FFVII Remake E3 Demo Impressions

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

From Max's stream doing New Threat at 2h 34m 26s. I've heard them talk about the pre-demo stuff before, but the fact that it's a cutscene going into more depth about the history of Midgar itself makes me wonder if this might end up being something that you'd see on one of the tvs in the game, or possibly what'd be put in during the bit with the train with Jessie. It being a full-blown CGI scene makes me think that it'll be somewhere you have to encounter it in the game (though that was done for optional things like these in the original).

I very much like the idea that we'll get to see Midgar getting built up / built out, since one of the motives for dropping the plate and killing so many people is because they know that the Mako energy won't last, and that the deaths will actually allow them to exploit how long they can sustain the power output while also painting themselves as the good guys, and having a deeper understanding of the complex layers of what makes and made Midgar into what it is now seems like where the Remake is really going to shine, especially in how they're expanding the story there.

X:neo:

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
Playstation Access did a couple of Livestreams to cover the EGX event at London!

Here's the stream where they talk about the FFVIIR Demo (time stamped):

I want to point out TWO highlights in this stream:

(6:05:30) Rob is asking the 100 billion dollar question and got rekkt! (that's how I felt at this moment at least)

(6:07:30) It's the first time we see actual footage about Barret getting 'Bound' by Scorpion Sentinel! After he got freed through Cloud's help, the following dialogue starts prompting:

[Barret] Whew! Sure am glad I paid you a fortune and then some! :neom:

[Cloud] You ain't paid me yet. :rclosedmonster:

Last edited:
Top Bottom