FFVII Remake Delivery Delay Notice from Square (AKA Shipping Woes)

Lex

Administrator
Ahoy,

I got a shipping notification for the FFVII remake vinyl soundtrack 18 hours ago and it was delivered today. Today is the official release date of that item outside of Japan (where it released in January). Here it is:

1585337574296.png

It's gorgeous. It's actually quite a hefty item aswell.

Look what else arrived today:

1585337635478.png

So I have those things going for me, which is nice.

Anyway it's looking like shipping isn't an issue at the moment. Although I haven't had a notification that my 1st Class Edition has shipped yet, it's on this:

1585337774856.png

Lex

Administrator
@Lex
Where did you order your polygons?

Ebay. It was a set of 7 from the original Japanese FFVII Remake "lottery" thing, people are collecting them and selling them as a set. "Seven! But there's only six there!" I hear you say. Well yes, sadly the packet they arrived in was on my doorstep, OPEN, when I got home from work and Barret wasn't in there. I think it must have happened on this side of shipping because I can't imagine it was open before it went through customs, and they're small enough that the pack could have easily fallen out in the delivery driver's van.

The seller is sending me another Barret for free though, so that's nice!

He sent me all of them new, in their packaging with the boxes all flatpacked together.

Hey Lex, how long did your polygons take to arrive?

They were shipped from Japan and I ordered them 8 days ago. The lottery boxes aren't for sale on the Square Enix store in Europe yet (and I want the full set anyway rather than a chance at getting them).

The seller is going to contact me when they have "Miss Cloud" (which is the "secret" one).

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
Anyway it's looking like shipping isn't an issue at the moment. Although I haven't had a notification that my 1st Class Edition has shipped yet, it's on this:

View attachment 5214

My 1st Class order has the same status, apparently other folk in the UK are getting "Initiated" or "Validated" too. Kind of wish I hadn't looked at my order now, because all I'll be doing for the next 2 weeks is staring at it and willing it to change.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Ahoy,

I got a shipping notification for the FFVII remake vinyl soundtrack 18 hours ago and it was delivered today. Today is the official release date of that item outside of Japan (where it released in January). Here it is:

View attachment 5212

View attachment 5213

View attachment 5214
I got my vinyl the other day as well. I think the price was too much for what we got, but I do love the packaging and picture discs:)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
My order on the SE Store now says "Shipment Initiated" as well. I wonder if I should dare to hope it actually gets here early?

It says "Shipment Initiated?" Mine simply says, "Initiated." Did yours move from "Initiated" to "Shipping Initiated" over time? I'm kinda confused at the order of this. Also, I'm curious. When did you order your game from the store?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Are you sure we don't have the same notice? Here's a screenshot of my order's status:

MsALjhR.jpg

Also, I'm curious. When did you order your game from the store?
June 14.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh, okay. Yeah, it says the same. I thought it was a change from "Initiated" to "Shipment Initiated" :monster:

But yeah. We're in the same boat here. Hopefully a miracle will occur and it can be dispatched next week.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Growing "anxiety" that it may take longer than I'm anticipating for the game to get to me. And I'm really not looking forward to buying the game digitally on top of physically.

You guys remember what happened to me with FFXV? Bought it directly from Square shop, got home two weeks late. Now you understand why I like to go get the games directly to the story. I can't catch a break with shipping!!! :lol:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Growing "anxiety" that it may take longer than I'm anticipating for the game to get to me. And I'm really not looking forward to buying the game digitally on top of physically.

You guys remember what happened to me with FFXV? Bought it directly from Square shop, got home two weeks late. Now you understand why I like to go get the games directly to the story. I can't catch a break with shipping!!! :lol:
Which is exactly why I don't look at the tracking stuff on my orders. I keep track of what's ordered, but I like to be surprised when it comes

The game could arrive early
Official FFVIIR twitter said:
"...so we made the decision to ship the game far earlier than usual to Europe and Australia.

As a result, there is a greater chance that some of you in these regions will now get a copy of the game prior to the worldwide release date of April 10. For other western regions, including the Americas, copies will be shipped this week and we feel optimistic that most of you will receive the game for launch day. However, due to the challenging situation we cannot provide delivery dates for each country and each retailer."

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Ahoy,

View attachment 5212

View attachment 5213

View attachment 5214
You definitely had a really big FFVII-themed postal day, Lex. Both of those deliveries are super heavy hitters, it’s seriously like Christmas. Nice!

It seems some variant of this post has already been posted, but Square is acknowledging that some copies will be sent early, and to be respectful of spoilers due to the new content in VII-R:

Top Bottom