

I think it's safe to assume that Cloud is there looking for Tifa, but maybe because she wanted him to come? Cloud is there because he trusts Tifa and he saved Yuna because she somehow reminds him of Aerith? I'm not quite sure how, in her gunner outfit and short hair, that she would, and also did Cloud even know that Yuna existed before and he went to save her or did he just happen to come across her on his way to find Tifa and decide to save her?

Also I'm not sure how it would make sense for Cloud to be there for both his trust in Tifa and his memories of Aerith, but who knows?

It also equally makes sense and also does not make sense for Yuna to be talking now, remember. She is there because Rinoa actually put her there, remember. She trusts Rinoa, and that could be why she's fighting. And maybe Cloud reminds her of Tidus with his blond hair and huge sword and the whole hero/needs to be a hero thing he's got going on. But the "and because" or whatever doesn't really make sense. Did Cloud and Yuna already know each other before this?

Mayhaps we'll just have to wait for the next installment, or for DF to be finished completely? Maybe Monty Oum is pulling a Nomura. :awesome:

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
lol @ ryu: he hammered his injuries to get more 'together time' with tifa <----so true
she didnt mind i bet.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Mayhaps we'll just have to wait for the next installment, or for DF to be finished completely? Maybe Monty Oum is pulling a Nomura. :awesome:
Apprentice Monty: Do you think it was about Tifa? That could be one answer. I wanted to give people a chance to think about it, so I'll leave it to your imaginations (laughs).

Sith Lord Nomura: Ohohoho~ :awesome:

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
so he is leaving it up to interpretation and imagination? hopwefully this doesnt turn into a debate thread

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Apprentice Monty: Do you think it was about Tifa? That could be one answer. I wanted to give people a chance to think about it, so I'll leave it to your imaginations (laughs).

Sith Lord Nomura: Ohohoho~ :awesome:

lol This would actually be really funny to actually see. :monster:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
LMAO hito, I was thinking the same :monster:

I'm not sure he even has a plan :D Maybe he's making up things as he works on them - and thinks "wait that'd be cool!" *adds random scenes* XD

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Tolkien did not plan out LOTR. He just sat down at his typewriter and typed for about twelve years. :monster:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
In this thread, Cloud reminds women of their lost loves.

Or the ideal one which doesn't exist. Ah....

I bet he hammed up his injury to get more 'together' time with Tifa.

I don't even want to imagine his teenage/infactuation/angsty feelings as she was carrying him along. I'm too old for all that now.

I think it's safe to assume that Cloud is there looking for Tifa, but maybe because she wanted him to come?

Tifa's flashback in V makes it look like she is basically whisked off into the end of DFI and Cloud is trying to follow her. So I think it's more likely he was determined to follow her as he was concerned.

Yuna because somehow reminds him of Aerith? I'm not quite sure how, in her gunner outfit and short hair

Their 'innocence' and soft personalities do remind me of one another. But yeah, I guess we don't know. Only Monty Oum would know. And I didn't think it was Cloud speaking in the first place to be honest, it's just that it's not very clear who exactly it is and this Youtubian had a good theory so... but oh well.

It also equally makes sense and also does not make sense for Yuna to be talking now, remember. She is there because Rinoa actually put her there, remember. She trusts Rinoa, and that could be why she's fighting. And maybe Cloud reminds her of Tidus with his blond hair and huge sword and the whole hero/needs to be a hero thing he's got going on.

It'd explain why it looked like she was swooning over him on his bike. I honestly don't know if MO wanted it to be a swoon or a faint of exhaustion but it looked pretty suggestive of attraction all the same.

Maybe Monty Oum is pulling a Nomura. :awesome:

Yeah, probably. >_>

Top Bottom