Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

Danna

世界にたった&#
Thanks for the translations, Danna. Very interesting.

I'm a little confused by this one:

Does he mean it's Tifa's place (role) to stop him? Or is it referring to a literal place (7th Heaven) somehow? I have a feeling the meaning is obvious, but my blood sugar is too low at the moment. :P

He means 7th Heaven is Tifa's place. Do you have any suggestions to put it in another way to make it clearer? xD

Lily Ella~ Only Case of Barret that it has mentioned Cloud and Tifa in that sort of way. Case of Yuffie is just pretty funny and cute as well as Case of Nanaki even though there is no Cloti in there.

For example, there is a part that Yuffie met Nanaki again after 2 years

Yuffie: Did you get bigger??

Nanaki: No, I don't feel anything like that.

Yuffie: Surely you are no cute now!

Nanaki: How cruel!

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
Oh, ok. I heard that in Yuffie's story, there was a part where she talks to Tifa, and then to Cloud about Tifa. I guess that it was just someone making stuff up?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Danna, try 'This place is Tifa's' instead. Removes the slight ambiguity of the current wording.

Out of curiosity, and just to make sure, what is your native language, Danna?

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
For example, there is a part that Yuffie met Nanaki again after 2 years

Yuffie: Did you get bigger??

Nanaki: No, I don't feel anything like that.

Yuffie: Surely you are no cute now!

Nanaki: How cruel!
Lawl, that sounds really funny. XDD I'm really looking forward to Case of Yuffie for some reason, and Case of Nanaki too. Thanks again! :)

Danna

世界にたった&#
Lily Ella~ There are those parts like that as well. I thought you mean something like Cloti interactions or something.

Well basically, before everyone departed, Yuffie was being a crybaby about how she need everyone's mataria to herself. She said it'd still be good even if they gave her only a half. Then, she reminded everyone how she did save everyone's ass so Tifa kinda went along and praised her as being a good nakama making Yuffie blushed. In the end, Cloud said they will give all of materia to her, but he will keep them for her instead.

--That's all I remember

Danna

世界にたった&#
Danna, try 'This place is Tifa's' instead. Removes the slight ambiguity of the current wording.

Out of curiosity, and just to make sure, what is your native language, Danna?

Thanks <3 I'll fix my translation as you suggested.

My native language is Thai.

Sheepy

Pro Adventurer
Lily Ella~ There are those parts like that as well. I thought you mean something like Cloti interactions or something.

Well basically, before everyone departed, Yuffie was being a crybaby about how she need everyone's mataria to herself. She said it'd still be good even if they gave her only a half. Then, she reminded everyone how she did save everyone's ass so Tifa kinda went along and praised her as being a good nakama making Yuffie blushed. In the end, Cloud said they will give all of materia to her, but he will keep them for her instead.

--That's all I remember

Of course, Yuffie's story had to have materia in it. XD Aaaw @ Tifa making her blush. :3

Isabella

Your Mom
I guess I'm still feeling dense. Why would Tifa's place being at 7th Heaven mean that Cloud can't try to stop Barret from leaving? I'm not seeing why those two ideas are connected.

It isn't a problem with your translation, Danna. :) Thank you very much for doing it. It's either a problem with the story itself, or (more likely) a road block in my brain. :P

A

Great Old One
Actually, I'm with Isabella there. Is it Tifa's place they're talking about or Seventh Heaven literally? :loopy:

Danna

&#19990;&#30028;&#12395;&#12383;&#12387;&#12383;&#
I guess I'm still feeling dense. Why would Tifa's place being at 7th Heaven mean that Cloud can't try to stop Barret from leaving? I'm not seeing why those two ideas are connected.

It isn't a problem with your translation, Danna. :) Thank you very much for doing it. It's either a problem with the story itself, or (more likely) a road block in my brain. :P

I think Barret means this is a place for Tifa to settle her past but not for him :) So Cloud didn't stop Barret from leaving because he understood that here is not a place for Barret.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
OK, I think I can kinda follow that. Barret and Cloud both understand that they each have to "settle their past" in their own ways, and Tifa's way is at 7th Heaven.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
(Cloud) "Because this time it will be together with you, Tifa."

(Tifa) "Haven't I always been with you?"

(Cloud) "It's kind of different in some ways."

Cloud replied, smiling again.

Now, who was it that kept crowing that Cloud didn't say he was starting his new life with Tifa...

Why, this is just perfect. ;) Thanks for the translations, Danna. <3 Cloud is so sweet in this scene. It's kind of... refreshing, lol.

Danna

I don't know if anyone has seen this before too 'cause I couldn't find it translated anywhere.

From Cloud's bio in 10th Ultimania

"Cloud regains his courage to move forward by receiving encouragement from his once comrades, and his important woman, Tifa who is also his family now."

Moreover, this one is from Tifa's bio "Tifa is not only Cloud's childhood friend anymore, but she is also the mother of the family they have builded in Edge."

I think I just post all I have so far.

A

Great Old One
I think that's a quote from a while back Danna ~

However, there is one where it mentions that Tifa is Cloud's catalyst. :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I don't know if anyone has seen this before too 'cause I couldn't find it translated anywhere.

From Cloud's bio in 10th Ultimania

"Cloud regains his courage to move forward by receiving encouragement from his once comrades, and his important woman, Tifa who is also his family now."

Moreover, this one is from Tifa's bio "Tifa is not only Cloud's childhood friend anymore, but she is also the mother of the family they have builded in Edge."

I think I just post all I have so far.

Danna, Vilaleth/Hitoshura has already translated all of those entries. You can see them all on the front page, under the 10th Aniversary Ultimania translation heading.

Danna

lol You mean the koibito thing? I haven't kept up with Cloti fandom for a very long while so I have no idea what's going on.

Danna, Vilaleth/Hitoshura has already translated all of those entries. You can see them all on the front page, under the 10th Aniversary Ultimania translation heading.

Thanks. Oh I think I remember her from AC.net.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Him, actually, but yes, he did translations back there as well.

And A refers to the recent Dengeki interviews, also up on the front page.

Danna

lol sorry I don't mean to be mean but all those times I have been on AC.net I thought Vilaleth is a girl xD

Ryushikaze~You mean Dengeki PS3 with Cloud on the cover?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I believe so, yes. The one with the ACC creator interviews and character profiles.

Danna

Ahh ok thanks again. There are so many FFVII info books on sale at the same time. I couldn't even remember which one I bought already @_@

Edit: I don't know if anyone has already seen FFVII ACC postcard book?

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
:o I did not realize hito was also villy! I remember seeing him on the CxA forums and saying stuff about how you probably would not call your grandma your 'koibito' because some people were using the 'sweetheart' translation to mean she's a nice person. I was like "Daaaang, you have some serious cojones." :awesomonster:

Top Bottom