• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FF Wiki Bullshit Thread

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I'm just saying that if you're gonna call out FF wikia on their "bullshit" and misinformation, don't be a hypocrite and claim things to be canon or that you have read an interview/have an Ultimania quote stating what is canon and not cite your sources.

Just. Saying.

Also going by the Word of God not being needed to confirm canon logic, then wouldn't that mean that Cloud/Aerith is just as canon as Cloud/Tifa?

:monster: Just kidding don't shoo- *gets shot with a brick*

Not really, since the only dialogue that inarguably implies Cloud has feelings for Aerith is optional options in dialogue branches. Not so with Tifa.

Jiro

Average Jiro
If we're going to argue semantics so strongly:
After the battle with Sephiroth on Shade Impulse, Cloud states "the one I really want to meet is...", referring to the ending of Final Fantasy VII where he says "I think I can meet her... there.", presumably referring to Aerith.
THAT HAS NEVER BEEN CONFIRMED! Ad given the greater context of 012, Cloud's probably actually referring to Tifa.

See the keyword, presumably. It's not stated to be complete, 100% factual information. When dealing with a work where there is room for interpretation, giving the more likely interpretation in a way that suggests that it might be fallible is actually pretty good from a professional standpoint.

The FFWiki is a great resource. Some things on there are probably inaccurate or, worst case scenario, wrong. But unless you're getting some therapeutic release from this complaining exercise, it really doesn't serve much of a purpose. Wikis rely on the knowledge of its patrons to be accurate. If you aren't going to fix infelicities then who do you expect will?

Fangu

Great Old One
And for the record, as far as I know, Fang and Vanille have never been called 'friends' either. And you don't grope your sister/friend's boob ffs!
I don't grab my boyfriend's cock as a greeting when we're in presence of other people. I don't see why she'd hold on to her friends/lovers boob. That could have been a leftover animation from when Fang was a man, blah blah. The point is, it's very hard confirming something when it's not spelled out completely, especially when it's on a controversial (homosexuality in games is still considered controversial) subject.

Like with any other FF couple, there shouldn't have to be word of god as it's obvious enough already.
It should, but usually when there is gayness in games, it is made a big point of because it becomes such a big fucking deal to people, so we're expecting SE to spell it out for us if it was the case. So it all comes down to subjectivity.

When I first played the game, I got caught up in the fact that the people of Oerba was a very different society than Lightning et co. They didn't live as separate families, but as one large group. I always assumed that also meant they didn't have steady partners, that they helped raise each other's children etc and basically had less "personal space" than what we're used to even in our society. This could also imply being more physically involved, even with friends and close family. It also strengthened my theory when Fang says "we have a new family now".

HOWEVER, reading stuff people wrote on TLS I started seeing the story differently. I now believe they are together, and to me it's "pretty damn obvious", but I can only use their story arch, dialogue and actions to argue for it. But, as you said, it has not been confirmed, you have to "prove" it by using stuff from the game. I don't think a boob grab is sufficient evidence though.

I don't know where I'm going with this. OT, a Wiki is always subject to faults, like Lex says.

The matter of the FFWiki not being 100% perfect (which btw TLS is not either; I often stumble across spelling errors when viewing our old material and there is also the ongoing discussion about the canonicity of the Planet's name) is also not that big a deal because, as somebody with resources of his own, most of the time I can notice if a statement is questionable and I have ways to research if it is valid.

I not only use the FFWiki for the occassional snippet of info, but also as a reference for official artwork. I feel TLS is not in a position to upload tons and tons of artwork, for fear that we might get shut down. I can only assume that the wiki stays around because, who knows, maybe Square employees themselves use it as a resource. This would not surprise me. Either way, I get the impression that the FFWiki is a site that nobody wants to rock the boat with hence why it can get away with posting as much artwork as it does, which is an excellent thing for the rest of us.

@Vaan
Learn how to properly conduct a debate and reference sources. I am extremely close to using foul words to describe your immaturity, so please make an effort to become a more reasonable, mature member of this forum.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I have to agree with the sentiments that the FF Wiki is a great resource, that it's only as good as the references put into it, and that more is accomplished by making fixes than complaining.

Though I do think even the translation we got of FFVII makes it perfectly clear that Johnny is not from Nibelheim. :monster: At most, Johnny just comes off looking crazy due to the deaths of his parents, the casting of Meteor, etc.

As for Fang and Vanille, I do know for certain that they were described with "like sisters" in one of those Ultimania relation charts. I think I might even have the scan somewhere.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I have to agree with the sentiments that the FF Wiki is a great resource, that it's only as good as the references put into it, and that more is accomplished by making fixes than complaining.

Though I do think even the translation we got of FFVII makes it perfectly clear that Johnny is not from Nibelheim. :monster: At most, Johnny just comes off looking crazy due to the deaths of his parents, the casting of Meteor, etc.

As for Fang and Vanille, I do know for certain that they were described with "like sisters" in one of those Ultimania relation charts. I think I might even have the scan somewhere.
:pics: or it didn't happen.

Though if that's how SE thinks sisters act then I find that mildly disturbing.

And Soak, we all know all the ladies of TLS are gay for each other.:monster:

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Not really, since the only dialogue that inarguably implies Cloud has feelings for Aerith is optional options in dialogue branches. Not so with Tifa.

Cosmo Canyon Dialogue is not optional! :pinkmonster:

Also Fang/Vanille stuff is sometimes contradictive and confusing I think, I mean I thought it was obvious from the game and the novellas they were a couple and absolute soulmates definitely though the Hope/Vanille stuff was kind of cute too, I think Hope grew quite fond of Vanille and it was cute how he tried to comfort and encourage her like when he grabbed her hand on top of that tower, but yeah definitely thought Fang/Vanille were together anyway, but then FFXIII-2 came out and in one of the datalogue entries if I remember right it describes them as two women from the north, friends as close as sisters or something like that, while the game does tend to play up the Hope/Vanille angle like he wants to see Vanille's smile again and what not. I'll be gutted if they really go somewhere with Hope/Vanille though since I've been really hoping SE would have the balls to stick with the Fang/Vanille thing.

Also I'm not as familiar with my sister's naked body as Fang and Vanille seem to be with each others but maybe it's a British thing :smashedmonster:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'm p. sure that if Fang were male no one would doubt that Fang and Vanille are a couple.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I dunno, I've groped many a friend's boobs, and yes, also my sister's. We compare size and shape :monster:

Pics or it didn't happen.:pics:

And Maiden, the Cosmo Canyon dialogue is not inherently romantic, and technically it is, in fact optional, as one can choose to not talk to Aerith during that scene. The only lines that inherently imply Clerith as far as I can remember are "Let's hope so." and "(jealous... envious...)". However, there's also lines that imply Cloti on disc one, such as "Yeah, that's right.", "Next to you, who wouldn't?", "It's true.", and I believe there's another one I'm forgetting. But "I, we're here for you." is not inherently romantic and could mean a lot of things, whereas "Let's hope so." and "(jealous... envious...)" can pretty much only imply romantic interest.

And, Trees, I will reiterate, pics(or should I say scans?) or it didn't happen.:monster:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Why is this thread even still open? Shouldn't this have been done right about the time someone said "its a wiki, go fix it if its wrong" or maybe just "stfu we're not FFWiki?" :monster:

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
It seems to have become one of those whether Fang and Vanille are lesbians lovers or not debates now.

As a side note, note how Fang can just lift up Vanille's skirt to check her brand without asking for or needing permission, whereas she asks Lightning for permission to check her brand on her breast.

And Aaron, I wouldn't say no one, but definitely substantially less.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I can't think of many women that touch each other's boobs and lift up each other's skirts in mixed company, unless they're involved with each other. And I definitely can't think of any women that would put up with such behaviour from men they weren't dating. So yeah, p. sure that, if not no one, then almost no one would doubt they were lovers if Fang were male.

Also, yes, what Tres said, and can we have pictures/video please? :monster:

AvecAloes

Donator
I don't think any pictures/videos of any of those times exist :( I wish they did... :desu:

Also - Fang and Vanille knew each other, whereas Fang didn't know Lightning at all. Seems like asking for permission is just kind of polite. Who goes around removing stranger's clothing?

For the record, I think they're a couple. And not just because I'd love to watch.

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Same, I'd probably tear down the sky to save my sister if I could/had to too :) Dunno about the whole spending eternity together forsaking all other things though :smashedmonster:

Vivi

Jump Rope Champion
AKA
Vivi, Setzer Gabbiani
And Maiden, the Cosmo Canyon dialogue is not inherently romantic, and technically it is, in fact optional, as one can choose to not talk to Aerith during that scene.

This scene isn't optional. You're required to talk to everyone (except for Yuffie) before talking to Red XIII.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Also I'm not as familiar with my sister's naked body as Fang and Vanille seem to be with each others but maybe it's a British thing

That would require them to be British, which neither the characters nor the voices portraying them are. Their accents are Australian.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
This scene isn't optional. You're required to talk to everyone (except for Yuffie) before talking to Red XIII.

I see. I thought you only had to talk to Nanaki, and that talking to the others were optional. I always talked to all the others anyway though 'cause I'm one of those people who has to talk to everybody, so I didn't realize it was actually necessary to talk to them.:moar:

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
This thread is a wonderful reminder of why I stopped trying to fix things on wikis. No matter how many times you fix something, or how well you source your information, someone will always come by and destroy it. I like that anyone can alter articles, I also hate that anyone can alter articles. It is a bitch when ideals are in conflict with the fact of reality.

Top Bottom