FFVII REMAKE CONFIRMED

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
PS5 (and PC) exclusive new item released.

Same function as the Revival Earring (1 revive per battle) but doesn't break after using the effect.

8gebuyt0z7781.jpg

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Lmao some of the auto translates are comparably funny to the Japanese.

Are these files only present in the PC file structure because of the accidental dev build release? Also excited to see what else can be unearthed. Show me Kwedge!

Edit: According to the OP, these files also exist in the console versions.

Sorry, I should have edited that post. Turns out it's not debug, it's the final version. The person on that subreddit just wanted to stir up drama according to other users.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That's... Such a weird circumstance that I could only see happening if you one day got your PS4 and video games stolen, then got your console back, and instead of buying FFVII-R physically since it was lost, you decided to get the PS+ version to save money but wanted to play Intergrade again.

We are not in 2002 anymore. Time is not a flat circle.
You are correct, we are not in 2002. We are in the 2020s, where time is a balloon of ever-increasing size due to the obscene scalings of AAA-game development. :monster:

My intuition tells me that Square can't render all the towns/villages/forests/mountains/caves of FFVIIR Part 2 (almost regardless of where you place that installment's story to end) before 2024.

Though in the end that's all we have on this matter: Gut feelings. No analysis of developer interviews and speculations of production-timelines have convinced me that any of us truly know with certainty and authority what is a reasonable prediction for the release date(s) and what is not.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I still think their timeframe for part 2 is 2023. Next year we'll have Forespoken in May, my guess is end of the year for FFXVI (a Fall release) and Ever Crisis for FFVII. Remake should come in 2023 to fill the gap, probably a Fall release too.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
The game is yet to be announced. I believe that we are not getting a 2023 release. I hope we do, but the ongoing pandemic will halt much development time and SE's history with delays even without a pandemic is well known. I predict 2024-2026 for Part 2. If the game had been announced this year at E3 or something, there could be a chance for 2023 release imo. Can't remember SE announcing a game year before its release.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think if we get a 2024-2026 release, then we'll only get 3 parts. Because there is this to consider too, the how many parts announcement hasn't been made yet. The devs don't want to drag it out for 15 years, IMHO, they want it done the fastest possible. The hype is still going on thanks to PC release, First Soldier and Ever Crisis next year, but they won't be able to drag it on for 3 to 4 years. They don't want fans to forget about it.

If there is delay, it may be out in 2024, but FFXVI only had 6 months delay because of the pandemics and FFVII Remake won't be allowed to have more than those 6 months delay, IMHO. 2024 is the very limit for the next part. We are *still* in 2021 after all (not for long, but still). Next year will be the hyping of FFXVI starting Spring - and its release, my guess is 6 months later, more or less, they should want it out for the holidays season. I'm expecting the same 6 months hyping for Remake part 2 before a release, so 2023, 2024 at most with delay.

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
Remember that this pandemic will hopefully end one day (soon I hope) and by that time they might get the other teams to help the REMAKE team with its development to make up for the lost time. Meaning that Part 2 might be released later than what they had in mind because of the pandemic while the rest of the REMAKE series can be released sooner than their initial plan because of the help they get from the other teams. This is only if they do it this way though, if not I can't see them complete the REMAKE series within 2030..

Reactions: LNK

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
SE gives about a year for its tentpole games to do their thing before going on to the next tentpole, marketing-wise. Given that Yoshi-P was intending to have something in early 2021 for a release soon after, and given the half year delay, it's reasonable to expect 16 by 2022 summer. Which means they won't even start advertising 7R2 until summer of 2023. The earliest it can come therefore is winter of 2023, assuming 7R2's production has no delays of their own.

And I don't think that's going to change how they approach the rest of the parts. With less crunch (or same level of crunch just with coronavirus restrictions making it take longer), Hamaguchi is going to milk the time for all its worth to make sure 7R2 is complete and 7R3 gets as much of a running start as possible. I also wouldn't be surprised if they are moving it all onto Unreal 5, if they haven't already, and that would require a bit of an adjustment period to get used to the tools.

They have said nothing at all about wanting to complete it before 2030 or how many parts it will be or anything like that. Right now, I think SE cares more about being able to provide tentpole games on the regular than anything else. They want to move away from the FF13-FF15 era reputation.

As for other teams helping them out, I don't think that's really an option as the other team is going to be busy with 16 right up until release (if how Endwalker went is any indication) and in anycase is a splitoff of the 14 team, which isn't ending, so they are more likely to be asked to help with them rather than with Nomura's outfit. There is also KH to keep in mind, nevermind new IPs.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
They have said nothing at all about wanting to complete it before 2030 or how many parts it will be or anything like that.

I remember an interview where they mentioned their age and how it was the last chance they got at it though, and another one where they mentioned how big or tinier portions of the games were still being discussed and how that'd affect the next parts' releases. So to me, clearly, even if it's not outright mentioned, the timing is something they are acutely aware of. I also doubt that they want the last part to be released on PS6, even if that seems like a big possibility nowadays. Even more if like me, you believe there will be not 3, but 4 parts to Remake.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I've always taken that interview to mean getting started on the project itself, not in the continuation. With Kitase kicked upstairs and Nomura handing over directors reigns over to Hamaguchi, I don't see the age thing being as much a factor as before. Besides, even if the parts don't get released all that quickly, that doesn't mean their work must also be delayed in preparation for those parts.

As for the release possibly taking it to the PS6 generation, that's a consumer concern, not something the creator is going to really care about. The Yuffie DLC being PS5/PC exclusive and not going to the PS4 is proof of that.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Eh, from my understanding Nomura will still be active with Remake. For the PS problems, we were talking about the PS5 problems with @odekopeko and she told me that she read an interview where SE admitted being aware of the troubles brought by scalpers, so there's that. It shouldn't be their problem, but by ricochet, it becomes a bit their problem.

I agree that the DLC being only available on PS5 showed that the next part would be PS5-only, but it doesn't mean they're not aware that people won't be necessarily opened to buy the PS6 just to play. Also the more years they wait, the more the players will get older and forget about it; to them that's the biggest problem. I'm already 45, because I was a fan of the OG, they know the old fans will maybe not play the latest parts, but they also know the younger will grow and change a lot (20-30 is when you settle usually) and they want those fans to continue to play. To them, people forgetting about Remake is the reason why they continue to push it like this, but it has limits: what will they do after part 2 to continue the hype and advertising? It's the harsh truth, that they can't allow the game to take too many years to get released.

FFShinra

Sharp Shinra Shill
I didn't say Nomura wasn't going to be involved, only that the age thing isn't really going to be a concern since, as I said before, that was mostly about kicking off the project, not in its continuation.

And SE being aware of it doesn't mean they are going to shorten development time simply because no one can get their hands on one because, quite frankly, that's Sony's problem, not theirs. And their actions so far have not shown they are willing to accommodate the consumer, regardless of awareness to problems.

The Remake as attracting a whole bunch of new people to both Final Fantasy as a whole and to FF7 in particular. They have never been dependent on the original audience to make their sales for this. Indeed, if they were, they would have been less inclined to change anything, since that would alienate the same demographic. FF7 is also enough of a pop culture video game icon to not need its original audience as well. Sheer curiosity takes care of it, whatever the part may be.

The timeline argument doesn't have a basis in reality, except in the actual launching of the project, which is already done. SE has enough other IPs to keep people sated while 7R cooks, and if people fall away due to age or lack of interest, that does not stop new people from coming in to replace them, who would have been too young for part 1 or who may have otherwise recently come into gaming as a hobby otherwise.

From a bottom line perspective, it makes more sense for them to follow the pattern they've established these last three/four years as originally stated of giving each of their tentpole games a year of marketing and letting the audiences soak it in. They aren't going to change that just for 7R2, especially not against a brand new mainline Final Fantasy, when SE absolutely is trying to move on from the stink of the old era that ended with FF15, in terms of mainline games.

D

Deleted member 13557

Jeesh.
A conversation between two people

Cloud.
A conversation between two people?

Jeesh.
Yes, a conversation between two people.

Cloud.
A conversation between the two of us, you and me.
Is that what it is?

Jeesh.
Yes, a conversation between you and me.
That's what it's about.

CLOUD
Yeah.

Cloud.
I'm...

Cloud.
I wonder if I'm really Cloud.

Jeesh.
Yes.