• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

FFVII Remake: Intergrade Yuffie DLC Announced

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Speaking of skyboxes, it seems the nighttime backgrounds have not been updated at all. Sector 5/6 still has that phantom sun lamp floating in the sky, too:

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20210626163303.png

Speaking of sun lamps, why the fuck are they on at night anyway?
I thought the purpose would be to provide a semblance of natural light to the slums during daytime when the plates block sunlight for most of it. But they're off during the day.
And at night you don't need more than the street lights that are already in place now, do you? People are trying to sleep here, dammit!

No dude Midgar is the city that never sleeps!

It is very important that all the lights are on at night while hot-blooded detective Joe is doing his detective work in New York Midgar.

ff7_remake_01-bkjj8vl90.jpg

ultima786

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ultima
Speaking of skyboxes, it seems the nighttime backgrounds have not been updated at all. Sector 5/6 still has that phantom sun lamp floating in the sky, too:

View attachment 10517

I thought the purpose would be to provide a semblance of natural light to the slums during daytime when the plates block sunlight for most of it. But they're off during the day.
And at night you don't need more than the street lights that are already in place now, do you? People are trying to sleep here, dammit!
Why do you say it’s a phantom lamp? Maybe it’s hanging from a string/wire.

ForceStealer

Double Growth

It's clearly bright enough from the real sun during the day, I figure they're to prevent most of the slums from being pitch black at night. That they really make up for the moon and stars, rather than the sun. Only the main slum centers have lights up. The paths in between are pretty dark.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Property values must be dirt cheap in front of those giant pointless lamps

Opening the blinds is like

tenor.gif

Why do you say it’s a phantom lamp? Maybe it’s hanging from a string/wire.

It's literally transparent :monster:

It's clearly bright enough from the real sun during the day, I figure they're to prevent most of the slums from being pitch black at night. That they really make up for the moon and stars, rather than the sun. Only the main slum centers have lights up. The paths in between are pretty dark.

But it's only bright enough because the devs decided to have the slums lit in the most optimal way during gameplay. Especially in the PS5 version where they changed the background to have the sun explicitly be visible through the gap in the plates. Realistically, it *should* be rather dark there for the majority of the day.

And y'know, they do call them "sun" lamps after all :wacky:
Seems like the only time you see them on during the day is when you're under Sector 4. But then again, the sun is already setting at that point.

Tets, I asked that question over a year ago when I said Tifa was getting all worked up over nothing worrying about the Sector 4 sunlamps being turned off, since they didn't need them during the day thanks to all the real sunlight under the plate, and at night they had plenty of lights at ground level to keep them going. People probably have torches and propane lamps and stuff as well. Yet Tifa was acting as if they were forcing some huge sacrifice on the Sector 4 grounders, rather than a minor inconvenience, at worst.

Anyway if Shinra's in charge of them, you can be damn sure their primary purpose isn't to make the lives of the people in the slums better. They're probably needed for surveillance or something.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think it's just to provide just the barest modicum of safety to the slums at nighttime. As I say, anywhere outside the actual settlements would be extremely dark without them. Ever been in thick enough of woods that they the canopy blocks the stars? And it would be a fairly easy bone to throw either to the complaints of slum dwellers, or more likely the wealthy plate dwellers that clearly go to the slums for a good time but then have to walk back to the train stations at night. Especially since they clearly didn't bother to provide enough power to leave them lit when maintenance was being performed.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
:shrug:

Look up, in the daytime chapters they're not on, in the nighttime chapters they are.
Maybe, as Tets suggested, since the day chapters are largely timed for dawn and dusk when you can see the real sun, they're off but are turned on in the noontime.
Alternatively, it's for nighttime illumination and the name's a bit of a misnomer and they're just called sun lamps because it's a giant fricken lamp. Would hardly be the first time that's ever happened.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Crisis Core seems to have lamps on during the day at least

maxresdefault.jpg

The daylight seeping in on the edges of the plate being so overexposed also suggests the slums being much darker compared to the brightness levels beyond the plates

idk I guess my headcanon will just be "sun lights turn on and off dynamically depending on brightness levels during the day and nighttime illumination is less bright than daytime sun substitution mode" :wackymonster:

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
One thing that kind of bothers me is that my Play Log crown disappeared.

I had the crown on PS4, transfered my save to PS5 and bought the DLC, the crown disappeared presumably due to the addition of Weiss, defeated (and assessed) Weiss but the crown hasn't returned.

Perhaps the function to "crown" the Play Log is only executed when it's first completed, then some flag disables any further "crowning." If the devs forgot to reset that flag when saves are transferred or when the DLC is installed, then that crown will never reappear.

Has anyone completed the Play Log on a fresh PS5 playthrough? Did the crown appear or is it gone entirely? Furthermore, is Weiss part of the enemy intel before buying the Intermission DLC? Trying to determine if transferring saves or installing the DLC is the true culprit. So many questions but testing requires a whole new playthrough...

PS4:
20210704_090131.jpg

PS5:
20210704_090134.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom