FFVII Iceberg

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
How do you figure? The "no" particle there indicates the cliff(s) belong to/are "of" Gaia (whatever that is meant to be).

KcWaw.gif
1609660865956.png

AllGoodInMyHood

Pro Adventurer
AKA
TomTom
How do you figure? The "no" particle there indicates the cliff(s) belong to/are "of" Gaia (whatever that is meant to be).

東京大学 (Tokyo Daigaku / Tokyo University)
東京の大学 (Tokyo no Daigaku / Some university in Tokyo)

So, it might be just "some cliff on Gaia"... BUT! Japanese is know of it's vagueness and Gaia/Gaea comes from greek mythos and the edge of the world there was a cliff with water going down...

You can never be sure ;)

BIG FAT EDIT

I think this is more of "precipice/abyss/edge of Gaia"... Place where almost no one goes and there's nothing beyond - A BIG HECKIN' VOID

XD

Last edited:

AllGoodInMyHood

Pro Adventurer
AKA
TomTom
Well, yeah, but the "of Gaia" bit is the relevant part. =P
Of course it is relevant! That's why I've explored the topic a bit more and I think that they might call it like that in the game cause there's nothing more beyond - people of FF7 Gaia might see that region of the world as a literal "end/edge of the world".

anyways, I'm enjoying this thread! keep it goin' <3

Last edited:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Anyone have a picture of that advent children pamphlet that calls the planet "Gaia?" I will need it for the article.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I'm probably going to link that whole article. Mako mentioned it ALMOST made it into the remake, it was in the script in the leaked version from last January. Where could I find proof of that?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm probably going to link that whole article. Mako mentioned it ALMOST made it into the remake, it was in the script in the leaked version from last January. Where could I find proof of that?
Ehhh, I wouldn't even say that it almost made it into the remake. A non-capitalized use of "gaia" almost made it into the English localization's script, but that's it as far as we know.

In that datamine, Chadley would say this after the fight with Bahamut:

"Together with the great Bahamut, you can obliterate Shinra and wipe their existence from the face of gaia."

For the final release, they seemingly thought better of it and had Chadley say, "Together with the legendary Bahamut, I have every confidence you can expunge Shinra from existence."

There was a video on YouTube showing the datamined line, but it's gone now for obvious reasons.

AllGoodInMyHood

Pro Adventurer
AKA
TomTom
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis

Anyone familar with this hypothesis? It's interesting cause it frames the planet (Earth/Gaia) as a space ship that travels through the universe. Now what happens when the ship starts to sink (planet becomes infected with Jenova)? You escape from the ship and preferably pick a new one (Omega from DoC says hello).

Man, I wish I coulu ask Sakaguchi about his inspirations...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I feel like there's an interview out there where he discusses that very concept and why he likes it.
He discussed it in the introduction to the making-of book for "The Spirit Within."

and later still you realize that it's actually Hell House on Hard Mode

Oh, in that case, just ask @looneymoon to take over and it will be done by tomorrow afternoon. :monster:

Top Bottom