Fan Reactions

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I like how some of these people are like, "Why are they still showing more games?" lol

That is kind of odd. Surely Sony knew people weren't going to be paying attention anymore after that?

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
In the reaction podcast we recorded (not yet published), I put forward the idea that more people would be interested in Uncharted 4*, since I have loads of gaming friends and only a couple of them play Final Fantasy games, while many more play Uncharted and other stuff. Based on the Youtube view counts, I guess I was pretty wrong about that.

* I meant Uncharted 4, but I said the Last of Us by mistake (same publisher!). Carlie thought I meant the Last Guardian because she had just been talking about it, and I was too confused to correct her, so that's going to sound really stupid in the podcast unless Vader decides to edit it out. :D

Lex

Administrator
@Tenny, That is exactly how I felt honestly. I forgot about everything else, and the thing I "went in" to the Sony conference for was really Uncharted 4. Uncharted 4 came about 40 minutes after the FFVII announcement and I still hadn't calmed down enough to pay attention. I very vaguely remember going "oh I should pay attention to this" and I think an image of a 4x4 got through but that was it. I barely even reacted to Shenmue 3, which was arguably even LESS likely than a VII remake, and which was announced one trailer after VII.

They really, REALLY should have waited til the end to show it XD.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
The reactions where people aren't expecting it and go.. "wait a minute.." "no way...is it??" are my favorites, haha. They're so genuine and you just feel excited along with them. You could tell which are the hardcore fans when they immediately get hints like the music playing, the slide, etc. And there are some I want to strangle when they say "what's with the 'Jaws' music?"

Anyway, found other reactions!

Tyrone Magnus is known to react to a lot of movie trailers; reaction is at @1:40

clowd

Pro Adventurer
What Im finding so entertaining is that the simple act of a child sliding down a slide getting the first reaction out of so many people

Crazy how whoever cut the trailer knew it would have that effect

CameoAmalthea

Pro Adventurer
That was really what confirmed it for me. My husband and I were pretty much not following E3 and have been pretty much offline due to business (I'm sort of breaking my online hiatus right now) - but then he pulled up the video not knowing what it was and we're watching it like slack jawed like

"Is that???" And then you see the slide and it's like "I KNOW THAT SLIDE - IT IS!!!" (I guess that slide should be noted as highly recognizable video game architecture)

My favorite thing is the fact these grown men screaming like children when they see the news. The guy in the suit climbing the chair - you're a grown man in a suit hosting what looks to be a very professional program and you're climbing onto the table and flipping chairs. It's very raw to see people so completely guard down and overcome with emotion and excitement.

I think with how long the rumors and denials from Squarenix have been going on it's become this sort of wish that you didn't think could come true - so watching reactions is like watching people witnessing a miracle. Getting something they wanted badly but never thought possible.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
You know, the most hilarious thing about this one:

are the noises the dude makes as soon as it begins. :lol:

At first he's like "Fool me once shame on you" then at 2:03 a barely suppressed, genuine "HNG" that just keeps cracking me up. :'D

This is by far my favorite one. It's funny because you can't see the trailer when it says "remake" but you can tell exactly when the words appeared XD

Lex

Administrator
^I like that one too for the glorious screaming, but I really don't like that dude's voice. I think I like the other one that was taken at E3 better.

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer
I skimmed through that 4 hour comp vid, haha. Luckily youtube shows a thumbnail over the point of the video.

Pixel

The Pixie King
These are the guys I put in the podcast 2 years ago losing their shit at the FFXV reveal

SirVival

Pro Adventurer
I just watched all of the fan reactions in this thread, not skimming through, actually watching them. My face actually hurts for smiling 4 hours straight..

P.S. It is just me or do the women in the videos seem to be reacting much more mildly to the news? I saw maybe two good ones, but most of the men are going ape shit crazy over this!

Pixel

The Pixie King
This iisn't really reaction, more of a post trailer talk from someone who knows their stuff.So its great to watch.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Has there been any news/summaries/videos regarding the reactions from the Japanese community? Has it been the same as it was in the West? I assume so, but sometimes there are surprises.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I'd really like to see more video reactions from Japanese fans. I've only seen this breakdancing guy.

I love how he does the squats too :lol:

Top Bottom