FFVII Remake Delivery Delay Notice from Square (AKA Shipping Woes)

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
From what I've seen, the delivery chain is already under strain trying to get essential items filtered through. I just don't see this happening. I'm glad that they are at least monitoring the situation and will provide another update during the week once they've discussed things with the region's teams, but yeah...

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
So, no surprise at all, but EB Games did me dirty on this one. I placed an order for in-store pickup last June, and sent support an email last night asking if I could change it to delivery because duh. They told me no, you have to cancel an order in-store, and also that they closed all EBs last night without any heads up or notice.

It's not really a big deal, except now I can't place a new delivery order due to their system being unable to process requests (other online stores are similar). I can pick up my original order whenever their stores re-open! God knows when that is haha.

Luckily I still have time to decide if I want to wait or just get the digital version. The only reason I might not wait is that I know I'm weak and will watch every single second on YouTube if I can.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
So, no surprise at all, but EB Games did me dirty on this one. I placed an order for in-store pickup last June, and sent support an email last night asking if I could change it to delivery because duh. They told me no, you have to cancel an order in-store, and also that they closed all EBs last night without any heads up or notice.

It's not really a big deal, except now I can't place a new delivery order due to their system being unable to process requests (other online stores are similar). I can pick up my original order whenever their stores re-open! God knows when that is haha.

Luckily I still have time to decide if I want to wait or just get the digital version. The only reason I might not wait is that I know I'm weak and will watch every single second on YouTube if I can.
I'd order elsewhere. Then when EB does reopen, cancel your order with them, or return it for your money back

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
Not sure what the delivery status for physical copies of the game coming from the SE store is going to be like but I caved and bought a standard edition to download on the day. The physical deluxe can arrive whenever it likes, I'm in no rush for any of the extras. Now all I need to worry about is whether my holiday will get cancelled or not before then :sigh:

Saven

Pro Adventurer
FUCK YEAH! GameStop is curbside only and won't allowed in-store refunds for the time being! I certainly wouldn't hope that they would go under and never open back up due to them being on the verge of bankruptcy or something LOLOLOL

*starts beer #2*

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
What about the SE site?
I thought about that earlier today, but A) I don't know what their service is like to Canada, and B) I already missed the cutoff to get it on release day, so I figure I can place an order there closer to release if I decide I want to.

On that note, I don't suppose any Canadians here have bought something from the SE Store? I know current circumstances will cause changes, but what was your experience like?

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I thought about that earlier today, but A) I don't know what their service is like to Canada, and B) I already missed the cutoff to get it on release day, so I figure I can place an order there closer to release if I decide I want to.

On that note, I don't suppose any Canadians here have bought something from the SE Store? I know current circumstances will cause changes, but what was your experience like?
Oh ok. I bought the deluxe edition and 1st class edition from their site. Is there a way I can have the deluxe rerouted to you? Then you can just pay me through paypal?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Oh ok. I bought the deluxe edition and 1st class edition from their site. Is there a way I can have the deluxe rerouted to you? Then you can just pay me through paypal?
I appreciate the offer, but I'm gonna pass as I managed to order another deluxe edition earlier this evening. If you're trying to unload the deluxe, I'm sure someone else would be interested--if not here then somewhere else on the internet.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I ordered my steelbook edition directly from SE's store. Not super concerned about getting it on time. I mean, I'm eager to play, but like...with all the stuff happening in the world right now, and the strain on all the people who are still working (especially delivery workers)....it's totally fine by me if I'm not playing on April 10th. :hohum:

LegendarySaiyan

AKA: SalihGuclu
I hope that I get my order the 10th and not have to wait until Monday or so. I asked the store I Pre-Ordered from and they told me that they will ship it few days before release, but I still fear that I won't be getting it before Monday because of the Easter Holidays, everything will be closed from Thursday...
Why not just release the game worldwide Tuesday 14th April? :S

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I appreciate the offer, but I'm gonna pass as I managed to order another deluxe edition earlier this evening. If you're trying to unload the deluxe, I'm sure someone else would be interested--if not here then somewhere else on the internet.
Ok cool! I definitely don't want to get rid of it. I can't wait to play. I was just offering because I don't mind waiting longer to play if I can help someone else get it upon release

Lloyd Irving

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Lloyd Irving
I've been expecting to get an email from Amazon about possible delays to my order but I've received nothing. I know I live very close to an Amazon distribution center so maybe that's it?

If I can't get it for April 10th though I'll have to buy on the Playstation store. It's a hit to the wallet but I can afford it. I actually did the same thing with Persona 5 - digital copy + physical copy as back up. Physical is very important to me as I don't trust Sony not to randomly pull games from their online store with no warning.

Lex

Administrator
I think a lot of people will be getting their orders a day or so early. I thought that initially when it moved to Good Friday, but now with the shipping stuff even moreso. Depots will dispatch even earlier now and some folks will get their physical copies one or two days before release.

Amazon used to be really reliable for this before they had their own delivery service. If I chose "Royal Mail" as the delivery option a game would always get to me the day before release.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
We're 17 days out and most places are on various stages of lockdown, with stricter measures coming every few days, and the supply chain already under pressure everywhere and prioritizing essentials. I hope I'm wrong, but expecting any physical copies early is being extremely optimistic here. There's going to be a delay in supply, unless you go digital.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Ok cool! I definitely don't want to get rid of it. I can't wait to play. I was just offering because I don't mind waiting longer to play if I can help someone else get it upon release
If you're getting Deluxe and 1st Class you'll still be able to play if you sell it, though, yeah?

Reactions: LNK

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Just announced in UK, a move towards a lockdown, with all shops (aside from those selling food or medical essentials) to close. Measures will last at least 3 weeks. So UK game stores will not be open to sell the remake, even if they did manage to receive their shipment.

So that's just online deliveries (massive pressure already like has been mentioned) or digital.

Top Bottom