Faith v. 3.0 (Cloti Club)

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
Aw, man, I'm getting scared now.

I bought the Ultimania to use as a cheat sheet for Hard Mode. I know how much HP and what to equip before each boss battle now. But after all that and if I still die during the boss fights, then I'll know how badly I suck. :(

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Aw, man, I'm getting scared now.

I bought the Ultimania to use as a cheat sheet for Hard Mode. I know how much HP and what to equip before each boss battle now. But after all that and if I still die during the boss fights, then I'll know how badly I suck. :(

Don't worry!! If you already know all that you will do just fine! ^^ ( hard mode is just more annoying bc they take longer to die D:)

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
Back hugging Cloti and shirtless Cloud to feast our eyes on

Editing to say: I think back hugs are cute. But, I got a back hug once from my guy friend. Guy wrapped his arms way too tight around my stomach, and I couldn't breathe. His arms felt like boa constrictors. So I hope Cloud remembers to be more gentle the next time he hugs Tifa, which will happen again. I'm calling it! These two are so inexperienced, it makes me panic for them.

Last edited:

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
Either this is a continuity error or I'm missing something:

This is from the scene Denzel finds Cloud's phone and has a geostigma attack. So at first I'm like yeah, Cloud's run off and is ignoring Tifa's calls for the last two months. But if you read Case of Tifa the timing is wrong. Cloud doesn't leave Seventh Heaven until after Denzel is living with the family for some time; Case of Tifa pg. 5 and 6

Now Marlene does state that things weren't going well between Cloud and Tifa. It's possible he could be shutting her out by ignoring her calls and still living under their roof, but the story goes on to say that they're having surface level conversations during that time. Cloud shouldn't have two months of missed calls from Seventh Heaven when he finds Denzel, no? (maybe more as is says 2/3 pages on the phone display bar)

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
Editing to say: I think back hugs are cute. But, I got a back hug once from my guy friend. Guy wrapped his arms way too tight around my stomach, and I couldn't breathe. His arms felt like boa constrictors. So I hope Cloud remembers to be more gentle the next time he hugs Tifa, which will happen again. I'm calling it! These two are so inexperienced, it makes me panic for them.

Cloud's already got quite a bit of experience hugging Tifa in Remake Part 1, I think he'll do fine ;)

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer

This is from the scene Denzel finds Cloud's phone and has a geostigma attack. So at first I'm like yeah, Cloud's run off and is ignoring Tifa's calls for the last two months. But if you read Case of Tifa the timing is wrong. Cloud doesn't leave Seventh Heaven until after Denzel is living with the family for some time; Case of Tifa pg. 5 and 6

Now Marlene does state that things weren't going well between Cloud and Tifa. It's possible he could be shutting her out by ignoring her calls and still living under their roof, but the story goes on to say that they're having surface level conversations during that time. Cloud shouldn't have two months of missed calls from Seventh Heaven when he finds Denzel, no? (maybe more as is says 2/3 pages on the phone display bar)

I was just under the impression that Cloud never answers the phone. He just listens to his voicemail to get what people want to communicate to him. while he's out.

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
I'm just thinking of screenwriters intent. You don't show 2 months of missed calls from home (7th Heaven) just to say he never answers his phone. Basically Cloud was working and going to grieve at the church, then heading back to the bar and being closed off/spaced out. So there's an emotional distance before the physical distance. IMO it's kind of a shitty thing to ghost Tifa's calls, but he does apologize and answer her on the first ring in the bonus feature:

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer

Potential continuity issues aside, what I appreciated most from this is how it shows Tifa knows how to give Cloud space but still show that she cares. Her calls are spread out to almost once per week.

Placing myself in her shoes, it must be so difficult to patiently wait for Cloud to hopefully respond but still trusting him enough to let him do his thing and calls in once awhile. I really believe the time in Mideel and in the lifestream has made her the perfect partner for Cloud. If she was willing to be by his side when Cloud was in a wheelchair, what's a few weeks or even months for her.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
There's was an FFVII ship poll on twitter and Cloti got #4 place with 6,167 votes :joy:

Good to remind it was a "just for fun" poll among the fandom, nothing serious, but still...this a LOT of votes lol

Edit: since I know you guys will be curious: Clertih #10, Zerith #8 and Aerti #5 (< :@:@:@) Top 3 is up to been seen

Last edited:

iamhorde

Pro Adventurer
There's was an FFVII ship poll on twitter and Cloti got #4 place with 6,167 votes :joy:

Good to remind it was a "just for fun" poll among the fandom, nothing serious, but still...this a LOT of votes lol

Edit: since I know you guys will be curious: Clertih #10, Zerith #8 and Aerti #5 (< :@:@:@) Top 3 is up to been seen

Well, never saw this one coming. Never could have, not in a million alternate universes.

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
I'm just thinking of screenwriters intent. You don't show 2 months of missed calls from home (7th Heaven) just to say he never answers his phone. Basically Cloud was working and going to grieve at the church, then heading back to the bar and being closed off/spaced out. So there's an emotional distance before the physical distance. IMO it's kind of a shitty thing to ghost Tifa's calls, but he does apologize and answer her on the first ring in the bonus feature:

I agree! I think this is there to show how Cloud was slowly closing himself off from everyone and falling into his guilt-induced depression long before geostigma kicked it ( which it's what we pretty much saw in CoT).

That said, this is also a good contrast with his "Reminiscence of FFVII" self. It shows once again that things are finally okay to him after he let go of his guilty :')

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
@Edley It may be continuity, but it also isn't out of the ordinary when couples go through stuff after the honeymoon phase is over. I remember reading Ikuemi Ryou's Watashi ga itemo inakutemo/私がいてもいなくても, and this exact same scenario happened in her story.

A couple were going through things, and at one point, the guy starts hanging out with the main character, and stops picking up his phone, but there were pages and pages of him just listening to his girlfriend's messages on his voicemails. I hated his guts to be honest. Like, he clearly missed her, but he refused to call her back, and on top of that he was spending time with another girl.

I do think it's a shitty thing to do to a loved one, but then I also do take into consideration Cloud was going through stuff mentally, and the way he looked so hunched over with guilt when Tifa confronted him, made me at least sense he knew he wronged her and the kids.

Also, was he going to grieve at the church? I don't remembering that happening. Thought he was just working.

Last edited:

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
@Edley It may be continuity, but it also isn't out of the ordinary when couples go through stuff after the honeymoon phase is over. I remember reading Ikuemi Ryou's Watashi ga itemo inakutemo/私がいてもいなくても, and this exact same scenario happened in her story.

A couple were going through things, and at one point, the guy starts hanging out with the main character, and stops picking up his phone, but there were pages and pages of him just listening to his girlfriend's messages on his voicemails. I hated his guts to be honest. Like, he clearly missed her, but he refused to call her back, and on top of that he was spending time with another girl.

I do think it's a shitty thing to do to a loved one, but then I also do take into consideration Cloud was going through stuff mentally, and the way he looked so hunched over with guilt when Tifa confronted him, made me at least sense he knew he wronged her and the kids.

Also, was he going to grieve at the church? I don't remembering that happening. Thought he was just working.

No doubt, when I was younger I had a depressive episode and stopped answering calls from family and friends for a while, but it wasn't like I stopped caring about them. Cloud's also 22 years old and shown to be emotionally stunted. Tifa has the patience of a saint, but she's also got her own life to live and was dealing with her own feelings of survivor's remorse as well.

As far as the church goes, the last dialogue exchange between them Case of Tifa pg. 6 when he admits to going to the church.

odekopeko

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Peko
No doubt, when I was younger I had a depressive episode and stopped answering calls from family and friends for a while, but it wasn't like I stopped caring about them. Cloud's also 22 years old and shown to be emotionally stunted. Tifa has the patience of a saint, but she's also got her own life to live and was dealing with her own feelings of survivor's remorse as well.

As far as the church goes, the last dialogue exchange between them Case of Tifa pg. 6 when he admits to going to the church.
Ah ok, thanks. Not sure how I forgot that important part. But was it an ongoing thing? I plan to reread once my Jp copy comes in tomorrow.

Anyway, depression sucks for the person going through it and for the loved ones watching someone suffer through it. Sorry you had to go through that. I'm usually the family member or friend who doesn't know what to do in that situation.

What I like about Tifa is she deals with grief and sadness by putting energy into more positive things, like taking care of Denzel and Marlene. She doesn't live inside her head and shut people out the way Cloud does. They're alike in some ways, but they handle things differently, and that's why I think she's perfect for him. Any other woman would have left him and never looked back.

As for Cloud, before the guilt and restlessness set in, he was laughing and having a good time with Tifa. He just makes her so happy when he's himself and not depressed. That look she gave him at the end of ACC and his shy smile back was really all I needed to know they'd be okay.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
Over 4 hours of, you guessed it Tifa cut scenes. Can you watch this in one sitting. :salute: That is a lot of Tifa.

I find this interesting, although it could be because of the editing but there are a lot of Tifa cut scenes in the Remake.

Here is over 3 hours of Aerith cut scenes.

I honestly felt while playing the game that it was pretty even with screen time. So, I thought this was interesting to say the least. Again, this could be because of the editing.

Last edited:

RhinoKart

Pro Adventurer
Over 4 hours of, you guessed it Tifa cut scenes. Can you watch this in one sitting. :salute: That is a lot of Tifa.

I honestly felt while playing the game that it was pretty even with screen time. So, I thought this was interesting to say the least. Again, this could be because of the editing.

You have a knack for posting about the exact thing I am trying to word in my head (was busy watching the Aerith scenes video when you posted this).

Tifa is present in your party for more of the game than Aerith (due to being captured by shinra) so it makes sense she got more screen time. What was interesting to me is that there was an article/interview released before remake saying that the devs had noted the Aerith vs Tifa wars and were going to give equal time to both women. My understanding is that they meant if one had a special scene, the other got a special scene.

Up to Chapter 14 this is pretty true. For every side quest in sector 7 with Tifa, you have one in sector 5. You get alone at last with Tifa and the language of flowers with Aerith. You get a flower from Aerith, you give a flower to Tifa. In chapters 10 and 11, everytime Cloud has a scene with one women, he has a mirrored scene with the other women.

Aerith is physically gone between chapters 13 to the end of chapter 16, but once she is back in the party you do get a similar amount of screen time between the two ladies again, but as we've talked about before, that equal time does not extend to equal moments with Cloud.

I just find this so fascinating from a shipping perspective, because I can't think of any reason the devs would have said they wanted to make sure both heroines got equal consideration and time but gave so much of the romance to one pairing, other than the fact they wanted people to notice Cloti is a thing.

Graymouse

Pro Adventurer
You have a knack for posting about the exact thing I am trying to word in my head (was busy watching the Aerith scenes video when you posted this).

Tifa is present in your party for more of the game than Aerith (due to being captured by shinra) so it makes sense she got more screen time. What was interesting to me is that there was an article/interview released before remake saying that the devs had noted the Aerith vs Tifa wars and were going to give equal time to both women. My understanding is that they meant if one had a special scene, the other got a special scene.

Up to Chapter 14 this is pretty true. For every side quest in sector 7 with Tifa, you have one in sector 5. You get alone at last with Tifa and the language of flowers with Aerith. You get a flower from Aerith, you give a flower to Tifa. In chapters 10 and 11, everytime Cloud has a scene with one women, he has a mirrored scene with the other women.

Aerith is physically gone between chapters 13 to the end of chapter 16, but once she is back in the party you do get a similar amount of screen time between the two ladies again, but as we've talked about before, that equal time does not extend to equal moments with Cloud.

I just find this so fascinating from a shipping perspective, because I can't think of any reason the devs would have said they wanted to make sure both heroines got equal consideration and time but gave so much of the romance to one pairing, other than the fact they wanted people to notice Cloti is a thing.

Here are few more interesting videos,

This one I have to comment on a bit because about a month ago it was brought up about who Cloud was dancing for during the Honey Bee Inn scene in the LTD thread. Here is an interesting take on that. (of course this is probably really bias). This is what I saw through the Cloud X Tifa lens, but I couldn't really convey what I was trying to say back then.

There is so much medium out there with Tifa X Cloud. It is quite overwhelming, sometimes. This is a good thing. I think the Remake has made a few more Cloud X Tifa fans.

verse1994

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
verse
As for Cloud, before the guilt and restlessness set in, he was laughing and having a good time with Tifa. He just makes her so happy when he's himself and not depressed. That look she gave him at the end of ACC and his shy smile back was really all I needed to know they'd be okay.
This is a good point. Also please correct me if I am wrong, because I want to make sure something. I feel like at the end of ACC, Tifa not only smiled to him, but also threw a kiss to cloud, didn't she? Did anyone discuss about that?

verse1994

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
verse
I think it was more like you are going to get some tonight type of look.
Yeah! Thanks! Because I barely heard people talk about this kiss, so just want to make sure it was not only me. I was trying to find if there is any official material discussing how they make sense but I unfortunately didn't find it. I was arguing with some clerith folks about this. Because from my understanding of Tifa, who is known for her shyness about romantic feeling, it is impossible for her to just throw a kiss to cloud unless they have been romantically together for a while already.

Final_Heaven

Pro Adventurer
This is a good point. Also please correct me if I am wrong, because I want to make sure something. I feel like at the end of ACC, Tifa not only smiled to him, but also threw a kiss to cloud, didn't she? Did anyone discuss about that?

I've seen fans talk about that.

Her pursing her lips like that could be read as a kiss or be a "you're getting some tonight" or even a meaningless facial animation but like, why animate it like that if it's meaningless? For me, it reads as intentional but ambiguous enough for people to deny it if they wish.

I find this interesting, although it could be because of the editing but there are a lot of Tifa cut scenes in the Remake.

Here is over 3 hours of Aerith cut scenes.

Tifa is on-screen more but she shares more of that screentime with Barret while Cloud has more one on one screentime with Aerith.

Top Bottom