FF Newbie Starting FF7 original

• Thread starter Deleted member 13557
  • Start date

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Also I love how it mentions Hypers and Tranquilizers. Fury and Sadness can be super useful.
Very true. I utilize them every day.
14963028.jpg

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I remember specifically thinking that Aerith didn't die because there was no way in hell they'd spoil it on the fucking game packaging, strategy guide and tv commercial.

"Oh I see, they're gonna make it look like she's dead and then we can resurrect her with magic or something! Right? ....Right?"

LivingLegacy

Pro Adventurer
@ThatGuyMikey please share with us your thoughts on here if and when you get around to playing remake! All of the newcomers to FF7 I’ve seen have all been people who played remake first then went back and played OG.

I’m interested in seeing how someone new to FF7 who played OG first perceives the remake. Most of us here had played OG first, and it has a lot of nostalgia attached to us, which may have colored our impressions of remake. It’s generated A LOT of discussion. It’ll be interesting to see how someone who has played them both and recently perceives the two.

Fangu

Great Old One
Me, I am still beating myself up over the fact that I loved anime when I was 14-15, but had no idea about the Final Fantasy games because I didn't have a NES or a SNES, just a Game Boy. I was 16 when FF7 came out and if I'd had a PS1 at that time I would have played the shit out of that thing.

Luckily there was emulators 15 years later so I could get into the early/ mid FF games, then later go on to XIII and the other titles, but still. Such a fucking lost opportunity. I blame the big brother I never had -_-

D

Deleted member 13557

I still have more Jenova questions.

So, Sephiroth controlls Jenova to influence Cloud's actions, as he's been injected with Jenova cells. So I'd take it that whoever has been injected with its cells has a strong connection with Jenova, but how did Sephiroth gain that kind of control over it in the first place?

I still don't entirely understand the Jenova bosses. I get that Jenova shapeshifts but it's trapped in the Mt. Nibel reactor. Is it projecting itself or something?

I remember the first Jenova battle turning into a squid-like thing after the fact, so has Sephiroth taken pieces of Jenova (he took her head, I believe) which mutate into these beings?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal

So, Sephiroth controlls Jenova to influence Cloud's actions, as he's been injected with Jenova cells. So I'd take it that whoever has been injected with its cells has a strong connection with Jenova, but how did Sephiroth gain that kind of control over it in the first place?

I still don't entirely understand the Jenova bosses. I get that Jenova shapeshifts but it's trapped in the Mt. Nibel reactor. Is it projecting itself or something?

After the Nibelheim Incident, Hojo had Jenova moved to the Shinra Building. Remember when you saw the pink headless alien in disc 1? That was Jenova. Sephiroth, from the Northern Crater, commanded it to awaken, and take his shape. It busted out, killed the President and proceeded to lure Cloud to follow it and help it get the Black Materia.

Sephiroth took control of Jenova given his powerful will and in effect, being it's son. Sephiroth is figuratively the ultimate evolution of whatever Jenova's species is. And his powerful will is able to command that alien and its cells. Like a powerful psychic connection.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

Jenova would normally have had "influence" over Sephiroth due to her cells in his body. But due to them being so intertwined or simply his immensely strong will, he dominated her and now can influence her cells the way she would have.

After the Nibelheim incident, (in which Sephiroth took her head), Shinra moved her headless body to Midgar, which you see in Shinra HQ. Then (at Sephiroth's remote prompting), the headless body broke out of it's container and assumed Sephiroth's form, kills President Shinra, and sets off to get the Black Materia.
Birth, and Life are basically portions of itself that it's dropping off of it's Sephiorth-form to attack the party, which morph into the shape you see when fighting.
Jenova Death is the remainder. Before attacking, Sephiroth says, "This is the end of this body's usefulness" and attacks, but when the battle starts, it's Jenova, having morphed into the palette-swapped shape :monster:

D

Deleted member 13557

Jenova would normally have had "influence" over Sephiroth due to her cells in his body. But due to them being so intertwined or simply his immensely strong will, he dominated her and now can influence her cells the way she would have.

After the Nibelheim incident, (in which Sephiroth took her head), Shinra moved her headless body to Midgar, which you see in Shinra HQ. Then (at Sephiroth's remote prompting), the headless body broke out of it's container and assumed Sephiroth's form, kills President Shinra, and sets off to get the Black Materia.
Birth, and Life are basically portions of itself that it's dropping off of it's Sephiorth-form to attack the party, which morph into the shape you see when fighting.
Jenova Death is the remainder. Before attacking, Sephiroth says, "This is the end of this body's usefulness" and attacks, but when the battle starts, it's Jenova, having morphed into the palette-swapped shape :monster:
Nooow I see.

My god I feel dumb

D

Deleted member 13557

Because I remember the first Jenova boss resulting after Sephiroth flew away, and after the fact a squid-esque arm remained. So that "squid arm" fell out of Jenova shapeshifted as Sephiroth, turned into the boss, was defeated and returned to that state? And because of the reunion all of its missing pieces essentially reform.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
And then Synthesis is all the cells that had gathered there at the start of Disc 2 (including the head that Sephiroth was holding when Cloud chucked him into the Lifestream), minus any that Sephiroth used in the construction of his new body, and of course the cells within Cloud or any of the other SOLDIERs out there that were strong enough to not be affected by the call.

Because I remember the first Jenova boss resulting after Sephiroth flew away, and after the fact a squid-esque arm remained

Yeah, Cloud calls it "the arm of Jenova" and the party surmises he's just carrying it around, instead of the Sephiroth they're seeing actually BEING Jenova. Both of the first times he "flies off" and Jenova fights. But the last one is the time that's supposed to explain it, though most people (including me) do not pick up on that the first time, when Sephiroth turns, faces the party and slashes his sword, but after the screen-swirl, it's Jenova.

D

Deleted member 13557

And then Synthesis is all the cells that had gathered there at the start of Disc 2 (including the head that Sephiroth was holding when Cloud chucked him into the Lifestream), minus any that Sephiroth used in the construction of his new body, and of course the cells within Cloud or any of the other SOLDIERs out there that were strong enough to not be affected by the call.

Yeah, Cloud calls it "the arm of Jenova" and the party surmises he's just carrying it around, instead of the Sephiroth they're seeing actually BEING Jenova. Both of the first times he "flies off" and Jenova fights. But the last one is the time that's supposed to explain it, though most people (including me) do not pick up on that the first time, when Sephiroth turns, faces the party and slashes his sword, but after the screen-swirl, it's Jenova.
It never clicked with me that Jenova shapeshifted as Sephiroth. Now it makes a lot more sense

LivingLegacy

Pro Adventurer
Yeah, granted I’m not nearly as knowledgeable on FF7 as a lot of people on here are. But I always took it as sephiroth had jenova cells injected into him while he was growing in the womb. He is the closest thing Gaia has seen to being Jenova because of having jenova in him literally when he was a fetus, and thus shares traits of jenova. Like
Jenova, He’s extremely powerful, he kills cetra, he tries to destroy the world, and....
In advent children, he attacks the people with a virus, just like jenova did 2,000 years ago
. In a way, sephiroth is carrying the torch of what jenova tried to accomplish. Their wills are almost intertwined, symbiotic. Like sephiroth is jenovas living legacy.

D

Deleted member 13557

Yeah, granted I’m not nearly as knowledgeable on FF7 as a lot of people on here are. But I always took it as sephiroth had jenova cells injected into him while he was growing in the womb. He is the closest thing Gaia has seen to being Jenova because of having jenova in him literally when he was a fetus, and thus shares traits of jenova. Like
Jenova, He’s extremely powerful, he kills cetra, he tries to destroy the world, and....
In advent children, he attacks the people with a virus, just like jenova did 2,000 years ago
. In a way, sephiroth is carrying the torch of what jenova tried to accomplish. Their wills are almost intertwined, symbiotic. Like sephiroth is jenovas living legacy.
Yeah. Jenova was the "calamity from the skies" and Sephiroth has had its cells in him since he was a fetus, therefore giving him some sort of connection to this destructive extra-terrestrial ever since that stage in life. Thanks for putting a spoiler warning in there. Looking forward to watching AC.
Like sephiroth is jenovas living legacy.
Great way of putting it

Top Bottom