FFVII Iceberg

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Touph Ring (Toughness Ring) is the funniest, since it's タフネス (ta-fu-ne-su) in japanese... But to make this fair, foreign words (gai-rai-go) written with katakana can be one hell of a ride to figure out :)
I probably included too many typos on this thing, but they all make me laugh so I had to lol.

Also I lied to everyone, I added a few more things lol. I just put it in the first post though, no need to flood the thread with pictures.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Posted on Twitter and FB
Yessss. You used the version from the first post right? that's the most filled in one. I don't have a twitter or FB myself, but if anyone asks about something you don't know I can write out the explanation for you.
How about some Turk lore?
There were once more than 4 Turks. Elena has an older sister who was a Turk.
Palmer's a regular at the Honeybee Inn and the girls like him. That's from some unused material, but it did resurface in the Remake.
The Before Crisis stuff would be on a "Compilation of FF7 Iceberg" since I wanted this to be focused on the original game exclusively. I'm down for making that image too, though I'd need more help with that than I did with this.

Palmer falls under the "Original version of the Honeybee inn" label, since there's a lot to unpack there.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
"Reno in the opening FMV?"

... This is going to use up a lot of my time this weekend if I don't stop now lol
Okay I've been waiting for someone to ask about this one. There's not much too it but I always thought it was neat, though probably not actually true.
Screenshot_20210102-092715_YouTube.jpg
See that guy leaning on the theater wall back there? People have theorized that that's Reno, keeping an eye on Aerith from the shadows. It's probably not, but wouldn't that be cool?
Rude has a materia that produces sunglasses???!!!
That's a meme because of the scene in Advent Children where his sunglasses break and he produces another pair. I had a friend in High School who was active on the Midgar second life server, and apparently their player who role played as Rude was given a special Materia item that could actually do it lol.

You know, I was thinking. I could write up an article for you all where I painstakingly explained literally everything on the list in unnecessary detail. Would anybody be interested? Could be fun filler content for the front page.
I want the tls creator badge lol.

Lex

Administrator
You know, I was thinking. I could write up an article for you all where I painstakingly explained literally everything on the list in unnecessary detail. Would anybody be interested? Could be fun filler content for the front page.

Feel free. Whats your front page username and I'll add you as an author so you can have a bash?

I did post the one in your OP btw (the updated one).

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Anyone can download the DVD version of the intro FMV and see clear as day that the dude is very much NOT Reno. :monster: This NPC looks to be wearing a cap and Reno wouldn't be caught dead in a cap.

View attachment 8744
shhhhhhhhhhh shut up
Feel free. Whats your front page username and I'll add you as an author so you can have a bash?

I did post the one in your OP btw (the updated one).
Didn't realize the front page used separate accounts. Let me go make one.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
I want the tls creator badge lol.

Do it, I'd read it. "Got no job... I can't even show my face. 'Bout all that's left for me is to just live in this hole all day."

Ah man I'm sad now.
Or... maybe Reno's undercover.....

Doc: "Get yourself some clothes... SOMETHING INCONSPICUOUS"
somethinginconspicuous.png

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I want you all to know that Shad's post had repercussions for me. You'll learn the details later lol.
Ah man I'm sad now.
Or... maybe Reno's undercover.....
Yes, it's perfect, let's go with that. He was so mad about wearing a cap that he decided to cut the pretenses and just go to the Church to get her directly later. It all makes sense.
Do it, I'd read it. "Got no job... I can't even show my face. 'Bout all that's left for me is to just live in this hole all day."
I'm just waiting for Lex to come back and give me Author privilages so I can get to work. It'll probably take a few days to write because I'm dumb and thorough and want to include my sources where applicable. Even fake rumors have origins dang it.

The Blindfolded

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
The Birdwatcher
ガイアの絶壁- Literally "Gaia cliff", Gaia no zeppeki. So, it isn't necessarily Gaea's cliff; that's probably a mistranslation.

Top Bottom