FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Holy shit, they gave Nero such a slick HQ render. It brings to life the most fetish SOLDIER outfit imaginable. An updated image of Nero and the words "Final Fantasy VII Remake" weren't a combination I expected to ever see together. What a time to be alive.

Nero_Full_Render_16_9.png

Nero is a member of the Tsviets - an elite unit within Shinra’s secret military group Deepground. The younger brother of Weiss the Immaculate, he practically worships his incarcerated sibling.

The experiments that brought Nero into the world also left him with the power to control darkness. Some call him ‘Nero the Sable’ and he lives up to the name by engulfing whoever and whatever he pleases in a vast abyss.

4379bcf2ed47a37432ccdc287604a866.gif

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Yes, that's also what I remember. It kind of seems to work like the Fort Condor mini game in the OG - you buy troops and then defend positions - so that makes me hopeful about it being gone and the zone completely revamped lol.
Some version of it exists, at least whatever was mentioned in the short story about Aerith’s childhood from the World Preview Guide.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Oh, I mean that the Fort Condor zone would remain "Fort Condor", just the mini-game totally gone and new quests added. This isn't the kind of things they are going to include in a Fort Condor zone, since it's been done already, and as I noted a long time ago, it would really clash with the Remake's style. It's a way to keep t he mini game though!

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I love the sunrise key visuals of the group, but at the same they also just make me aware of the cinematic convention of scene transitions. As Lampshaded in this Sonic Boom clip

Like it just makes me wonder, after the Harbinger and Sephiroth boss fight in the other dimension, did the gang just get plopped back on at the end of the road and then Cloud went back just to push the motorbike to the edge so he could look cool with everyone looking at the sunrise? And then there were no conversations on what their next steps were during the entire trip down to the ground level until Barret suddenly turns around and reaches out and shouts “Marlene!”

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I love the sunrise key visuals of the group, but at the same they also just make me aware of the cinematic convention of scene transitions. As Lampshaded in this Sonic Boom clip

Like it just makes me wonder, after the Harbinger and Sephiroth boss fight in the other dimension, did the gang just get plopped back on at the end of the road and then Cloud went back just to push the motorbike to the edge so he could look cool with everyone looking at the sunrise? And then there were no conversations on what their next steps were during the entire trip down to the ground level until Barret suddenly turns around and reaches out and shouts “Marlene!”
I just figure that the key art imagery is meant to convey a feeling or sense of the characters/story at a certain place without necessarily being something that definitely happened. I feel like that's usually the case with such things.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I just figure that the key art imagery is meant to convey a feeling or sense of the characters/story at a certain place without necessarily being something that definitely happened. I feel like that's usually the case with such things.
Oh I am well aware of that, perhaps canonically the gang was dropped out on the wastelands after the fight and not the end of the road, perhaps not, I don't really care. I was largely just making a joke about cinematic and artistic conventions, like the Sonic Boom clip.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
Oh I am well aware of that, perhaps canonically the gang was dropped out on the wastelands after the fight and not the end of the road, perhaps not, I don't really care. I was largely just making a joke about cinematic and artistic conventions, like the Sonic Boom clip.
No, no, you’re supposed to overanalyze every single aspect of that image, apply your own conclusion to its artistic intent, shame the developers for not adhering to what you thought their intent was, and then spend the rest of your days arguing with strangers online about why you can’t be wrong, that’s how this thing is supposed to go dammit

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I feel like this part is worth highlighting

How did the team decide to bring Yuffie as the main character in this DLC, instead of Vincent or Cid?

Nomura: The overarching story follows the original, so considering where this lies in the storyline, Vincent is still in his slumber and Cid is on Shinra’s side, so Yuffie was the only one who would be able to move freely.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield

a few comments:

- Yuffie's gameplay looks absolutely awesome.
- OST sounds varied, and oh yeah there is XIII-2s corny heavy metal too.
- everytime Fort Condor is mentioned I hear Fort Condom.
- Npcs sounding painfully annoying, no surprises.
- Explorable areas looks the same, nothing that we haven't explored in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom