Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Yep, this is how I strongly feel about the future Lifestream event myself. Especially after Rebirth.

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
I'm terrified they'll fuck up the lifestream scene tbh but we'll just have to wait. Cloud and Tifa have been the best part of the remake trilogy but theres always the idea in the back of my head in how they can fuck it up lol

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I'm terrified they'll fuck up the lifestream scene tbh but we'll just have to wait. Cloud and Tifa have been the best part of the remake trilogy but theres always the idea in the back of my head in how they can fuck it up lol
I’m confident it will be good. Plus, it’s their favorite scene so I can imagine they’ll take extra special care with it.

shady

Pro Adventurer
It's definitely about Tifa and Cloud, if it was purely Tifa herself you'd expect things like Seventh Heaven and stuff to be there, but it's not

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I actually think the LS sequence in Part 3 will be both Cloud and Tifa being swallowed up (again in Tifa’s case) by the two Weapons we saw in this game. And both being taken on a journey simultaneously.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I'm trying to think if I like this idea or not lol. Spoiler for Gongaga:

I see where you're coming from but at the same time, I feel it would take out the intimacy of the scene. In the OG, we are in Cloud's broken mind, which would lack there.

However they could bring them to the place where Cloud's broken mind is - since Cloud's body just did disappear in the OG. It would make 3 Weapons just for this - Ultima (it's this one right?) attacking Mideel and the two other Weapons bringing Cloud and Tifa to this place. I wonder if that could work lol.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I'm trying to think if I like this idea or not lol. Spoiler for Gongaga:

I see where you're coming from but at the same time, I feel it would take out the intimacy of the scene. In the OG, we are in Cloud's broken mind, which would lack there.

However they could bring them to the place where Cloud's broken mind is - since Cloud's body just did disappear in the OG. It would make 3 Weapons just for this - Ultima (it's this one right?) attacking Mideel and the two other Weapons bringing Cloud and Tifa to this place. I wonder if that could work lol.
I think it will still be that… but the Weapons will facilitate the journey (as well help explain why Tifa didn’t get mako poisoning.)

insanehobbit

Pro Adventurer
I'm totally cool with that since they need some sort of hand-wavey explanation for how Cloud/Tifa end up there without dying, and the Whispers/Weapon didn't detract from the mini-Lifestream scene in Gongaga at all.

Random musing/spit-balling with Rebirth ending spoilers:
Is there a widely agreed upon theory for why Biggs is the one in Lifestream purgatory or whatever with Zack in Rebirth vs. the other two dead AVALANCHE members? Because I don't think Biggs necessarily has more unfinished business than the other two. The only clear difference I can see between Biggs' and Jessie's "deaths" is that Cloud sees Biggs "die" alone while Tifa is also present for Jessie's.

I guess I'm wondering if the whole Cloud deluding himself about a dead friend being alive thing has happened before, not just with Zack, but with Biggs as well, and that's why those are the two in "Zack's World" in Rebirth. IIRC, they don't bring up Biggs being dead at all in Rebirth, like sure it's implied, but it leaves enough space for Cloud to delude himself into thinking that Biggs was just critically injured at the plate and left in Midgar to recover.

Even during Cloud's Trial at ToTA, Cloud relives Biggs "death" but Sephiroth only taunts him about Jessie's.

We know that Tifa is the only one who can bring out Real!Cloud, but I wonder if we're also supposed to see Tifa as the one who is tethering SOLDIER!Cloud to reality? SOLDIER!Cloud is still especially attuned to Tifa's emotions, so even though he'd like to avoid loss/grief and pretend Jessie isn't dead either, he sees Tifa's tears and grief, which forces him to accept reality.

In Cloud's trial, Sephiroth says "Your friend died in your arms. And you didn't shed a tear." Maybe this is supposed to parallel/foreshadow Aerith's death?

The difference is, here, he has to actively block out Tifa's reaction to maintain his delusion that Aerith is alive. When the party arrives, Barret is the first one to the altar, but we only get the Jenova static for Tifa's reaction. And then after the 5-hr long boss fight, Cloud's next Jenova headache is immediately after Tifa sighs, and that's when he starts to hallucinate Ghost!Aerith at his side. So to maintain his delusion, Cloud has to sever his emotional connection to Tifa, which ultimately makes him more susceptible to Sephiroth's gaslighting and leads to his eventual collapse as they approach the Northern Crater.

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
In Cloud's trial, Sephiroth says "Your friend died in your arms. And you didn't shed a tear." Maybe this is supposed to parallel/foreshadow Aerith's death?

The difference is, here, he has to actively block out Tifa's reaction to maintain his delusion that Aerith is alive. When the party arrives, Barret is the first one to the altar, but we only get the Jenova static for Tifa's reaction. And then after the 5-hr long boss fight, Cloud's next Jenova headache is immediately after Tifa sighs, and that's when he starts to hallucinate Ghost!Aerith at his side. So to maintain his delusion, Cloud has to sever his emotional connection to Tifa, which ultimately makes him more susceptible to Sephiroth's gaslighting and leads to his eventual collapse as they approach the Northern Crater.

No you're absolutely right. Especially about that first line. I never even linked that to now.
Its fascinating that twice Cloud has to make Jenova induced delusions for Zack and Aerith dying so he can keep continuing but it is Tifa's complete loss of faith in the memory of him at Northern Crater that is catalyst for going off the deep end. I think the fact Tifa and Cloud only have 1 single piece of dialogue in the entire last chapter is key. She emotionally ties him down and makes him remember. But blocking her out and basically taking their relationship back to square one means he doesnt need to face the truth 'yet' and keep going a little longer

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Rebirth spoilers and Part 3 Prediction:

Yeah, I’m not sure why Biggs was singled out.

But yeah, there is a clear gulf growing between Cloud and Tifa and I have a feeling we’re gonna see more of it during the lead-up to Northern Cave. I get the feeling we are gonna get something sorta similar to what happened in this game where there is tension between Tifa and Cloud from the get-go at Kalm. I expect we’ll see a lot of it again during Icicle Inn and the cliff ascent. This time, I think Tifa will be actively avoiding Cloud whereas last time she seemed a bit more confrontational. This will culminate in what occurs at the Northern Cave.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I'm totally cool with that since they need some sort of hand-wavey explanation for how Cloud/Tifa end up there without dying, and the Whispers/Weapon didn't detract from the mini-Lifestream scene in Gongaga at all.

Random musing/spit-balling with Rebirth ending spoilers:
Is there a widely agreed upon theory for why Biggs is the one in Lifestream purgatory or whatever with Zack in Rebirth vs. the other two dead AVALANCHE members? Because I don't think Biggs necessarily has more unfinished business than the other two. The only clear difference I can see between Biggs' and Jessie's "deaths" is that Cloud sees Biggs "die" alone while Tifa is also present for Jessie's.

I guess I'm wondering if the whole Cloud deluding himself about a dead friend being alive thing has happened before, not just with Zack, but with Biggs as well, and that's why those are the two in "Zack's World" in Rebirth. IIRC, they don't bring up Biggs being dead at all in Rebirth, like sure it's implied, but it leaves enough space for Cloud to delude himself into thinking that Biggs was just critically injured at the plate and left in Midgar to recover.

Even during Cloud's Trial at ToTA, Cloud relives Biggs "death" but Sephiroth only taunts him about Jessie's.

We know that Tifa is the only one who can bring out Real!Cloud, but I wonder if we're also supposed to see Tifa as the one who is tethering SOLDIER!Cloud to reality? SOLDIER!Cloud is still especially attuned to Tifa's emotions, so even though he'd like to avoid loss/grief and pretend Jessie isn't dead either, he sees Tifa's tears and grief, which forces him to accept reality.

OK about Zack's scenes:
Biggs is here because Aerith knows him and she doesn't know the other two Avalanche members who died. It's Aerith's "world", a sort of reflection of "our" world, but I suspect self-contained to Midgar. Why does it exist? To save Zack. Which is why a new reality is created every time he decides on something. And every time he fails, he's brought back at the church. IDK why people are seeing CA lol this game drips ZA to me. Heavily. Biggs is also here I think to get us on Cloud's favourite theme after the game: the survivor guilt (I'm surprised some people haven't caught that Biggs has survivor's guilt). Also Zack needs someone to notice that something is wrong with the timeline - Biggs talks about a Cloud that's very different of the one he knows, and how could they know him since they just got there? It spurs him into action.

For the rest it's something that's on the back of my head for quite some time now: since Tifa grounds Cloud, real!Cloud comes more easily, Cloud regains his memories and is nicer overall than in Remake.

Now, ending spoiler and I have to apologise to someone whose post I can't find about a certain connection between Sephiroth and... well, spoilers:
Sooooooooooo it looks like by the end, the black Whispers and the two new Weapons are having a fight where the Weapons have to run away from, due to the sheer amount of black Whispers around the scene. Which scene? Well, Tifa's precious memories in the Lifestream.

So yes Sephiroth wanted access to that particular memory and I feel this is going to play a BIG PART next time and absolutely no one is talking about it because nearly no one noticed it.

So the question is, did Sephiroth set a trap, in case killing Tifa wouldn't work at Gongaga? Not sure but he sure did want to access those memories. After seeing Gongaga, even if I loved it, my first thought was "but Tifa has to NOT know about this for the LS scene to work".

It's getting super late so here is my chat about it in a GC:

it's going to be SUPER IMPORTANT
in the OG it was THE scene that proved Cloud was the true Cloud
but here they don't have any scene left to explore that Tifa doesn't know
except the Nibelheim incident, but for this one, they need to know that he's the real Cloud before, that he's not making up stuff through Jenova
it is the only thing that is left
Cloud's feelings for Tifa; we only saw a bit in the GS date BUT we know it's just fanservice. The devs don't think about it as part of the main story (sorry that's true). It's a what if situation. However it is definitely a taste of what's to come. It's them saying "hey look, Cloud and Tifa are a ROMANTIC thing"
so in short, as I see it. The Lifestream scene can ONLY BE MORE ROMANTIC than in the OG
because it's ALL they have left: their feelings for each other. Sephiroth keeps claiming CLoud's a puppet with no feeling
if he has no feeling, why does he love Tifa so much?
that's how I see it; Sephiroth only talks about sadness, anger, things he CAN understand and FEEL. But LOVE? LOL when I saw him gaslighting Cloud I was like "LOL you're SO GOING UNDER BY THE POWER OF LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP MY DUDE"
and that was before the whispers thing
he knows that Tifa pieces him back thanks to their memories (the scene has the bridge in focus)
I think that's something he can grasp and so he acted on that

Well those are my incoherent thoughts right now. Goodnight :D

Last edited:

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
OK about Zack's scenes:
Biggs is here because Aerith knows him and she doesn't know the other two Avalanche members who died. It's Aerith's "world", a sort of reflection of "our" world, but I suspect self-contained to Midgar. Why does it exist? To save Zack. Which is why a new reality is created every time he decides on something. And every time he fails, he's brought back at the church. IDK why people are seeing CA lol this game drips ZA to me. Heavily. Biggs is also here I think to get us on Cloud's favourite theme after the game: the survivor guilt (I'm surprised some people haven't caught that Biggs has survivor's guilt). Also Zack needs someone to notice that something is wrong with the timeline - Biggs talks about a Cloud that's very different of the one he knows, and how could they know him since they just got there? It spurs him into action.

For the rest it's something that's on the back of my head for quite some time now: since Tifa grounds Cloud, real!Cloud comes more easily, Cloud regains his memories and is nicer overall than in Remake.

Now, ending spoiler and I have to apologise to someone whose post I can't find about a certain connection between Sephiroth and... well, spoilers:
Sooooooooooo it looks like by the end, the black Whispers and the two new Weapons are having a fight where the Weapons have to run away from, due to the sheer amount of black Whispers around the scene. Which scene? Well, Tifa's precious memories in the Lifestream.

So yes Sephiroth wanted access to that particular memory and I feel this is going to play a BIG PART next time and absolutely no one is talking about it because nearly no one noticed it.

So the question is, did Sephiroth set a trap, in case killing Tifa wouldn't work at Gongaga? Not sure but he sure did want to access those memories. After seeing Gongaga, even if I loved it, my first thought was "but Tifa has to NOT know about this for the LS scene to work".

It's getting super late so here is my chat about it in a GC:

except the Nibelheim incident, but for this one, they need to know that he's the real Cloud before, that he's not making up stuff through Jenova
it is the only thing that is left
Cloud's feelings for Tifa; we only saw a bit in the GS date BUT we know it's just fanservice. The devs don't think about it as part of the main story (sorry that's true). It's a what if situation. However it is definitely a taste of what's to come. It's them saying "hey look, Cloud and Tifa are a ROMANTIC thing"
so in short, as I see it. The Lifestream scene can ONLY BE MORE ROMANTIC than in the OG
because it's ALL they have left: their feelings for each other. Sephiroth keeps claiming CLoud's a puppet with no feeling
if he has no feeling, why does he love Tifa so much?
that's how I see it; Sephiroth only talks about sadness, anger, things he CAN understand and FEEL. But LOVE? LOL when I saw him gaslighting Cloud I was like "LOL you're SO GOING UNDER BY THE POWER OF LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP MY DUDE"
and that was before the whispers thing
he knows that Tifa pieces him back thanks to their memories (the scene has the bridge in focus)
I think that's something he can grasp and so he acted on that

Well those are my incoherent thoughts right now. Goodnight :D
Yeh essentially they've changed this scene to be the main lifestream scene instead of Cloud saving Tifa on the bridge. Notice how much they focus on Cloud sitting on the water tower looking into Tifas room this game as well...

133848967dca4a5e66cbf8f87f11a0bd4f4c05e5.png

insanehobbit

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, I think the other most likely explanation for Biggs is that all the Lifestream stuff is formed through Aerith's hopes/dreams, etc., but iirc, the fact that Biggs and Aerith know each other is pretty missable dialogue in Remake/ToTP? Whereas what got me thinking it might have to do with Cloud is that his "death" was shown again at Cloud's Trial right before the ending of Rebirth, so I wondered if it's meant to have another layer of significance.

Looking back on it, it feels like a pretty arbitrary choice in Remake for Cloud to be the only one there for Biggs dying and then have Tifa join Cloud for Jessie's death. In the OG, they go up together, and even if they wanted to add the dramatic handgrab in Remake (which I loved, obviously lol), why does that happen after Cloud finds Biggs, not before?

I wonder if it was to intentionally parallel the circumstances of two other important deaths for Cloud? Like with Zack, Cloud faces Biggs' death alone, whereas like with Aerith, Tifa is also present for Jessie's death. The deaths are similar in other ways too, Biggs holds the back of Cloud's head like Zack did, and Cloud is holding Jessie in his arms/holding her hand as she dies like with Aerith. (Superficially similar character-wise too, Biggs the older-bro type, and Jessie the girl who maybe has a crush on him).

I agree with everything @Eerie is saying, but I also think the Lifestream sequence in general is so hilariously misunderstood, because even in the OG it's always been about Cloud's feelings for Tifa? It's not about Tifa going through the greatest hits of Cloud being delusional and telling him what actually happened. The reason we're shown those three specific memories aren't because of what happens in the memories themselves but because of how Cloud feels in those moments. It explains his motivations/fears leading up to the Nibelheim Incident and why he would "remember" an illusion where he pretends he was Zack instead of the infantryman.

When the sequence begins, they try to tackle the Nibelheim Incident first but they're unable to unpack it yet, because Cloud only becomes comfortable sharing the truth after he sees how Tifa reacts to the emotional revelations from Mt. Nibel and the Promise -- he begins to understand that she might actually love him for him, not the SOLDIER he promised to be, and it's only then that he's able to admit the truth that terrifies him the most, the truth he's been hiding from himself for so long.

What actually happened at Nibelheim five years ago is the game's big reveal, but you can only understand why there was so much mystery/confusion over the incident by understanding Cloud's motivation for "lying" in the first place. And of course, all of it comes back to his feelings for Tifa.

I think it's great that Remake/Rebirth has already set up all the memories that will come into play in this sequence. There's no need to waste time on exposition, now the focus can be entirely on their feelings.

CldS7

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Luffy76
Yeah, I think the other most likely explanation for Biggs is that all the Lifestream stuff is formed through Aerith's hopes/dreams, etc., but iirc, the fact that Biggs and Aerith know each other is pretty missable dialogue in Remake/ToTP? Whereas what got me thinking it might have to do with Cloud is that his "death" was shown again at Cloud's Trial right before the ending of Rebirth, so I wondered if it's meant to have another layer of significance.

Looking back on it, it feels like a pretty arbitrary choice in Remake for Cloud to be the only one there for Biggs dying and then have Tifa join Cloud for Jessie's death. In the OG, they go up together, and even if they wanted to add the dramatic handgrab in Remake (which I loved, obviously lol), why does that happen after Cloud finds Biggs, not before?

I wonder if it was to intentionally parallel the circumstances of two other important deaths for Cloud? Like with Zack, Cloud faces Biggs' death alone, whereas like with Aerith, Tifa is also present for Jessie's death. The deaths are similar in other ways too, Biggs holds the back of Cloud's head like Zack did, and Cloud is holding Jessie in his arms/holding her hand as she dies like with Aerith. (Superficially similar character-wise too, Biggs the older-bro type, and Jessie the girl who maybe has a crush on him).

I agree with everything @Eerie is saying, but I also think the Lifestream sequence in general is so hilariously misunderstood, because even in the OG it's always been about Cloud's feelings for Tifa? It's not about Tifa going through the greatest hits of Cloud being delusional and telling him what actually happened. The reason we're shown those three specific memories aren't because of what happens in the memories themselves but because of how Cloud feels in those moments. It explains his motivations/fears leading up to the Nibelheim Incident and why he would "remember" an illusion where he pretends he was Zack instead of the infantryman.

When the sequence begins, they try to tackle the Nibelheim Incident first but they're unable to unpack it yet, because Cloud only becomes comfortable sharing the truth after he sees how Tifa reacts to the emotional revelations from Mt. Nibel and the Promise -- he begins to understand that she might actually love him for him, not the SOLDIER he promised to be, and it's only then that he's able to admit the truth that terrifies him the most, the truth he's been hiding from himself for so long.

What actually happened at Nibelheim five years ago is the game's big reveal, but you can only understand why there was so much mystery/confusion over the incident by understanding Cloud's motivation for "lying" in the first place. And of course, all of it comes back to his feelings for Tifa.

I think it's great that Remake/Rebirth has already set up all the memories that will come into play in this sequence. There's no need to waste time on exposition, now the focus can be entirely on their feelings.
whats crazy is with the focus of the whole sequence going to be on Cloud and Tifas feelings for each other how does that change underneath the highland scene as well. Cause crazily enough I genuinely think they're setting up an "I love you" for the Lifestream sequence as well

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
whats crazy is with the focus of the whole sequence going to be on Cloud and Tifas feelings for each other how does that change underneath the highland scene as well. Cause crazily enough I genuinely think they're setting up an "I love you" for the Lifestream sequence as well
I don’t think they will say it. “Words aren’t the only way to express how you feel.” They’ll show it, won’t say it. But I do wonder how explicit they can get with a T-rating. I think that just because their communication seems to have gotten better, it doesn’t mean they will change that dynamic.

Eerie

Fire and Blood

In Aerith's part of ToTP, the girls realise that X is Biggs and that he's the owner of the orphanage in sector 5, so pretty big still.

About the Lifestream sequence, I'm always like "isn't it VERY obvious that it's a romantic moment, a love confession from Cloud to Tifa and that no, no one else can replace her there? This is the answer to the LT, right here and there."

I just don't understand how people can misunderstand that scene SO MUCH. That's why I already felt we miiiiiight get a kiss there to punctuate the fact that it's romantic. If Nojima wants to dispel all the Lifestream scene misconceptions, that scene's gonna last 3 hours lol. But yeah, seeing that:
tifaslifestream.PNG
at the end of the game? I went nuts yesterday XD It really solidified to me the fact that the LS scene can only be more romantic than what it was in the OG. I also thought there are smaller bits from ToTP that they can include, like him actually searching for Maru, so that he'd make sure that her cat was fine (the only cat who can stand him BTW) and that Tifa wouldn't get sad. Or why he stopped coming over her house even before her mum's death.

Edit: also I forgot (ending spoiler)
When Sephiroth gaslight Cloud thinking only negative emotions matter, I immediately thought "oh dude, you're so going under BY THE POWER OF LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP" lol

Last edited:

insanehobbit

Pro Adventurer
View attachment 15219
at the end of the game? I went nuts yesterday XD It really solidified to me the fact that the LS scene can only be more romantic than what it was in the OG. I also thought there are smaller bits from ToTP that they can include, like him actually searching for Maru, so that he'd make sure that her cat was fine (the only cat who can stand him BTW) and that Tifa wouldn't get sad. Or why he stopped coming over her house even before her mum's death.
Holy shit, I didn't realize that was from the very end of the game. I definitely did not catch that on my first playthrough (granted, I did beat the game at like 2 AM so LOL).

I just remembered that the very first Jenova headache Cloud has in Remake is of kid!Tifa waving at him/asking if he's ignoring her, but the Ultimania implies that this memory isn't the actual truth, right? So that's definitely got to be addressed in the Lifestream sequence as well.

I love how much they've started to clear up their misconceptions of each other from childhood during Rebirth (Tifa doesn't actually make friends easily, Cloud doesn't actually like being alone), but they still do it in a way that tiptoes around their feelings for each other. After ToTP, I think the only thing we don't know for sure is why Cloud and Tifa stopped hanging out when they were kids before Tifa's mom died, right? So I think that's something that will have to be answered as well (probably related to the aforementioned Remake flashback.)

It does feel like in the process of putting Cloud back together, the Lifestream sequence is really just going to feel like one long mutual confession. Kid!Cloud thought Tifa making other friends meant that she wasn't interested in him. Kid!Tifa thought Cloud rejecting their invitations to hangout meant he wasn't interested in her. Teen!Tifa thought Cloud not confessing on the Water Tower meant he didn't like her like that. Teen!Cloud thought Tifa asking him to make a promise on the tower meant that she would only like him if he became a SOLDIER. When in reality, they've pretty much been in love with each other their entire damn lives.

God, I love these two idiots so much.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
About the Lifestream sequence, I'm always like "isn't it VERY obvious that it's a romantic moment, a love confession from Cloud to Tifa and that no, no one else can replace her there? This is the answer to the LT, right here and there."

I just don't understand how people can misunderstand that scene SO MUCH. That's why I already felt we miiiiiight get a kiss there to punctuate the fact that it's romantic. If Nojima wants to dispel all the Lifestream scene misconceptions, that scene's gonna last 3 hours lol. But yeah, seeing that:
View attachment 15219
I'm okay with the idea of a more romantic LS scene. And I think it will happen, that's why they're starting pretty early showing us the nature of their current relation.
But I prefer to wait and not get to excited over this picture. I know it's lame and anticlimatic, but it could just be a re-use of their existing LS asset for Tifa's chapter 9 scene. But i'm all in if it's really what they were aiming for.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
Holy shit, I didn't realize that was from the very end of the game. I definitely did not catch that on my first playthrough (granted, I did beat the game at like 2 AM so LOL).

I just remembered that the very first Jenova headache Cloud has in Remake is of kid!Tifa waving at him/asking if he's ignoring her, but the Ultimania implies that this memory isn't the actual truth, right? So that's definitely got to be addressed in the Lifestream sequence as well.

I love how much they've started to clear up their misconceptions of each other from childhood during Rebirth (Tifa doesn't actually make friends easily, Cloud doesn't actually like being alone), but they still do it in a way that tiptoes around their feelings for each other. After ToTP, I think the only thing we don't know for sure is why Cloud and Tifa stopped hanging out when they were kids before Tifa's mom died, right? So I think that's something that will have to be answered as well (probably related to the aforementioned Remake flashback.)

It does feel like in the process of putting Cloud back together, the Lifestream sequence is really just going to feel like one long mutual confession. Kid!Cloud thought Tifa making other friends meant that she wasn't interested in him. Kid!Tifa thought Cloud rejecting their invitations to hangout meant he wasn't interested in her. Teen!Tifa thought Cloud not confessing on the Water Tower meant he didn't like her like that. Teen!Cloud thought Tifa asking him to make a promise on the tower meant that she would only like him if he became a SOLDIER. When in reality, they've pretty much been in love with each other their entire damn lives.

I’m not sure what both of you are referring to in the screenshots @Eerie posted. It’s hard to see for me. Is this something from Remake?

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
I’m not sure what both of you are referring to in the screenshots @Eerie posted. It’s hard to see for me. Is this something from Remake?
It's a screenshot from the ending LS scene. We can see on the picture it's located where Tifa search her memories in chapter 9. Sephiroth Whispers are attacking/infiltrating the future LS scene where Cloud is supposed to learn the truth. We can see the bridge and the house.

cgnVirtue

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Virtue

God, I really have to finish Traces of Two Pasts. The parts I’ve read so far where Tifa realizes her feelings towards Cloud make me feel like I’m reading her diary lol. They’re so adorable.

Anyways, I really like that you pointed out that they’ve been in love with each other basically their whole lives. It seems so obvious from their every interaction with each other dripping with romantic undertones but I actually had to remind myself multiple times during Rebirth that they still haven’t told each other how they feel yet. I caught myself multiple times throughout the story thinking for some reason that they would be sleeping in the same room only to be reminded that, for all they know, they’re just really really physically intimate “more-than-friends-but-not-yet-bf-gf”. I mean, even the party reacts to their first “argument” in Kalm like they were a couple fighting. Even Yuffie gets it later in Gongaga. Yuffie! And she knows them for what, chronologically like a few days? A week? It seems like everyone knows it. Yet Cloud and Tifa seem to be the only two characters that are completely oblivious to it (outside of the Gold Saucer date).
The Lifestream payoff is gonna go so hard. The wait is killing me. :dizzy:

Last edited:

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
God, I really have to finish Traces of Two Pasts. The parts I’ve read so far where Tifa realizes her feelings towards Cloud make me feel like I’m reading her diary lol. They’re so adorable.

Anyways, I really like that you pointed out that they’ve been in love with each other basically their whole lives. It seems so obvious from their every interaction with each other dripping with romantic undertones but I actually had to remind myself multiple times during Rebirth that they still haven’t told each other how they feel yet. I caught myself multiple times throughout the story thinking for some reason that they would be sleeping in the same room only to be reminded that, for all they know, they’re just really really physically intimate “more-than-friends-but-not-yet-bf-gf”. I mean, even the party reacts to their first “argument” in Kalm like they were a couple fighting. Even Yuffie gets it later in Gongaga. Yuffie! And she knows them for what, chronologically like a few days? A week? It seems like everyone knows it. Yet Cloud and Tifa seem to be the only two characters that are completely oblivious to it (outside of the Gold Saucer date).
The Lifestream payoff is gonna go so hard. I can hardly wait.
Well. The thing is, Tifa love the real Cloud. That's the whole point of the LS payoff. Of course she wants to be with him now, but in the same time, she doubt because it's not really the Cloud she knows. She's even afraid by the end of Rebirth. Of course she'll always be close to him, even more when he starts loosing it. But for now she wants to know and discovered what happened to him. That's why I think they're not a thing yet. And well... the world is in danger so... priority and all.

cgnVirtue

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Virtue
Well. The thing is, Tifa love the real Cloud. That's the whole point of the LS payoff. Of course she wants to be with him now, but in the same time, she doubt because it's not really the Cloud she knows. She's even afraid by the end of Rebirth. Of course she'll always be close to him, even more when he starts loosing it. But for now she wants to know and discovered what happened to him. That's why I think they're not a thing yet. And well... the world is in danger so... priority and all.
Oh yeah I get that. I almost forgot that detail going into Ch. 13-14 because I got her for the GS date lol. Then the game reminded me that “hey, there’s still one more game.” By the time I was finished Rebirth it’s like “okay. Well now they need to go to the Northern Crater so Cloud can have his breakdown and Tifa can piece that poor boy back together in the Lifestream.”

And that’s what’s gonna make the payoff so good. They’re both so close to finding out the truth. About both Nibelheim and about each other.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
It's a screenshot from the ending LS scene. We can see on the picture it's located where Tifa search her memories in chapter 9. Sephiroth Whispers are attacking/infiltrating the future LS scene where Cloud is supposed to learn the truth. We can see the bridge and the house.
This is not the future LS scene, these are Tifa’s memories especially. We specifically see Stargazer Heights too, in fact it’s the first thing I saw there.

Top Bottom