SPOILERS FFVII:R Chapter 18 Spoiler Discussion

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I wonder how many people comparing the ending to KH have actually played KH, because I don't really see the correlation.

There is nothing crazier in this ending than there was in the original FFVII, which I'd like to remind people is about the genetically engineered son of an alien trying to manipulate genetic copies of himself in order to crash a meteor into a planet where dead people literally become sentient gasoline in order to become a god while his amnesiac clone, two eco terrorists, the last surviving descendent of an ancient race of geomancers, a cowboy rocket scientist, a shapeshifting vampire, a ninja, a stuffed animal, and a talking cat-dog try to stop him, but are impeded by, basically, the Trump administration looking for the afterlife because they want to exploit its resources, and the planet creates biomechanical mecha to fight them. Oh and it has tankceratops, a tank that is also a triceratops.

The whispers are just a drop in the bucket.

I could agree, if this was the ending as you say. We both know it's not. The rest of the events of that crazy original game are gonna be covered too and inexplicably, now that the Whispers are no longer around, somehow Cloud no longer needs them guiding him through the events of the original game anymore, like they did in this game. So since they aren't a sustainable idea even in this world of craziness, maybe they might not have bothered with them in the first place?

Last edited:

Gazzdw

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Gaz
To anyone else that hasn't finished the game (or had the same feelings before finishing) - I'm at Chapter 13 and I feel like I cant complete the story until I know they are not gonna ruin it in part 2 (eg. alternate timelines, multiple Sephiroths). Be interested to know if anyone felt the same.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
To anyone else that hasn't finished the game (or had the same feelings before finishing) - I'm at Chapter 13 and I feel like I cant complete the story until I know they are not gonna ruin it in part 2 (eg. alternate timelines, multiple Sephiroths). Be interested to know if anyone felt the same.
Multiple Sephiroths is already a thing, alternate timeline is heavily implied I would say.

I don't believe the story going forward will entirely change focus on what's new, but expect those elements to creep in.

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
I could agree, if this was the ending as you say. We both know it's not. The rest of the events of that crazy original game are gonna be covered too and inexplicably, now that the Whispers are no longer around, somehow Cloud no longer needs them guiding him through the events of the original game anymore, like they did in this game. So since they aren't a sustainable idea even in this world of craziness, maybe they might not have bothered with them in the first place?
Except, they are still one of the 4 mysteries. There are still major things left to uncover about them. They might not intervene anymore, but we dont know much about the rest.

As long as they maintain the quality that this own Remake has at most of it, they cant screw up that much. Too many things good to call it a screw up. Just hope they keep said quality.

Gazzdw

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Gaz
To be fair 3/4 of the Sephiroths were in the original game too. Its just the final boos that's new.

Haha actually after I commented I thought there were a few in the original. I think I mean outside of the original Seph stuck in the lifestream and the Jenova cells parading as Seph in and around Gaia? If it was left loosely as that then I am totally on board.

By timelines I'm very happy seeing/playing as Zack as long as its in the past and not like a time on another plain or dimension that affects whats happening with our heroes and the original story. Hopefully that makes sense.

At least they made an effort to kind of rationalise Hell House.

I remember somebody suggesting Wall Market has an active trade in endangered monsters like Tonberries for the underground monster-fighting clubs. I thought that was a great idea. Imagine passing a back alley in Wall Market packed with stalls stocking mythril cages full of sad, exhausted Cactuars and Skeeskee, Sahagins and Goblins...

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Except, they are still one of the 4 mysteries. There are still major things left to uncover about them. They might not intervene anymore, but we dont know much about the rest.

So are you saying another part of this mystery will present itself to keep us from killing Rufus and Heidegger on the boat, and Hojo at the beach, while making sure Hojo doesn't spill the beans on Cloud like he was gonna do in this game, and so on and so one? It'll get old, but in the world that Part 1 showed us, something will have too intervene.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
More and more, I feel like the whole "We aren't tethered to the original anymore" is going to be used EXCLUSIVELY as a reason to trim Act II into a manageable size. It will still end at the North Crater, but will be about as long as Remake Part 1 (meaning: ~20 chapters, ~10-15 dungeons, ~3 town hubs). But honestly, that's fine, because the length of Act II in the OG served to slowly escalate tension re: Sephiroth, and to drip feed in the more fantastical elements of the story and allow them to percolate -- both of which are no longer necessary because we've already defeated Sephiroth, are level 50, and the story is batshit insane.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I doubt they are going to trim any major significant content from the "Act 2" of the narrative, since the major reason in doing multiple parts was so they didn't have to cut stuff for the Remake. In fact it seems more likely than before that the Remake might end up being more than three installments now.

msia2k75

Pro Adventurer
More and more, I feel like the whole "We aren't tethered to the original anymore" is going to be used EXCLUSIVELY as a reason to trim Act II into a manageable size. It will still end at the North Crater, but will be about as long as Remake Part 1 (meaning: ~20 chapters, ~10-15 dungeons, ~3 town hubs). But honestly, that's fine, because the length of Act II in the OG served to slowly escalate tension re: Sephiroth, and to drip feed in the more fantastical elements of the story and allow them to percolate -- both of which are no longer necessary because we've already defeated Sephiroth, are level 50, and the story is batshit insane.

Really don't see Part 2 finishing at the Northern Crater at all... Way before imo.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Really don't see Part 2 finishing at the Northern Crater at all... Way before imo.[/QUOTE
I can't wait to get a dungeon in the farm because the ow, and 30 sidequests about finding lost chocobos and rare seeds.
Really don't see Part 2 finishing at the Northern Crater at all... Way before imo.
I can't wait to get to the farm, now with an underground dungeon (the owner's daughter fell in the water well and needs saving) and 30 sidequests about finding lost chocobos and rare seeds. Exploring the dungeon the party will find paintings of chocobos fighting giant serpents, Aerith will ask the party their favorite chocobo color, girl fell because she heard strange sounds coming within, it was a Spectral Chocobo. Of course after that the party stays for the night, and the owner offers a meal... goddamnit is that Wedge outside!?

There'll be no padding though.

Last edited:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I know y'all are being fecetious, but does anyone still feel precious about the chocobo farm when the party has already gone on the all-out offensive against the Planet's Will?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
We're back to the same speculation of "cutting" we were all at in 2015, imagining how Wall Market would be condensed, Cloud wouldn't cross-dress, the whimsical fantasy aesthetic of some creatures would be ditched, there'd be no real summons, and we wouldn't see the Turks actually be cold-as-fuck badasses who would drop a plate on command.

History repeats itself. And I bet we'll once again see they are very much aware of what matters in their work. Chocobos are part of that.

They seem hellbent on hitting the points and including everything. I'm not sure what it'll take to make that a fact for some :monster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom