FFVII: Ever Crisis Announced

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
It’s available to download on iOS devices now, it must unlock sometime tomorrow.

If you decide to datamine, please be considerate of people that want the surprise and put anything not revealed in spoiler tags and label it clearly as such.

Rose_of_Night

Pro Adventurer
It’s available to download on iOS devices now, it must unlock sometime tomorrow.

If you decide to datamine, please be considerate of people that want the surprise and put anything not revealed in spoiler tags and label it clearly as such.
Already downloadable on android, but hitting start only gives me a blank notice screen

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Available on android but you get the following so no playing till tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230906_125104_FF7EC.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906_125104_FF7EC.jpg
    350.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20230906_125113_FF7EC.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906_125113_FF7EC.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 7

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Alright, game loads for me now. Just sitting in the title screen, listening to the Prelude 'cause it's not like I can do much else right now :P
I do wonder how the game's gonna perform on my old-ass PC.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Just as a heads up for anyone with an older phone who is interested in trying the game, you can run it via BlueStacks on PC.

I'm not going to give a complete tutorial here, but enable hardware virtualization, download the latest version of BlueStacks, create a new Nougat 64-bit instance (4 Cores / 8GB / High Performance / Performance Mode / DirectX). Open the Google Play app, sign in, search for and download the game. It'll even create a desktop icon.

Not sure what the minimum requirements will be to get decent performance, but you can try Balanced Performance / Compatibility Mode or lower the display resolution in the settings if it's not running well. The closed beta had some crashing issues, usually after playing for a while or going through lots of menus, which points to possible memory leaks which may or may not be resolved in the launch version. FWIW just based on launching the game it's already running better. In the CBT it would sometimes crash on startup or take a very long time to load.

If you played the CBT, your old BlueStacks instance might not be compatible with the game. I had to download the latest version and create a new instance to get it to show up in the Play Store as a compatible game.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Game is live now. Had to manually update with an APK from an APK mirror website since it disappeared from the Play Store for me, but it's working fine.

No English VO.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
If I'm not mistaken this is our first look at Lisa Fujise's character art for Sephiroth:

yJ7D0s7.png

Redfang

Rookie Adventurer
No English VO.
For me that is not a negative. ;) It might be a bit laggy or it might be my connection. I wouldn’t want to play this on a phone, though. I’m enjoying it so far, but I have to go to work so I can’t stay up all night playing, darn it.:awesome:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
The tutorial pull got me:
- Leather gloves
- Silver Staff
- Assault Gun
- Silver staff
- Max Ray
- Zweihander
- Solid Bazooka
- Tiger Fangs
- Full Metal Staff

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Rerolling is apparently really easy, you can skip the tutorial and just go straight to pulling with the rewards.

Game has a $14 USD season pass, premium track nets you one gear exchange voucher, a wallpaper, and 4500 blue crystals.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
All this gacha stuff and the countless menus and things to claim make my head spin. I hate all of this lmao

My PC is not exactly a gaming rig and several years old but it still managed to run on High settings, albeit framey. Medium works a bit better although it's quite blurry and text and artwork are lower in resolution as well. Briefly tried Ultra and it crashed in the menu lmao
Would probably still look pretty good on a phone screen tbh but I'm playing on a 55" 4K screen :wacky:

I expected VOs to be Jpn. only but it's interesting that the text is English only. Thought they'd have at least EFIGS localization. Seems to be one of the most demanded things right now in the official Discord.

Last edited:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
When I was playing it, The First Soldier featured the worst monetization I'd ever seen. But this... this is somehow worse!?

In the bottom right corner of the main menu, you can earn blue crystals by watching commercials. Like, commercials for other real world apps. I have never seen this before. Maaan, I can't believe I just watched a commercial in a FFVII game.

And then there's the 12 hour deals, engineered to aggressively target your FOMO. The future of gaming is terrifying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom