SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 18 Spoiler Discussion

Darudius

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Darudius
If there is multiple timelines, which timeline is Biggs alive in? I've seen some people saying hes alive in another timeline and not the remake one but I thought it was the remake one. Did I get it wrong?

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I mean, I woldnt exactly call XIII the best direction for FFVIIR, so there is that.

If there is multiple timelines, which timeline is Biggs alive in? I've seen some people saying hes alive in another timeline and not the remake one but I thought it was the remake one. Did I get it wrong?
The one where Whispers dont exist, I believe. What we think atleast. The Ultimania sort of hinted at it.

Darudius

Rookie Adventurer
AKA
Darudius
I mean, I woldnt exactly call XIII the best direction for FFVIIR, so there is that.

The one where Whispers dont exist, I believe. What we think atleast. The Ultimania sort of hinted at it.
Oh right, does it hint in a character profile or something? I know the ultimania is being translated, was it mentioned in Biggs' character profile, is it in the ultimania thread? So hes alive in the remake timeline?

Last edited:

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Look, the title is a joke, before people get angry...but it's also relevant to the discussion.

Toothpaste on Toast (in the Discord) mentioned that the music that plays when Sephiroth utters this intriguing 7 seconds line is actually the same one that plays in the area where Aerith dies in the original game. (I believe the track is called The Forgotten Capital in the OG.) Not only that, but the track seems to ONLY play at this very exact scene in the remake, and nowhere else. Correct this if it's wrong, by all means. Is this some sort of sign that the 7 seconds stuff is somehow connected to Aerith's fate, or to the Forgotten City?

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I haven't seen anything about Biggs exactly. It's more about the general state of things considering Zack lived.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Oh right, does it hint in a character profile or something? I know the ultimania is being translated, was it mentioned in Biggs' character profile, is it in the ultimania thread? So hes alive in the remake timeline?
To my knowlege, this interview snipped is all that has been said about Biggs:
EWyrXNwUwAAHj4e

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
I am super-late to noticing this, but the order in which party members arrive to join Cloud in the battle against Sephiroth can differ. Follow the time stamps in the video urls in case you aren't automatically taken there.

Phase 2 variations
- Tifa comes to the rescue
- Aerith comes to the rescue

Phase 3 variations
- Barret joins (following Tifa)
- Tifa joins (following Aerith)

Battle is over
- Aerith and Red XIII arrive
- Barret and Red XIII arrive

I do not know how many variations exist. I'll leave it to somebody else to find the rest, including to check if the same mechanics apply to the battle against the Whisper Harbinger. :monster:

Looking forward to the Ultimania confirming what the variables are behind which party members joins you and when.

Well, that's weird. I had Tifa join this battle only at the very end, and I haven't seen that happened to anyone else :huh: I think I had first Barret, then Aerith, and finally Tifa with Red XIII. I'd have liked to double-check my video recordings but I had nothing set up for that besides the PS4 'share' function (which was blocked on chapter 18), so...

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Look, the title is a joke, before people get angry...but it's also relevant to the discussion.

Toothpaste on Toast (in the Discord) mentioned that the music that plays when Sephiroth utters this intriguing 7 seconds line is actually the same one that plays in the area where Aerith dies in the original game. (I believe the track is called The Forgotten Capital in the OG.) Not only that, but the track seems to ONLY play at this very exact scene in the remake, and nowhere else. Correct this if it's wrong, by all means. Is this some sort of sign that the 7 seconds stuff is somehow connected to Aerith's fate, or to the Forgotten City?

Here's the "answer" for that question:

Saw this on reddit:

0B3nL8E.jpg

So...that's the seven seconds?

Roundhouse

Pro Adventurer
Is it not possible for that to be the case while also including the Aerith element?

Also, if that theory doesn't warrant a thread, may I propose a general/universal 'will she live' thread for all discussion on that topic to take place there?

Yumelinh

Pro Adventurer
Well, that's weird. I had Tifa join this battle only at the very end, and I haven't seen that happened to anyone else :huh: I think I had first Barret, then Aerith, and finally Tifa with Red XIII. I'd have liked to double-check my video recordings but I had nothing set up for that besides the PS4 'share' function (which was blocked on chapter 18), so...

It happened to me, too. Mine was first Aerith, then Barret, and Tifa joined at the very end ( w/ RedXIII).

For the record, I read a comment that said the order that these characters join the battle is random (he played the final battle several times with the same 'saving' and the order was different on all of them), but I can't confirm whether is true or not.

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania

Okay, I already played the whole game (and started a 2nd run too, haha! XD) so I can join the threads!

In my playthrough, Tifa was the first one to join the battle and then Aerith. Barret and Red XIII joined once the boss fight was over, now I wonder what makes that order change :huh:

Sephira

That Silver-haired Lady
AKA
Sephiravania
I've gotten Aerith then Tifa both times I've done this fight, but melee-Barret's probably my favourite character to play as. So until I know for sure how to get that set-up, I won't be able to live the dream of smacking Sephi in the face with a wrecking ball...
LMAO as much as I love and adore Sephiroth, I have to say that would be definitely hilarious :lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom